Scotland Squad

Mr Bunny

Not much interest in this I see but anyway, here it is from the BBC website..

Goalkeepers: Bell (Kilmarnock) Gordon (Sunderland) McGregor (Rangers)

Defenders: Bardsley (Sunderland) Berra (Wolves) Caldwell (Wigan Athletic) Hanley (Blackburn Rovers) Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur) Danny Wilson (Liverpool) Mark Wilson (Celtic)

Midfielders: Adam (Blackpool) Bannan (Aston Villa) Brown (Celtic) Commons (Celtic) Dorrans (West Brom) Fletcher (Manchester United) McCulloch (Rangers) Morrison (West Brom)

Forwards: Maguire (Aberdeen) Miller (Bursaspor) Naismith (Rangers) Snodgrass (Leeds United)

Mostly as you'd expect except for Hanley, Danny Wilson and Macguire.

One thing though .. our forward line looks unimpressive. Macguire is rated I know but with lots still to prove ... Naismith is OK but isn't Snodgrass a midfielder? And aren't the cops after him? :)

Edited by Mr Bunny

No Steven Fletcher again. Is he injured or is Levein being petty because Fletcher spoke out about his lack of chances?

Sounds about right. Levein is a petty idiot.

Snodgrass (who has never been a striker) listed up front. Naismith who doesn't play as a striker for the H*n. And to top it off, 3 right backs (M. Wilson, Hutton and Bardsley) and no left back. Surely we have someone who can naturally play left back? Crainey has been playing there for Blackpool all season.

Take it we'll play 4-5-1 against the mighty Northern Ireland.

Sounds about right. Levein is a petty idiot.

Snodgrass (who has never been a striker) listed up front. Naismith who doesn't play as a striker for the H*n. And to top it off, 3 right backs (M. Wilson, Hutton and Bardsley) and no left back. Surely we have someone who can naturally play left back? Crainey has been playing there for Blackpool all season.

Take it we'll play 4-5-1 against the mighty Northern Ireland.

More likely it will be 4-2-3-1 which will let him play two defensive players in front of the back 4 and 3 midfielders just in front of them. And Miller up front a mile away from the rest of the team.

Edited by Mr Bunny

More likely it will be 4-2-3-1 which will let him play two defensive players in front of the back 4 and 3 midfielders just in front of them. And Miller up front a mile away from the rest of the team.

Against the footballing might of Northern Ireland.

I really despair. I'm finished with international football while this numpty is turning us into a laughing stock.

Against the footballing might of Northern Ireland.

I really despair. I'm finished with international football while this numpty is turning us into a laughing stock.

no paddy boyle in the team? I'd take him over crainey any day! and paton over hutton any day. and rowson over brown or fletcher any day. and the fantastic mr fox over bambi any day! mccall over levein, right im goin to bed now. :lol:

Steven Fletcher made himself unavailable to play according to Sky Sports News

Full story here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9384916.stm

"Fletcher sent a text message to Frank Reilly, a Scottish Football Association official, stating that he did not want to be selected. He added that national team coach Craig Levein could phone him if he wanted.

Levein was quoted as saying: "Steven Fletcher was selected, but he has since indicated that he did not wish to be." Levein was ready to recall Fletcher after dropping him for November's friendly against Faroe Islands."

Fletcher GTF!

"Fletcher sent a text message to Frank Reilly, a Scottish Football Association official, stating that he did not want to be selected. He added that national team coach Craig Levein could phone him if he wanted.

Levein was quoted as saying: "Steven Fletcher was selected, but he has since indicated that he did not wish to be." Levein was ready to recall Fletcher after dropping him for November's friendly against Faroe Islands."

Fletcher GTF!

We don't know how much pressure he might have been under from his club to drop out. Since he's one of the few decent forwards we have, I'd wait until he's knocked back another game or two before I'd take that attitude.

Fletcher GTF!

Levein can GTF, it was his pettiness in dropping Fletcher that led to this situation. Fletcher was right to criticise playing away in the Czech Republic with no strikers. He's also a far better player than those being picked in front of him so no wonder he's pissed off.

With such a limited pool of talented players Levein shouldn't be rocking the boat. That's 2 already in a short space of time who don't wish to be considered with him as manager, along with Ferguson remaining in retirement after Levein failed to convince him to come back.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

I don't like players knocking back playing for Scotland but Fletcher does have a point.

At a time when we don't exactly have many £7M strikers, we really should be looking to give those that we have some game time. I'd like to hear Fletcher's side of the story before I judge him.

Wait for this, Levein will recall Boyd now...

If that was the case you don't do it by text.

You may be right about Fletcher and I may be wrong but that doesn't cut it as an argument these days. You must be even older than me because as far as I can see young folk see texting as a perfectly normal way of communicating and it isn't always just about daft wee messsages to mates. You can send emails by text and that seen as being as official as a letter these days.

Of course I may be insulting you by suggesting you're older than me .. maybe I'm just 'younger at heart'. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr Bunny

I don't like players knocking back playing for Scotland but Fletcher does have a point.

At a time when we don't exactly have many £7M strikers, we really should be looking to give those that we have some game time. I'd like to hear Fletcher's side of the story before I judge him.

Wait for this, Levein will recall Boyd now...

No different to the Boyd scenario yet you seem to be more forgiving of Fletcher?

Fletcher didn't have the decency to even notify Levein personally. He has been privileged enough to represent his country and has turned his back on that.

You play for the country not the manager.

No different to the Boyd scenario yet you seem to be more forgiving of Fletcher?

Fletcher didn't have the decency to even notify Levein personally. He has been privileged enough to represent his country and has turned his back on that.

The formation in Prague was a disgrace but that apart I think we're being a bit unfair to Levein. I was happy at his appointment, he seemed to be the obvious choice so I'm still optimistic. I'd also like to give this Celtic Cup a chance. What else is the national team doing just now? There is a chance of winning a tournament. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing this played every couple of years.

It seems that England may be willing to play us again soon, cos they have some anniversary. On their terms of course. Like, when and if they want to. That gets my back up a bit. Should we play hard to get now? Or even tell them to f off?

I agree. I made the point that I'm not happy with him. However, I would like to hear Fletcher's side to it. I'd like to know why, for instance, when we were calling up every Tom, Dick and Harry for the Faroes game (including players from the mighty Swindon Town), he didn't call Fletcher when he was fit and willing to play.

It's a friendly against Northern Ireland, it isnt right in the middle of set of World Cup qualifiers (like Boyd)