Game Aff

angry gaz

Local ref- I don't think this pitch is playable ,in fact i'm convinced that when the match ref turns up he'll call the game off

Club- right, just declare it playable then, and the Bairns team and fans will travel, then when the match ref comes and calls it off it'll get it right up them for doing it to us.

:lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in, having walked all the way to Firhill only to have to turn around and walk all the way back! This is not good enough. We've already had this situation at Falkirk earlier in the year where one official says the pitch is playable and the match official decides otherwise. If it wasn't playable at 2 o'clock, then it wasn't playable at 11 am. Summer football anyone?...

Yes

Local ref- I don't think this pitch is playable ,in fact i'm convinced that when the match ref turns up he'll call the game off

Club- right, just declare it playable then, and the Bairns team and fans will travel, then when the match ref comes and calls it off it'll get it right up them for doing it to us.

:lol:

i pray to god thats what happened. :)

In my opinion the pitch was no worse that the last couple of home games (remember as well that the Stirling game was played in the rain) and having arrived at Firhill just before noon the weather continually improved and there was no rain so it seems there is a difference between what Mr Muir and Mr Richmond deem acceptable.

Ouch!

Wonder what the situation is with those in hospitality? Partial refund after no game or full refund? This could really cost the Club.

I remember something similar (frozen pitch, or heavy snow) several years ago. Folk in hospitality just kept drinking until they got bored and went home. Got vouchers for free admission and snacks for the rearranged game. Seems reasonable enough, given that it's not actually the club's fault.

Edited by Jaggernaut

If the Morton v QoS score stays the same then we jump above Morton (we are so good we don't even need to play to move up the table).

Morton 4 down so up to fifth we go.

As for those in hospitality today, why not offer them comps for the rearrange match? They had all been fed and watered so don't think they should ge given refunds for game being off today.

Also feel that it may be worth the jags looking at charging £5.00 entry for the rearranged fixture. we have lost out in a lot of revenue today and may be a reduction in the gate prices for the rearranged match, would may be bring more along who would normally go mid week. just a thought.

charlton have charged £5.00 entry to their game today and they have almost sold out the ground. Not saying jags would do same but it's surely worth thinking about.

That was a waste of 4 hours. With the pitch passing the inspection at 11am, it should have went ahead. Get the match ref to do all inspections! If the match ref lives too far away, then appoint a ref who lives closer to the venue, common sense, eh?

Anyone who didn't come back to get a refund on their ticket, it can be used on the re-arranged date.

As for the Falkirk fan wanting to 'speak to someone in authority' as he wanted his petrol money, just...naw. Then when I pointed out to him, in a friendly manner, that we had had the same inconvience only a couple of months ago that was deemed to be irrelevant. The Falkirk away game didn't go ahead because of the 1st inspection being passed, but also because their undersoil heating isn't fit for purpose. Ours didn't go ahead today as the initial inspection was passed when it shouldn't have been. It could be said our pitch isn't fit for purpose, yes it's a heap, but it's a mans game.

My opinion was that the pitch was playable, the ball ran no worse than any other week, the referee seemed to have no problems turning on the affected aread. The only problem was that the bill didn't bounce on certain areas of the pitch, but if that's a major problem, all our games until the end of the season will be off. I have to also say, Richmond has some silky skills dribbling with the ball!

Edited by 1 John Lambie

• Members

least of all the idiot in the aitken suite who wanted his petrol money back but claimed the same thing happening to us in December had no relevance!!

As for the Falkirk fan wanting to 'speak to someone in authority' as he wanted his petrol money, just...naw. Then when I pointed out to him, in a friendly manner, that we had had the same inconvience only a couple of months ago that was deemed to be irrelevant.

Guys. Don't even try reasoning with folk like that. Best thing to do is point him towards the Club offices and smile. Then as soon as he leaves the building, pea yourselves laughing at the clown. :thumbsup2:

Richmond took a free kick apparently and didnt like the surface.

Not true according to the steward that told us it was off. He said the match ref gave it a good check but the ball wouldn't bounce in certain areas.

