Donnelly Tonight

Mencius

How on earth was Donnelly still on the pitch at the end of that game? A total waste of space. Should never have started in the first place and certainly should have been subbed long before the end.

Apart from that, quite enjoyed tonight. We should finish the job at Firhill

How on earth was Donnelly still on the pitch at the end of that game? A total waste of space. Should never have started in the first place and certainly should have been subbed long before the end.

Donnelly had a poor game tonight but if that's all you can post you're a waste of space on here.

Not a total waste of space mind. :)

Donnelly had a poor game tonight but if that's all you can post you're a waste of space on here.

Not a total waste of space mind. :)

Cheers. I thought I'd leave it others to post on the game as a whole but that Donnelly's performance was worth a topic on its own. I normally don't think Donnelly is worth a place in the team but watching him from behind the goal brought a whole new dimension to his laziness, his lack of finishing ability and his general tendency to slow things up rather than be positive. Given his coaching role, I think his presence on the field has a negative effect on some of the players.

I thought Sid played some good football at times and linked up well with others on a night when everyone made goofs.

If that prod of a pass to him inside the box had been just a little better directed we would all be singing his praises for a goal would certainly have come of it.

Dare I say it but I see some similarities in Sid with the Dalglish of old at times - tho' there can only be one Kenny.

I keep an eye on Sid during the rare matches I attend and I think he played his part last night.

Edited by Shuggie

With the youngsters coming through, do we really need 4 player coaches? Only McNamara is getting a regular game. Hinchcliffe is currently 4th choice. Maxwell only turns out for the reserves in bounce games. Does anyone know what Donnelly does as a coach?

With the youngsters coming through, do we really need 4 player coaches? Only McNamara is getting a regular game. Hinchcliffe is currently 4th choice. Maxwell only turns out for the reserves in bounce games. Does anyone know what Donnelly does as a coach?

Well, looking at the other names you've highlighted I'd take a wild guess at him working with the forwards.

I'm no Donnelly apologist but there were fleeting glimpses last night of a player that was a cut above every other player on the park in 'footballing terms' and it was him. He showed some great touches, beat a few men brillaintly and played/tried to play some really clever passes. I thought he was good.

Sid is working as a youth team coach, and looking at some of the youngsters coming through he seems to be doing not a bad job

And do you think that they are performing well. Our top scorer is Doolan with 7.

He is 7th top scorer in the league when you include league and cup goals, that's not too bad. The worry is the fact our next top scorer isn't even in the top 20, with Buchanan and Boyle both on 3 (I think).

I'm glad Donnelly was on it was his pass that sent Fraser scampering down the wing at our equaliser.

It was Donnellys cross( albeit deflected) that led to Cairneys chance.

I may be wrong here but did Donnelly not win us the corner that we scored the first goal from.

I must admit i didnt think Donnelly had the awful game that some other thought he had and i thought Rowson was fantastic but watch Falkirks first goal and in particular watch Rowson he was tracking back with the man who scored but when said player got the ball Rowson stopped and just stood and watched as he waltzed into the box and scored. In my eyes that is criminal and just goes to show that we sometimes only see what we want to see and i deffo include myself in that

I can exclusively reveal that Sid will be having either a Morrisons microwave curry or a Morrisons 'The Best' (toffs are careless) Mousakka for his tea along with a drink of full fat milk and a read of the soaraway Sun, before going onto play Fifa 11, all whilst wearing Pampers Pull Up nappies. Fact.

There is a rumours thread for this kind of post thanks