Warriors Gate Money?

jagaritis

I believe that it is an annual contract which covers the maintenance of the pitch. It would be interesting to know if the terms include maintaining the pitch to a certain standard. It looks terrible at the moment and we ought to be compensated if maintenance standards have dropped.

I believe that it is an annual contract which covers the maintenance of the pitch. It would be interesting to know if the terms include maintaining the pitch to a certain standard. It looks terrible at the moment and we ought to be compensated if maintenance standards have dropped.

I wouldn't want to upset the apple cart but it is a bit strange this agreement. The state of the pitch is I'm sure far more important for football. I'm also fairly sure that we need the grass cut shorter than the rugger chappies require.

I wouldn't want to upset the apple cart but it is a bit strange this agreement. The state of the pitch is I'm sure far more important for football. I'm also fairly sure that we need the grass cut shorter than the rugger chappies require.

I would expect the length of the grass to be specified in the contract. There are a few top level rugby teams who share with football teams so grass length must not be an issue. Examples include Saracens at Watford, Wasps at Wycombe, London Irish at Reading and Cardiff Blues at Cardiff FC.

I have heard that we only get Warriors gate money from Heineken cup games from quarters onwards....they've never got there so far!

As far as I know the Warriors give us £100K per year for the use of Firill and that 'they'(SRU) are responsible for the pitch upkeep.

As far as I know the Warriors give us £100K per year for the use of Firill and that 'they'(SRU) are responsible for the pitch upkeep.

Do we not get any bar profits as well?

This ^^^^^ is my understanding of the deal...I think it was a 5 year deal but cant mind when it's due to expire (2012 I think).

From my notes at last year's AGM, the Warrior's signed a 5 year deal one and a half years ago (so 2 and a half years left), they pay approximately £100,000 in rent and we get the bar takings from their home games.

At the event on Wednesday evening David Beattie said that this accounts for 15% of our income.

I would expect the length of the grass to be specified in the contract. There are a few top level rugby teams who share with football teams so grass length must not be an issue. Examples include Saracens at Watford, Wasps at Wycombe, London Irish at Reading and Cardiff Blues at Cardiff FC.

Think you're missing my point. It seems strange to me that the folk less interested in the state of the pitch are the ones handed the remit. Also coming to think of it rather strange that the tenants are in charge of the upkeep.

From my notes at last year's AGM, the Warrior's signed a 5 year deal one and a half years ago (so 2 and a half years left), they pay approximately £100,000 in rent and we get the bar takings from their home games.

At the event on Wednesday evening David Beattie said that this accounts for 15% of our income.

surely you mean 3 & a half years??? :thinking:

Think you're missing my point. It seems strange to me that the folk less interested in the state of the pitch are the ones handed the remit. Also coming to think of it rather strange that the tenants are in charge of the upkeep.

They do the most damage to it so they are responsible for putting it right.

However, I wouldn't criticise them too much as they appear to be doing a good job. I can remember how bad the pitch use to be at this time of year, before the rugby and with far less severe weather than we have been having to contend with this year.

They do the most damage to it so they are responsible for putting it right.

However, I wouldn't criticise them too much as they appear to be doing a good job. I can remember how bad the pitch use to be at this time of year, before the rugby and with far less severe weather than we have been having to contend with this year.

Ibrox has been a state over the last few years, Motherwell simply shocking. Saw East End Park on BBC yesterday and it looked in a similar state to Firhill.

Beatie and McCall felt the job carried out with the groundsman was superb and feels Firhill in a better state than a lot of pitches that have no rugby.

what was also very clear is that both Jags and the Warriors are very happy with the working relationship and both hope it to continue.