Game Aff

angry gaz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what has changed in the last few hours?

Glad it happened against Falkirk as it is exactly the same thing that happened to us when we were due to play at their ground.

Aye, but there goes the moral high ground. Appears we're just as incompetent as them...

Edit: That said, I shouldn't be too annoyed given that I'm working today and was gutted to miss it whereas I'll make it to the rearranged fixture...

Edited by Mediocre Pundit

Aye, but there goes the moral high ground. Appears we're just as incompetent as them...

Edit: That said, I shouldn't be too annoyed given that I'm working today and was gutted to miss it whereas I'll make it to the rearranged fixture...

True. I am glad that if it did have to happen, it happened against them though.

I couldn't make it today either and will likely be able to go to a rearranged fixture.

just in from firhill

whoever thought that pitch was playable at 11.15am should be hounded out.

the ref's obviously arrived and seen the state of it. to be fair to him, he took a long hard look at it between 1.45 and 2.10 and tried his utmost to convince himself it was playable.

large parts were basically a soggy sand pit and other parts the ball either bobbled or stopped dead.

100 or so eager fans outside the away end hadn't been told by the time I walked back past them about 2.10pm.

• Members

Whoever said it was playable at 11.00 wants to take a good look at himself.

Exactly. Has the weather taken a turn for the worse since 11:00am above Firhill? I've a lot of sympathy for the Falkirk fans that were making the journey. Chances are most of them wont come back for the re-arranged fixture and who could blame them.

The SFL should be paying Clubs compensation in these situations. I'd also like to see the Clubs accept a little responsibility as well by knocking about 33% off the ticket prices for the return match. If the SFL compensated the Clubs, the Clubs could pass the vast majority of the compensation on to the fans by reducing ticket prices for the fixture.

Exactly. Has the weather taken a turn for the worse since 11:00am above Firhill? I've a lot of sympathy for the Falkirk fans that were making the journey. Chances are most of them wont come back for the re-arranged fixture and who could blame them.

The SFL should be paying Clubs compensation in these situations. I'd also like to see the Clubs accept a little responsibility as well by knocking about 33% off the ticket prices for the return match. If the SFL compensated the Clubs, the Clubs could pass the vast majority of the compensation on to the fans by reducing ticket prices for the fixture.

all spot on. unfortunately, all of your ideas are all too logical for the SFL to fulfil.

amateur/local refs should be banned from making any sort of early pitch prognosis

I seem to recall Falkirk looking for 10 grand compensation from the SFA after their game against us was called off at short notice in December at their ground. Not to sure how they go on with that request though :thinking:

Absolutely Bloody furious! Time for Change ! As I heard it, a local referee passed the pitch playable at 11am ( same scenario as at Falkirk earlier in the season) and then the match referee appears and calls the game off at 2pm. Absolutely no change in weather conditions in the intervening period, so why is the game off? If the pitch was playable at 11am it should still be playable at 2pm, and if it wasn't then why the hell was it passed at 11am?

It's simply not good enough! Time to make the match official responsible for ALL pitch inspections as the current system simply does not work and has caused massive inconvenience for God knows how many people today. If this means that consequently games can only be refereed by local refs than so be it, I would rather put up with that than the utter shambles we have seen in operation today :angry:

Just parked car at ground and about to get out when I heard on the radio of another pitch inspection. Waited for a few minutes and Richard Gordon confirmed game off. What is it with local referees and match officials? A gap of three hours (unless there was a massive deluge of snow or rain), will make not make any difference whether a game should be on or off. Lost revenue etc, we can ill afford. Would anyone know the last time a game at Firhill has been called off for a waterlogged pitch?

I've said it before, but Scottish Football is going to get worse and worse because of stuff like this. If the crowd goes down by about 40% for midweek rearranged fixtures, that's 40% who are out of the habit of routinely going to scottish football games. Who can be bothered with scottish football when it's like this?

Just travelled down from Aberdeen to see my first home game in three months only to find out whilst in a taxi at Broomhill cross thatthe game is off.....it's enough to make you turn to drink! Hmmmmm not a bad idea that!

Whoever said it was playable at 11.00 wants to take a good look at himself.

I'm pissed off with an 80 mile round trip. God only knows how you must feel, AJ.

By the end of this seaon or whenever the last Falkirk game is I'll have set off 9 times to see Jags v Falkirk games. :angry:

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

A couple of us were talking to McCall as he left firhill. He said that the game should have gone ahead. The ref was out for 40 minutes for the 11am inspection. Richmond took a free kick apparently and didnt like the surface.

I heard, as I left the Aitken Suite, that the pitch was no worse than it was against Dunfermline but the corners of the pitch where too soggy. Really annoyed that the pitch was playable at 11am but not at 2pm, there was no change in the weather in the 3 hours in between, wouldn't blame the Club, would blame the stupid situation where we have 2 different refs inspecting the pitch at 2 different times with 2 different opinions on whether the game should go ahead or not :mad2:

On the plus side, I was sitting with half a dozen Falkirk fans (quite nice people actually) and was having a bit of banter with them re the the shambolic call off at their ground. News came thru about our game being off today and I took some good-natured stick. I said my cheerio's and parted with the line "Im away to watch the bounce match McCall will have arranged to prove the pitch is playable"

Just in, having walked all the way to Firhill only to have to turn around and walk all the way back! This is not good enough. We've already had this situation at Falkirk earlier in the year where one official says the pitch is playable and the match official decides otherwise. If it wasn't playable at 2 o'clock, then it wasn't playable at 11 am. Summer football anyone?...

Just in, having walked all the way to Firhill only to have to turn around and walk all the way back! This is not good enough. We've already had this situation at Falkirk earlier in the year where one official says the pitch is playable and the match official decides otherwise. If it wasn't playable at 2 o'clock, then it wasn't playable at 11 am. Summer football anyone?...

yes

• Members

I'm pissed off with an 80 mile round trip. God only knows how you must feel, AJ.

By the end of this seaon or whenever the last Falkirk game is I'll have set off 9 times to see Jags v Falkirk games. :angry:

Ouch!

Wonder what the situation is with those in hospitality? Partial refund after no game or full refund? This could really cost the Club.

I've a lot of sympathy for the Falkirk fans that were making the journey. Chances are most of them wont come back for the re-arranged fixture and who could blame them.

Why though? The same thing happened to us a week before christmas, alot of jags fans made there way there aswell wasting their money also. Alot of jags equally wont go back to Falkirk for that reason.

Sorry but I have no sympathy for any of them, least of all the idiot in the aitken suite who wanted his petrol money back but claimed the same thing happening to us in December had no relevance!! How he worked that out, I have no idea! At the end of the day am glad it happened to them!

I feel sorry for the jags fan who traveled far to get there today esp the ones from Manchester and chester!! Least it gives us a few more days to recover from the bug thats going around!