Mr Brighton

thornwoodjag

Does anyone know if we are interested in tam brighton,who has played his last game as a trialist for dundee.could he do a job for us?

Rangers youth system product, ex gypo and St Mirren?

Did he play in a Scotland U21s at Firhill some years ago? Vaguely remember it but could be wrong.

Surely were better with what we have until end of the season, unless he wants to play for free.

Surely were better with what we have until end of the season, unless he wants to play for free.

When I mentioned Brighton on another thread it was in response to McCall's quote in last night's ET. He also said at the meet the manager that even if he was able to get another player in he would still be toying with the notion of holding back to the summer.

Putting aside the wisdom of bringing in another player if he is indeed interested in a striker, Brighton has the benefit of being match fit.

Does anyone know if we are interested in tam brighton,who has played his last game as a trialist for dundee.could he do a job for us?

I presume we would need to be paying him unless he plays as a trialist or on a simialr deal to Fox earlier in the season. Due to our finances I wouldnt be surprised as I said on one of the other forums for it to be someone on loan who we are paying next to nothing for.

i really think he wants to play for dundee and be a 'man of the people, save them from impending doom etc'. hes a bit of a media slut. i wouldnt want him to play for us. he's using scum dee to give himself a platform to better things and elsewhere and we can do without that. we need players like doolan who will be there for the long haul.

Agree with this. I think the manager said something about bringing other players in if he thought we still had a wee chance in the league. The last couple of results have blown that so any spare cash should be saved for the new season. Of course if we can get someone in for buttons or less, just to give us cover then fine but otherwise wait till later.

Agree with this. I think the manager said something about bringing other players in if he thought we still had a wee chance in the league. The last couple of results have blown that so any spare cash should be saved for the new season. Of course if we can get someone in for buttons or less, just to give us cover then fine but otherwise wait till later.

This. I don't even see why we should now be playing any youngster on loan from another team, when we should be giving experience to our own youngsters.

Tom Brighton is to join Stirling Albion for the remainder of the season.

Brighton, playing as a trialist, scored the Binos' first goal on Saturday. They appear to be even harder up than us so, presumably, McCall was not interested in him. We do need another striker, especially if Doolan gets injured. Brighton could have been a reasonable option for us. Perhaps McCall has decided that he only wants McHugh.