Game Aff

angry gaz

Quite a lot hacked off about this. Work all week to see us play on a Saturday and for the umpteenth time this season some jobsworth pr*ck calls off my Saturday afternoon. Still, wandered around Byres Rd and saw 5 other Thistle fans looking equally aimless....

Any idea when the game will be played now?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If two category one refs can't agree on whether a match is playable or not what feckin' respect can you have for these eejits? The fact that with little or no rain between inspections it stands to reason the pitch would be more playable by the second inspection only makes it more incomprehensible. I thought these days those refs were supposed to be all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Obviously either Mr Muir or Mr Richmond has made a wrong decision. Will we ever find out who or why? The answer is of course , no. It stands to reason that Richmond must question the judgement of Muir and vice versa. Yet we're told to respect the judgement of referees. So Mr SFA, which of the two refs should we respect?

And while Mr SFA I'm on my high horse, the Cup game that got cancelled under similar circumstances (ie two refs (who again we're supposed to respect) giving opposite decisions, why did you think it was a clever idea to select a match referee from Stonehaven to referee a game between two teams from the Central Belt?

Why though? The same thing happened to us a week before christmas, alot of jags fans made there way there aswell wasting their money also. Alot of jags equally wont go back to Falkirk for that reason.

Sorry but I have no sympathy for any of them, least of all the idiot in the aitken suite who wanted his petrol money back but claimed the same thing happening to us in December had no relevance!! How he worked that out, I have no idea! At the end of the day am glad it happened to them!

I feel sorry for the jags fan who traveled far to get there today esp the ones from Manchester and chester!! Least it gives us a few more days to recover from the bug thats going around!

Do you really want that to happen to any ordinary punter? I can't blame him for his club being dumb enough to have only 90% undersoil heating. Of course him saying that made no sense but I don't blame him for being annoyed. Maybe there were Falkirk fans who also travelled from Manchester and Chester, or wherever. I feel sorry for them too. It's infuriating for us all. Hell, I'd almost even feel sorry for an ugly sisters fan! Almost....

Agreed about the bug. I was thinking the same thing. Hope that's gone by whenever we play again. Tuesday?

Edited by beep0608

Do you really want that to happen to any ordinary punter? I can't blame him for his club being dumb enough to have only 90% undersoil heating. Of course him saying that made no sense but I don't blame him for being annoyed. Maybe there were Falkirk fans who also travelled from Manchester and Chester, or wherever. I feel sorry for them too. It's infuriating for us all. Hell, I'd almost even feel sorry for an ugly sisters fan! Almost....

Agreed about the bug. I was thinking the same thing. Hope that's gone by whenever we play again. Tuesday?

But we can blame him for being dumb enough to expect me to give him his petrol money? Good. I'd happily have given him petrol money, if he'd given me double back for my inconvenience.

I only feel sorry for the Thistle fans, especially the ones (as mentioned before) from Manchester, Chester & Sweden. Every club for themself.

Yes, Tuesday at Crappielow.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

So am guessing you DIDN'T go to the Falkirk game then or at least attempt to? When the weather was terrible and it was a week before Christmas?? Sorry but I feel nothing for them, they deserved it! And to be honest any sympathy I had for any of their fans went the minute that idiot started having a go and telling me it wasn't the same. So yeah I don't care how far any falkirk fan traveled today because quite simply I doubt they gave a toss about us back in December! When I get my £8.90 back that I wasted then I might have some sympathy! And least they get a day out in Glasgow we were stuck in crappy Falkirk!!

Edited by little_miss_jag

But we can blame him for being dumb enough to expect me to give him his petrol money? Good. I'd happily have given him petrol money, if he'd given me double back for my inconvenience.

I only feel sorry for the Thistle fans, especially the ones (as mentioned before) from Manchester, Chester & Sweden. Every club for themself.

Yes, Tuesday at Crappielow.

Ahem, I think you're missing a not insignificant part of Lancashire from that wee list, 1JL.

