Thistle's Most Expensive

Chicofan

Rod McD was definitely reported as costing £100k at the time.

When was it we bought him and where did he come from (my memory thinks 1992 and Grimsby)? Was he also the first coloured player for Thistle?

I remember as a wee guy and being absolutely in awe of him, great player.

Season 92/93 IIRC.... got him from Walsall

When was it we bought him and where did he come from (my memory thinks 1992 and Grimsby)? Was he also the first coloured player for Thistle?

I've got a Scotsport clip that backs that up. McDonald's debut

94/95, from Walsall.

Joey Pathak (Asian) played in midfield in the early 80s and at the time was one of the first Asian players I think to play in Scotland. Was Bobby Barnes also pre Rod Macdonald?

Alan Munro was bought from Clydebank for a fairly large fee back in 72/73 - trouble was he was injured and only played 1 game - and a sub in another if I can remember - whilst he wasn't our most expensive signing ever he was almost certainly the most expensive player per minute played ever signed by the club.

He was an excellent player too - I saw him playing for Clydebank quite a few times - but injury put paid to his Jags career.

Edited by JeanieD

Alan Munro was bought from Clydebank for a fairly large fee back in 72/73 - trouble was he was injured and only played 1 game - and a sub in another if I can remember - whilst he wasn't our most expensive signing ever he was almost certainly the most expensive player per minute played ever signed by the club.

He was an excellent player too - I saw him playing for Clydebank quite a few times - but injury put paid to his Jags career.

As the Bankies fans used to sing: "Alan Munro, Goalscoring Machine" ! I seem to remember a fee of around 10,000, which was a fair sum at the time.

Not the best investment by PTFC, it has to be said.

Joey Pathak (Asian) played in midfield in the early 80s and at the time was one of the first Asian players I think to play in Scotland. Was Bobby Barnes also pre Rod Macdonald?

Bobby Barnes was before Rod MacDonald by a couple of seasons

Edited by jaggy