Mccall Says Halliwell Is Free To Find Another Club

Odd Fellows

In today's match preview McCall says he has told Halliwell he is free to find another club in January.

I don't like critisicing Thistle players as every now and again they suprise you, even Willie "Bomb Scare" Kinniburgh has shown signs of improvement lately. However, I have never rated Halliwell, the only thing he seems good at is making the wrong decisions, he stays on his line when he should come out, he comes out when hew should stay, he flaps at corners and never holds the ball cleanly. Not good attributes for a goalkeeper.

As for finding another club, he'll be lucky, look at the number who have let him go since he left Clyde.

I agree with McCall, the Club should do everything they can to keep Fox, from what I have seen he has been confident, comes for the ball, can kick and has a good pair of hands. Also, it is time Scully got his chance on the bench and Hinchcliffe should stick to coaching.

There was a fair amount of criticism about the Club stalling over the signing of Halliwell. At the time I thought it might not be all down to cash flow or some other financial reason. I just don't think that he was on that list of goalies that Hinchy had evidently identified as possible signing targets.

Thought he would do well but he has been poor. Fox looks good, however with the "worrying times" words eminating from just about every statement from Firhill it makes you wonder where we are gonna get the dosh to pay for Fox's wages and I am sure more than a few clubs have noticed his good form with us

Well I am grateful that he stepped in when he did. But this is the right decision for the club.

Feel a little sorry for him, and could probably drivel on alot more about the whole situation, from taking a lifetime to sign him , to this announcement, but your post keeps it short and simple, grateful to him but yes it's the right decision.

Bugger of a time of year to be told your employment is to end and you need to look for another job so I'll also add a good luck for the future too.

Grant B was pretty much spot on about his concerns about signing a player

Aw naw, so he was :mad2:

:secret: bloody hell he is bad enough as it is, dont make him worse

Agreed!

Goodbye Geri, back to driving yer taxi. Is this a sign of confidence that we will sign Fox? If so, fantastic, if not, Hinchy :o ?

Equally agree that we had to move Bryn on but I think Jags fans should acknowledge:

1)His willingness to wait for a move to Firhill (although he may not have had an alternative)

2) His passion - he was one of the more 'up for it' players in the first quarter of the season - eg his celebration when Paddy bagged the winner against Dundee.

Sorry it didn't work out and all the best Bryn

if they get flapper Halliwell away..they should sign Peter Donnelly currently at Elgin and will be available in January...brilliant young keeper....and wouldn't cost much in wages..less than Bryn anyway

I don't know anything about him but the usual question occurs. Would the lad uproot home and possibly give up a decent job outside football to come to us for what we'd likely offer?

On that subject Rory McAllister at Brechin could arguably be the best striker in our division next season if his team get promoted.

I don't know anything about him but the usual question occurs. Would the lad uproot home and possibly give up a decent job outside football to come to us for what we'd likely offer?

On that subject Rory McAllister at Brechin could arguably be the best striker in our division next season if his team get promoted.

Good point about the job outside football but it may depend on whether he could get a job here. Our squad will probably be a mix of full-timers and part-timers next season. I can see some of our current squad being offered less lucrative contracts, e.g. Archie and Robbo, or part-time contracts.

Work with his Dad..he is Glasgow(ish) based so is actually travelling to Elgin,i am led to believe that MCall knows him or know's of him.

He is only 20..Think he was a scotland u19/20 cap...as i said wages would not break the bank

Re Rory Mcallister,Very doubtful we would get him....probably end up at a bottom 6 SPL club...

Fear not Buchanan will come good again :)

Sadly, I can see McAllister going to Dundee sooner rather than later.