Absolutely furious about that decision. Because of the cost involved, I only manage about 11 or 12 games a season, and this is another non-event. I felt just as angry finding out from the Strathy that the game had been called off as I did when the USH fiasco happened a couple of years back. This time, though, the club cannot be blamed, only the alleged ref who must've got a wee stiffy or something at being able to scunner so many people in one go. I can't express how much this "oh, I think I've detected a wee globule of moisture on the far side of the pitch near the halfway line, so I better call the game off just in case some poor soul gets one of his socks damp" mentality pisses me off, but I'm sure we were all equally scunnered with this pish yesterday.

I really feel like demanding compo off the SFL, but ah'll no bother as there's more chance of me being the next Tory pope than getting a ha'penny out of these incompetent charlatans.

Ahem, I think you're missing a not insignificant part of Lancashire from that wee list, 1JL.

Absolutely furious about that decision. Because of the cost involved, I only manage about 11 or 12 games a season, and this is another non-event. I felt just as angry finding out from the Strathy that the game had been called off as I did when the USH fiasco happened a couple of years back. This time, though, the club cannot be blamed, only the alleged ref who must've got a wee stiffy or something at being able to scunner so many people in one go. I can't express how much this "oh, I think I've detected a wee globule of moisture on the far side of the pitch near the halfway line, so I better call the game off just in case some poor soul gets one of his socks damp" mentality pisses me off, but I'm sure we were all equally scunnered with this pish yesterday.

I really feel like demanding compo off the SFL, but ah'll no bother as there's more chance of me being the next Tory pope than getting a ha'penny out of these incompetent charlatans.

Aye but come on, Manchester is further than Blackpool! :P

But seriously, I had wondered if you had travelled up when writing my post, I'd hate it to have been me.

If two category one refs can't agree on whether a match is playable or not what feckin' respect can you have for these eejits? The fact that with little or no rain between inspections it stands to reason the pitch would be more playable by the second inspection only makes it more incomprehensible. I thought these days those refs were supposed to be all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Obviously either Mr Muir or Mr Richmond has made a wrong decision. Will we ever find out who or why? The answer is of course , no. It stands to reason that Richmond must question the judgement of Muir and vice versa. Yet we're told to respect the judgement of referees. So Mr SFA, which of the two refs should we respect?

And while Mr SFA I'm on my high horse, the Cup game that got cancelled under similar circumstances (ie two refs (who again we're supposed to respect) giving opposite decisions, why did you think it was a clever idea to select a match referee from Stonehaven to referee a game between two teams from the Central Belt?

Spot on. If it had been a grade 3 numpty who came in at 11am and deemed it fit then a grade 1 official called it off three hours later after rain had continued to fall then fair enough but this wasn't the case and by all accounts the pitch was in a better state than it had been.

Another example of officials in this country being utterly incompetent without ever being held to account.

Edited by Vom Itorium

It’s Sunday evening and I’ve calmed down a bit. But not entirely.

Yesterday my daughter phoned to ask if I was going to the football as she was thinking about coming to visit with my two grandsons. I said, sorry am going to the football maybe you could come next week. Okay dad see you then, she said.

To arrive at Firhill at 2:40 and find that the game is postponed totally pissed me off. I had checked mid-morning to read that a referee had passed the pitch as playable.

Now it has been said a million times and again repeated on this forum if a club requests a pitch inspection it should be the match official who does the pitch inspection. How more simple can that be.

The club issued a statement yesterday which says “Equally no blame should be attached to the SFL or any of the match officials that inspected the park”. Now that is a load o’crap. The f***kwits who run the SFL are to blame. It is them who make the rules which allow some local guy to inspect and pass a pitch playable then have it overturned by the match official three hours later when there has been no change at all in the weather conditions. In fact Ian Maxwell said there had been an improvement in the pitch.

This situation will arise again and again and nothing will change we’ll get the same old platitudes from the SFL and clubs about how lessons will be learned. Aye Right.

But when will we learn. Well maybe I have as I am seriously considering walking away from going to Firhill. Scottish football is indeed dying on its feet and a lot of that is due to the way fans are treated like shit.

