Ross County

GrantB

So the ref is a doctor, eh?

I certainly don't want him doing my next prostate examination.......

It's not unusual for refs to carry out that procedure. As we saw at Inverness yesterday, they routinely get their heads up Old Firm player's arses so why not have a quick look and see while they're there. :rolleyes:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was their number 3 boo'd all game?

We were asking the same question, but took the view that it's far better to boo vigourously, with no idea why you're booing, than not to boo only to find out later that you should've been for whatever reason.

The ref, yesterday, was eloquent testimony to the belief that prison DOES work. That piece of human waste should simply be put against a wall and riddled with gunshot. :mad2:

Btw, I know that planning permission has now been granted for a 'diminutive' stand at the city end, but I never expected it to be that wee. It looks like you'd seriously struggle to get more than eight or nine in it. And, it's tilted at a funny angle.

Btw, I know that planning permission has now been granted for a 'diminutive' stand at the city end, but I never expected it to be that wee. It looks like you'd seriously struggle to get more than eight or nine in it. And, it's tilted at a funny angle.

Did you know it was 288 seats before or after you saw the design.

The sad thing about it is it's crammed into the middle flanked either side by toilets, meaning it doesn't run along from corner flag to corner to corner flag. Petty thing for some people but for me the whole design is ridiculous.

Did you know it was 288 seats before or after you saw the design.

The sad thing about it is it's crammed into the middle flanked either side by toilets, meaning it doesn't run along from corner flag to corner to corner flag. Petty thing for some people but for me the whole design is ridiculous.

Tbh, NS, I haven't seen the design; I was just having a wee giggle at the commentary box thing that was on the bing, which I take it was put there on Friday for the egg-chasing. There was about 5 or 6 in it yesterday.

Not looking forward to the unveiling of the actual new stand from the way you describe it. :(

I can see why Sid was left on, to hold the ball up and help keep possession. But Doolan is hopeless at holding ball up, thought Grehan would have been better at that stage. Yes, Doolan can run in behind etc, but a couple of times he had a chance and made an arse of it. Good honest player is Doolan, but a bit powderpuff at times.

My thinking was that Doolan's pace could have caused them more trouble late in the game than Grehan holding the ball up but it was imo a marginal choice. Donnelly did well but it must be frustrating when players coming up in support stray offside so often.

No problem with our effort yesterday and I also thought that McCall got the substitutions spot on. Actually really enjoyed the game, thought there was a bit of fight in the team and we were, for vast periods of the game, the more positive side. At one stage I even thought we might sneak something.

As for the referee, I wouldn't have been surprised if we'd had another player sent off. Just seemed like one of those days with nothing going our way. Thought big Erskine played well and was nuisance value - good to see him marauding down the left, even if he doesn't quite know where he'll end up! All in all, enjoyed the game and left feeling good about Thistle.

With a slight bit of luck in the 2nd half we could even have won the match. I thought the 10 players came onto a really good game, working for each other and getting stuck in. But before the red card they were as bad as they can get, starting from the 4-sec-after-kick-off "pass" that went out for a shy in the general vicinity of nobody at all. The the ball was up in the air, bouncing around, or getting passed behind players so that they had to track back or stop and wait for it. During that time Fox had been pretty busy, whereas their keeper was a spectator.

McCall did the right thing to hook Buchanan, as he looked totally out of sorts. And yet in the 2nd half I think he might have done much better than Doolan when there was the chance of barging past the defender. Liam is good at harassing guys that way, whereas Doolan just looked too lightweight, and he won not a single tussle as far as I recall.

Almost a McQuadish performance from Erskine; one of his best games for us.

No real failures in the team, but my MoTM would be Fox. I always liked the Tuffmeister for his flair, but there was always a little doubt about what he was going to do with a cross, or where a kick might end up. But Fox looks pretty much like the complete keeper to me. Catches crosses confidently, knows when to punch and does it cleanly, a good shot stopper, good kicker. I really hope we can hold on to him. That would be something for a fund to finance, imo.

Pretty much agree with what's been said - I think it's the first time this season we've come back from behind to get something from the game. (though stand to be corrected!)

For those who didn't know why they were booing number 3...the last time we played County at home a group of wee guys about 10 years old started booing him so we joined in. We decided again on Saturday that we should continue this and see what happens. Good to see other getting involved!

Also credit to the guy who harrassed us for singing "Erskine for Scotland" with the line "You're having a laugh?!" in a genuinlly aggresive manner. Oh dear.

For me, the most encouraging thing about Saturday was the manner that we scored our goal. Who would have thought we could execute a quick free kick? Two of the goals against Stirling in the cup were also on the break - something hitherto unheard of! AND McCalls substitutions have been generally commended! Has McCall unopened his book of tactical nous, we've all known he must have been saving for a time like this?

Onwards and eastwards tomorrow.

Mon the Jags.

I was listening at work and when we went a goal (and a man down) after 20 mins, I feared the worst. At that moment, I would have bitten someone's hand off for a point so I am delighted with the effort produced to get the draw.

For that alone, the 10 men (and McCall) should be given the credit they deserve.

I hope we can kick on and get something from EEP on Tuesday.