Parking Fines - The Ones You Can Safely Ignore

KAWB

Glad I googled this company Parking Eye having got a 'fine' today.

Seems this is a private ticket and all the advice says ignore this shower of money grabbing lowlifes.

Don't admit anything and even after threats of debt collectors they give up.

Anyone who receives one should never pay. Useful guidance on Watchdog YouTube videos and Money Saving Expert Forums.

For info it was Anniesland retail park where Mothercare is.

Remember, don't pay these folks.

Glad I googled this company Parking Eye having got a 'fine' today.

Seems this is a private ticket and all the advice says ignore this shower of money grabbing lowlifes.

Don't admit anything and even after threats of debt collectors they give up.

Anyone who receives one should never pay. Useful guidance on Watchdog YouTube videos and Money Saving Expert Forums.

For info it was Anniesland retail park where Mothercare is.

Remember, don't pay these folks.

Typo?

Seriously, I wish you well with this. Although I don't know anything about this mob, all the documentaries and other footage I've ever seen on the parking 'industry' clearly show that it's stuffed with maggots of the lowest order. It seems commonplace for these mobs to use every unscrupulous trick in the book including falsely time-set photographs of alleged offenders' cars and deploying loan-shark type tactics to call in 'debts'.

They are scum who should be wiped out of any civilised society.

What excuse did they use? I don't remember seeing any warning signs about there.

I was allegedly 18 minutes over the 2 hour allowance. 2 hours!!??? Its a feckin retail park FFS, what an unrealistic time. We spent an hour and a half in Mothercare and the rest in Morrisons.

There are cameras now on entry and exit - need to look next time.

I'm actually going to park there deliberately now and just ignore all their fines as they will NEVER prosecute. Well its not a legal fine in the first place so how can they.

Good thread, if you get one from APCOA just ignore them too. In fact as the OP says ignore them all, unless it's a council ticket. I received letters every month, getting increasingly threatening eventually talking about court and final warnings etc... Although none of them were recorded delivery. Then they just stopped, think they give up once they realise they aren't getting a bean and would never take anyone to court as they couldn't possibly win the case.

A friend of mine parked in an APCOA car park for about 2 years and amassed over £17k worth of fines and didn't pay them a penny.

Parked at Braehead and got a ticket for parking. OK it was a "disabled" bay, BUT I had a six year old throwing up,was in and out in 7 minutes (no more), half of the bays were taken up with the snow piled up in them AND the "disabled bays" were so far away from the entrance, that unless the occupants of the bays ALL used wheelchairs, they were committing fraud and were being aided and abbetted by the Braehead owners.

Anyway, the culprits are an outfit called TOWN AND CITY PARKING of PERTH.

I emailed BOTH them and Braehead, told both where to go, and BEGGED them to take me to court as I was going to prove that their disabled bays were illegal (the ones I was parked in at least), since they were further away from the entrance than one could legally walk to qualify for the Mobility Scheme!!!!!

Ticket cancelled.

• 11 years later...

Looking to see if anyone knows if these Parking Charge Notices can still be ignored in Scotland.

Bit of story to this one as I had "scrapped" the car but seems it was then repaired, which I have no issue with, however, DVLA said they did not receive the document I sent to inform them of the scrapping of the car/change of ownership.

In between all that I moved to 2 hours away from where the alleged illegal parking  took place, and would have been working from home at home at the time, and completely forgot about the car and not getting any confirmation from DVLA.

Looks like they are now after me as I would technically have been the registered keeper at the time. 

This is from well over a year ago now and they have only just recently contacted me.  Not sure if they are supposed to provide any evidence.

On their letter it states I can't appeal and only able to dispute if it goes to Court.

Citizens Advice have said to contact them and plead the case whilst other folk have said don't as could potentially admit liability, etc.

Dunno what to do lol.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

:ph34r:

• 5 weeks later...