So am guessing you DIDN'T go to the Falkirk game then or at least attempt to? When the weather was terrible and it was a week before Christmas?? Sorry but I feel nothing for them, they deserved it! And to be honest any sympathy I had for any of their fans went the minute that idiot started having a go and telling me it wasn't the same. So yeah I don't care how far any falkirk fan traveled today because quite simply I doubt they gave a toss about us back in December! When I get my £8.90 back that I wasted then I might have some sympathy! And least they get a day out in Glasgow we were stuck in crappy Falkirk!!

We may need to disagree on this then. No, I didn't go to Falkirk that day. Anyway, I feel sorry for both sets of fans who get treated like keech. I don't particularly like Falkirk for various reasons, and what he said was idiotic, but we should be targeting our anger at match officials and SFA who allow this to happen time after time, not other fans. In that sense we're on the same side.

Edited by beep0608

When did the club arrange the initial pich inspection? We don`t travel when one has been called but one of our number headed down in the very early hours of Saturday (almost Friday) because at that point there was little suggestion that the game was even in serious doubt. This game is dying on it`s feet. It`s getting to the stage when there`s no point in even travelling between the end of November and the beginning of March.

When did the club arrange the initial pich inspection? We don`t travel when one has been called but one of our number headed down in the very early hours of Saturday (almost Friday) because at that point there was little suggestion that the game was even in serious doubt. This game is dying on it`s feet. It`s getting to the stage when there`s no point in even travelling between the end of November and the beginning of March.

hj, I can't say with any absolute certainty, but I reckon the notice of the inspection was posted on the official site around 10am. If I was to further guess I'd say just after the hour mark.

Further to that I do know that Falkirk didn't notify their fans of the first inspection thru their website and there was no notification on BBC etc either.

I agree with your last point. Next Saturday we're expected to muster at Dingwall. I'm far from certain the best way to travel up there would be by pre booking block rail packages.

We may need to disagree on this then. No, I didn't go to Falkirk that day. Anyway, I feel sorry for both sets of fans who get treated like keech. I don't particularly like Falkirk for various reasons, and what he said was idiotic, but we should be targeting our anger at match officials and SFA who allow this to happen time after time, not other fans. In that sense we're on the same side.

Yeah I will agree to disagree with you. At the end of the day, you weren't standing outside Falkirk stadium with 45 mins to KO being told that the game was of having spent pretty much the last of your cash until payday a week before Christmas! Sorry but as I said IMO I have zero sympathy for them. I do have anger towards the SFA but at the end of the day we play winter football where these things happen, things could change but they wont. Like I have said - glad it was Falkirk and I wont be returning to their stadium in a hurry!

Yeah I will agree to disagree with you. At the end of the day, you weren't standing outside Falkirk stadium with 45 mins to KO being told that the game was of having spent pretty much the last of your cash until payday a week before Christmas! Sorry but as I said IMO I have zero sympathy for them. I do have anger towards the SFA but at the end of the day we play winter football where these things happen, things could change but they wont. Like I have said - glad it was Falkirk and I wont be returning to their stadium in a hurry!

Well I agree with you there. Falkirk FC don't provide complete undersoil heating so don't deserve any sympathy. I'm just confused as to why it's only 90%. When I leave the house I don't leave the door 10% open, which is what they did. Tw*ts.

By ra way, one of the reasons I don't like Falkirk is their treatment of John Lambie, including trying to run him off the road. Maybe that's the same tw*t who wanted his petrol money on Saturday. You never know.

Heard from somebody who saw the Warriors game last night that the pitch is utterly f*cked. Almost no grass, just mud. Suitable only for planting spuds, a disgrace, etc etc.

Having seen the pitch on the day the Falkirk game got called off Id be surprised if this wasn't an exagerated appraisal. It's not looking its best, particularly along the JHS side, but 2/3 to 3/4 of the pitch looked pretty green. That said, the rugger lads may have cut it up badly last night considering how fragile the pitch would have been.