Simon Donnelly

MWM

11th Commandment - Thou shalt not criticise Simon Donnelly in any way shape or form.

,,,,, according to many Jags fans.

Personally I find this attitude bizarre.

Look up your dictionary:

"Criticism"

"Mindless, pointless, abuse"

You'll find the definitions don't match.

But you knew that anyway. Don't let your dislike of the man make you ignore that.

yes here we go..."if you don't like donnelly,you know nothing about football."bollocks.donelly has never done enough for me in a jags top.he shits it out of tackles.his finishing is frequentlt terrible.and he is symptomatic of the tippy tappy play that has prevented us from burying teams for 5 seasons.if he lined up against for another team i would not be the least bit concerned

I've not always disliked him. Hes had good spells here and there, but for pretty much a good year now hes been an injury prone waste of a wage and he really needs to go.

His dilly dallying, snail pace play and more and more frequently, bad decision making and giving the ball away are costing the team. Good thing we aren't involved in anything serious for the remainder of the season.

Hey though I'm just a moron who knows nothing about football.

The impression that I got from the recent Meet the Manager evening was that this is probably the last season for Donnelly and McNamara so lets just back them when they play as they are still Partick Thistle players after all.

My opinion, for what its worth, is that Donnelly has been a better than average signing over his period here and when you speak to people at the Club they all comment on the positive impact he has had with our developing younger players.

I've not always disliked him. Hes had good spells here and there, but for pretty much a good year now hes been an injury prone waste of a wage and he really needs to go.

His dilly dallying, snail pace play and more and more frequently, bad decision making and giving the ball away are costing the team. Good thing we aren't involved in anything serious for the remainder of the season.

Hey though I'm just a moron who knows nothing about football.

You see up to that point you were criticising Donnelly ... i.e. making comments on his performance and giving reasons for what you said.

Then you went and showed a big chip on your shoulder and ended up defending abuse - yes you did because this thread happened because some guy with more drink than sense in him posted abuse and got criticised for doing that, nobody said Donnelly was beyond criticism.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Can't comment on yesterday but on Wed in Perth, Donnelly looked off the pace when he came on. Not sure whether he's rusty after being out the team for a few weeks or his legs have finally caught up with him.

I'd be perfectly happy for him to stay at the club next season in a coaching capacity as his experience of playing at the top level is invaluable to the young guys coming through.

Here we go again, what a load of pish! ALL HAIL KING SID!

Sid was woeful imo in his 1st 2 season, ok for the rest of his time.....except this season. He's done at this level. If it's so pish, why does the subject continually come up?

Wasn't in Perth or Dumfries but I just think his time is up as a 1st division player, aint being too critical of him tho considering he's paid buttons this season.

Can't comment on yesterday but on Wed in Perth, Donnelly looked off the pace when he came on. Not sure whether he's rusty after being out the team for a few weeks or his legs have finally caught up with him.

I'd be perfectly happy for him to stay at the club next season in a coaching capacity as his experience of playing at the top level is invaluable to the young guys coming through.

Considering we were told he was injured & wouldn't be able to take part last Saturday, but then made an appearance on Wednesday. I'd guess he's not totally fir & only playing when needed. Yes, he has been poor the last 2 games, but he's had about 30mins of football in the last few months. He's not finished yet.