Game Aff

angry gaz

Serious question, can the egg tossers play on an artificial surface?

Contractually we`re committed to them but if they can play on the new artificial pitches then we should bite the bullet. Financially, it`s a no brainer. Little maintenance and opening the playing surface to constant (and profitable) usage. I know that the SPL don`t allow it but with UEFA playing finals on such surfaces I reckon their ruling is seriously endangered by any claims of restraint of trade.

Bottom line is that if the powers that be had any initiative they would help fund artificial surfaces for ALL lower league clubs in this country. This would at a stroke remove any needs for summer football, open up the pitches to the communities they are situated in, allow all year training, cut running costs and provide an income stream.

Important thing is though, it would let me leave for a game in the knowledge that the game will go ahead. At the moment I`m not even chancing home/away games because of the possibility/probabilty that the game will be cancelled after I`ve set off.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question, can the egg tossers play on an artificial surface?

Contractually we`re committed to them but if they can play on the new artificial pitches then we should bite the bullet. Financially, it`s a no brainer. Little maintenance and opening the playing surface to constant (and profitable) usage. I know that the SPL don`t allow it but with UEFA playing finals on such surfaces I reckon their ruling is seriously endangered by any claims of restraint of trade.

Bottom line is that if the powers that be had any initiative they would help fund artificial surfaces for ALL lower league clubs in this country. This would at a stroke remove any needs for summer football, open up the pitches to the communities they are situated in, allow all year training, cut running costs and provide an income stream.

Important thing is though, it would let me leave for a game in the knowledge that the game will go ahead. At the moment I`m not even chancing home/away games because of the possibility/probabilty that the game will be cancelled after I`ve set off.

Yes, it is possible. I'm sure it happens at a high level in the UK, but I'm not sure where. My uni have artificial pitches that rugby can be played on, I've not played on it but I've played football (as goalie) on the same type of pitch and had no problems diving about.

It's a move that I think we need to make, as it would provide a reliable surface that suits both clubs, a reliable revenue stream, training facilities and even match facilities for the youth teams.