Dungdee Crunch Time In Next 24 Hours

Lindau

81.6% of creditors agree to CVA.

If true that's a shocker. Thought it would be a close run thing. In fact I was about to post this from the BBC web site:

"Any objections by creditors could still be lodged within 28 days, after which Dundee FC Supporters' Society Ltd would become the majority voice at the club with 53.7% of the shareholding.

The settlement offer would not involve the resolution of money owed to former players or management - who would be dealt with by the new owners

That could pose problems with HMRC, to whom Dundee owe taxes of around £365,000, as they do not look favourably on any creditors receiving preferential treatment.

However, if the club do not deal with football staff separately, they could find themselves the subject of further sanctions by the Scottish Football League. "

So still more to come I think.

Edited by Mr Bunny

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame on the taxman. That is OUR money they are claiming. What right have they to accept 6p in the £ on our behalf?

They didnt have a choice

Current rules say that if 75% of creditors vote for the CVA then it is passed. Brennan and Melville = more than 75% so it was a certainty

Joke of an outcome , couldve lived with 25/30% but 6% is just sticking 2 fingers up at the rest of Scottish football IMO.

As a free market man, shouldn't you be respecting this decision as just such an expression :thinking::lol:

Dear me, social democrat... vested interests and unpaid debts are not in the slightest bit compatible with a free market.

Besides, CVAs are tantamount to theft from creditors as far as I'm concerned. As a stakeholder in the government's interest, any taxpayer should be outraged.

;)

Edited by Woodstock Jag

They didnt have a choice

Current rules say that if 75% of creditors vote for the CVA then it is passed. Brennan and Melville = more than 75% so it was a certainty

Joke of an outcome , couldve lived with 25/30% but 6% is just sticking 2 fingers up at the rest of Scottish football IMO.

I'd read something attributed to Bryan Jackson a while back that suggested that the taxman was responsible for 25% of the outstanding debt.

It's a dark day for Scottish football. Yet again, cheats get to prosper at the expense of clubs like us.

81.6% of creditors agree to CVA.

SIX pence in the pound. Absolute disgrace.

£2.3 million of debt, written off with £138k.

£23 million of debt in 2003: once again, majority written off, and without any punishment.

Dundee FC = absolute disgrace.

They should be flung out of the league.

What a vile Club.

I'd read something attributed to Bryan Jackson a while back that suggested that the taxman was responsible for 25% of the outstanding debt.

It's a dark day for Scottish football. Yet again, cheats get to prosper at the expense of clubs like us.

You can be sure in past few months, figures will have been manipulated to ensure Brennan & Melville will have been well in excess of the 75% of the debt, so these cheats escape yet again, essentially unscathed.

I suggest we all pay £1.14 to go to Dens next visit.

It's only fair after all.

Or alternatively don't go, and give them the square root of fk all.

Dear me, social democrat... vested interests and unpaid debts are not in the slightest bit compatible with a free market.

Besides, CVAs are tantamount to theft from creditors as far as I'm concerned. As a stakeholder in the government's interest, any taxpayer should be outraged.

;)

Shouldn't that be "any taxpayer should be outraged at being a taxpayer" according to the doctrines of the autarchist, democracy sceptic, free-market anarchist population? :thinking:

It's bloody disgusting. It's fraud. they never even once thought about paying their creditors. They're rightly laughing at every other team in scotland who has dealt with thing honestly. Disgusting club. If someone offered u £6 pound back after borrowing £100 quid then any normal person would give them a sound thrashing before demanding your money back within 24hrs or the blunt instruments will be swapped for stabbies. Maybe thats what they need, a kickin. Sometimes its the only language some people understand

It's bloody disgusting. It's fraud. they never even once thought about paying their creditors. They're rightly laughing at every other team in scotland who has dealt with thing honestly. Disgusting club. If someone offered u £6 pound back after borrowing £100 quid then any normal person would give them a sound thrashing before demanding your money back within 24hrs or the blunt instruments will be swapped for stabbies. Maybe thats what they need, a kickin. Sometimes its the only language some people understand

Considering some of the guys who've owned the club in the past, they understand that well enough and are quite capable of giving the debtor the kicking/stabbing. Which is maybe why they think they can always get away with it.

Considering some of the guys who've owned the club in the past, they understand that well enough and are quite capable of giving the debtor the kicking/stabbing. Which is maybe why they think they can always get away with it.

I've got to say after reading this thread the people running Scumdee make our BoD's seem like choirboys, that couldn't be accurate, could it?

Edited by stillresigned

They are claiming they are using the Griffiths money plus the Sky cup money to run the club whilst £150k raised by the DFCSS is going towards the CVA.

Ridiculous that they were allowed to maintain a team capable of competing in this division and use money raised since going into administration on maintaining that team until May rather than pay creditors.