Jags Tartan Scarves

beep0608

I mentioned this some time ago, but I ruined my Jags tartan scarf at the end of last season by getting it mixed up with other clothes, and it went into the washing machine, without me knowing. I liked it, and would like another. They're no longer available from the club, but the company who do the tartan said they would do a run, when I asked a while back. I can't remember the minimum number of scarves involved, or how much they'd cost each, but is anybody else interested? It wasn't a huge number, something like 8 or 10 scarves possibly. If even a few of you express an interest then I could ask again.

I'd be more then happy to involve the club, in case they could profit in any way, though I'm not sure how. Even if we got a few of you interested, we could maybe do something like split the costs, have one scarf each, then...auction off the spare scarves, or something? I'm not looking for personal profit here though. Any profits could go somewhere appropriate, though not necessarily into a bucket outside Dens....charity begins at home.

For now though , could anybody interested say so here please?

Edited by beep0608

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gie us wan, in the last callendar year I lost 3 Jags scarves leaving me with some utterly rubbish one that would be too small for a young child let alone me.

I hinted to Santa to get me one from Greave for my xmas but the swine never bothered.

How can you lose 3 scarves in one season ? I lost one a few years back and it hurt like hell, can't imagine losing 3 in a year !

I was going to get a new scarf so it may as well be a Thistle one - count me in.

I didn't expect that many responses, but that's great. Last year Geoffrey (Tailor) in Sauchiehall Street, just across from the dental hospital, said they would do a run, but I can't remember what the minumum order was. I'll find out but I think it was only about 8 or 10 so we already have that many. The price may reduce depending on how many we order. The more the better hopefully.

Scotweb do them, according to their site, but being one-offs they're expensive, about £85 each, which is much more than I'd be willing to spend, especially as I'd assume Thistle would get nothing from it, or not much anyway. If it came to that I'd rather do something through Thistle. Maybe we can anyway, maybe even via Greaves as they might have the contract for any Thistle merch.

There may be different options in terms of quality of material. When I bought the Thistle tartan scarf about 3 or 4 few years ago I loved it, but it was more expensive than your average scarf. Fair enough I thought. You get what you pay for, but it's a one off, unless it ends up in the washing machine. Doh!

Leave it with me folks. I'm confident we'll be able to do something.

Edited by beep0608

I didn't expect that many responses, but that's great. Last year Geoffrey (Tailor) in Sauchiehall Street, just across from the dental hospital, said they would do a run, but I can't remember what the minumum order was. I'll find out but I think it was only about 8 or 10 so we already have that many. The price may reduce depending on how many we order. The more the better hopefully.

Scotweb do them, according to their site, but being one-offs they're expensive, about £85 each, which is much more than I'd be willing to spend, especially as I'd assume Thistle would get nothing from it, or not much anyway. If it came to that I'd rather do something through Thistle. Maybe we can anyway, maybe even via Greaves as they might have the contract for any Thistle merch.

There may be different options in terms of quality of material. When I bought the Thistle tartan scarf about 3 or 4 few years ago I loved it, but it was more expensive than your average scarf. Fair enough I thought. You get what you pay for, but it's a one off, unless it ends up in the washing machine. Doh!

Leave it with me folks. I'm confident we'll be able to do something.

If the club saw this level of interest and was smart, they'd simply buy several big rolls of the tartan then engage with a couple of local's to cut and sew the scarves for next to nothing. Result?: Profit for the club, not for the manufacturer who will cream it all off.