Bloody disgrace though, the match ref should make all inspections, end of story. We have seen this crap happen twice now where a local ref's opion is different from the match ref's. A waste of time & petrol for all concerned

Not true according to the steward that told us it was off. He said the match ref gave it a good check but the ball wouldn't bounce in certain areas.Bloody disgrace though, the match ref should make all inspections, end of story. We have seen this crap happen twice now where a local ref's opion is different from the match ref's. A waste of time & petrol for all concerned

The same as the Stirling game and today the overhead conditions were much better.

Agree regarding your point about the match referee making the decisions, mind you as he only turned up at 1.30pm it would still have been a late call off (but heaven forbid that Scottish refs get out of bed early).

how vocal has the wee fud mccall been this time with a late call off ha ha!!

lot of rain or is the rugby spoiling the park?

We were nothing but professional when your game was called off, by all accounts Falkirk put a hell of a lot of pressure on an inexperienced official who did the 1st inspection. It was Pressley who saw fit to host a bounce game on the pitch to prove it was playable, how did that end up again?

On your 2nd part, bit of both.

On a bit more positive note, even though disapponted. As I was taking one of my yougest grankids to his first game we had a wee look at the pitch on our way out and a sit in the dugouts A gentleman I didn't recognose (Iain Dodds I think) spoke to us for a a minute then asked us to wait when he went away. He returned with a signed ball for the wean and the club photographer. Wee fellow was a bit too shy to show gratitude but I like to thank the man and the club for showing a bit of care for their youngest supporters. Well done PTFC.

P.S. Bye the way the pitch was fine and playable what the ref was thinking about I don't know there was no danger to anyone playing on the pitch and he just wasted a few thousand supporters (+ one wee boys)Saturday afternoon

Total disgrace that amateur and school matches were on today (on grass) but not at Firhill - is anyone really bothered to ask why the pitch at Firhill is so crap these days?

And as an aside I was caught out up at Falkirk by the late call off - and much as I dislike Falkirk and their fans it's a crap time to call off any match after fans of both sides have travelled to see a game - so I do feel sorry for their fans who would have been at the ground or nearly there.

Total bollox for all concerned and I hope the early inspection ref gets a right good boot in the fkin haw-maws.

On a bit more positive note, even though disapponted. As I was taking one of my yougest grankids to his first game we had a wee look at the pitch on our way out and a sit in the dugouts A gentleman I didn't recognose (Iain Dodds I think) spoke to us for a a minute then asked us to wait when he went away. He returned with a signed ball for the wean and the club photographer. Wee fellow was a bit too shy to show gratitude but I like to thank the man and the club for showing a bit of care for their youngest supporters. Well done PTFC.

P.S. Bye the way the pitch was fine and playable what the ref was thinking about I don't know there was no danger to anyone playing on the pitch and he just wasted a few thousand supporters (+ one wee boys)Saturday afternoon

Good to here that, hope your grandson gets along to a game before the end of the season.

Fecking raging at this today. It's not Thistle's fault....it's that prick Richmond.

I heard from a very reliable source that the game should've went ahead.

Richmond was on the bevy last night and had a bad hangover.

In my opinion the pitch was playable and if it was clearly not then there would not have been the need for such a long inspection.

I was actually just on my way out when I spotted Ian (yeah, it was Ian Dodds) with you guys. Your grandson looked really down in the dumps, so a wee pic to add to the ball might have perked him up from the disappointment of the call off. Iain. I've got the pics in front of me right now, so if you send me your e-mail address either in a pm or e-mail message via here, I'll send you the best pic directly to save time (and also before I get the chance to forget - my memory really is shocking). He still looks miserable though, but YOU'VE got a big grin on yer face! :D

We were nothing but professional when your game was called off, by all accounts Falkirk put a hell of a lot of pressure on an inexperienced official who did the 1st inspection. It was Pressley who saw fit to host a bounce game on the pitch to prove it was playable, how did that end up again?

On your 2nd part, bit of both.

It was probably George Craig actually that went with the whole bounce game thing. A big publicity stunt, that Pressley called short because the players were sliding everywhere.