Goals

thistledome

:( Just had a look at our league position and it looks very grim. Played 7 home games so far and only scored 5 Goals. Just not good enough.At least if we had scored more goals in losing it would've meant a more entertaing game to watch. It must be dire for you loyal and dedicated fans who go to Firhill these days and watch the current lot.Only scored 7 goals away from home from 8 games.Poor stuff especially when you look at Dunfermlines figures and to think that they were once worse than us. Sigh! When is it going to get better? :thinking:

Got injured in pre-season I think I read (or the operation he left us to get wasn't as successful as had hoped) took a wage cut to compensate for not being available.

I understand he was unavailable at start of season due to aftereffects of injury and operation on his ankle in April. No idea if that's still reason for his being a nonappearance so far into season.

As for the bold bit - wish he had taken a wage cut to compensate us when he was unavailable or pish for us - would have saved a small fortune.

I understand he was unavailable at start of season due to aftereffects of injury and operation on his ankle in April. No idea if that's still reason for his being a nonappearance so far into season.

As for the bold bit - wish he had taken a wage cut to compensate us when he was unavailable or pish for us - would have saved a small fortune.

He could I suppose have held us to his contract. I never thought the signing of Lovell was a bad move. The mistake came by extending his contract a second time (keeping him past the end of January).

His second half at Airdrie was one of the best individual performances I saw last season. I think McCall had every right to expect a repetition of that form. When it was clear by January that wasn't going to happen he should have got shot of him. It's slightly ironic but if Lovell had been sent packing at New Year there'd have been a lot of angry punters.

Once we find that 6'4" centre forward who is quick, can actually win the ball in the air, hold the ball when it goes forward, and score 30 a season (not in training).Easy!

IMO every one of our strikers have shown at one point or another that they can tuck the ball away. What I think we really need is a midfielder(s) who can pick out the defence splitting pass that sets up our stikers to score. This was what we were crying out for on Tuesday against Dunfermline. The match reports all seem to suggest it was even, but if we had scored one, we'd have scored five. Okay then, maybe two. I think, without actually checking, that most of our goals this season have come from defenders or midfielders so we know that they can contribute. We just need to find the spark that gets the stikers involved. If we could, who knows what might happen ...