Tonight's Match

Dark Passenger

Dundee back in front.

They're cheats and deserve nothing, but IF Dundee were paying wages that they could afford with players that they had rightfully signed, they would be charting the perfect course to becoming Division One Champions. They always seem capable of getting the winning goal, even coming from behind to do so.

We, on the other hand......

I'm not panicking about us getting relegated. I'm starting to panic every season watching us under McCall is officially rendered boring or over by New Year.

Well, in view of the games coming up we still have something to play for, namely avoiding the relegation play-off spot.

But you're right. The season is basically over, yet again.

shocking away record continues, no wonder a lot of us can't arsed travelling, especially in mid-week. I'd like to know McCall's overall home & away records. The away record must be really poor

I'd hazard a guess at something like one away win in every 20 matches.

Unacceptable. How would he even start to defend it?

I'd hazard a guess at something like one away win in every 20 matches.

Unacceptable. How would he even start to defend it?

I've not seen us win an away game in any competition since we beat Airdrie 5-2 in December 2009. Admittedly I've only been to about 6 away matches in that time.

We're solid enough defensively, which will see us safe most years, but we lack any sort of pace to cut teams open, and to be honest, after the Ross County game on Saturday I doubt I'll drag my lazy arse to many of the remaining games, and if I do, the real motive will be a drinking session with other Thistle fans.

OK for you stat guys a compilation of figures nicked from the Partick Thistle mad site league tables from 2010/2011 (before tonights game) back to 2007/2008. (Honest this did not take all night to make up....). Probably not that much better or worse off compared to previous seasons.

Pos	Team			P		HW	HD	HL	HF	HA		AW	AD	AL	AF	AA		OW	OD	OL	OF	OA		Pts	GD		
5	Partick Thistle 	20		5	3	2	13	6		1	3	6	11	20		6	6	8	24	26		24	-2
6	Partick Thistle 	36		9	3	6	23	15		5	3	10	20	25		14	6	16	43	40		48	3
2	Partick Thistle 	36		9	3	6	20	14		7	4	7	19	24		16	7	13	39	38		55	1
6	Partick Thistle 	36		7	8	3	23	15		4	4	10	17	24		11	12	13	40	39		45	1
---------------	---------------	128		30	17	17	79	50		17	14	33	67	93		47	31	50	146	143		172	3

You know whats funny too? I genuinely think we could challenge for the league if we got a couple of strikers in.

I know its a big if. A huge one because of the finances and McCalls track record at bringing in forwards. For as long as McCall has been the manager its always kinda been a decent striker and someone occupying a jersey for the sake of putting 11 men and 2 strikers on the field, with absolutely no depth on the bench at the position.

You know whats funny too? I genuinely think we could challenge for the league if we got a couple of strikers in.

I know its a big if. A huge one because of the finances and McCalls track record at bringing in forwards. For as long as McCall has been the manager its always kinda been a decent striker and someone occupying a jersey for the sake of putting 11 men and 2 strikers on the field, with absolutely no depth on the bench at the position.

Even before tonight's game our chances of getting into a title race were thinner than, well the paper on your wall. After that defeat we've no chance (and that's being optomistic).

The only thing to do now is regroup, pick up a point or two away, get a couple of home wins in so we can forget about being dragged into a relegation fight, then we can blood the youngsters. By then the likes of MacBeth will be back from Clyde. In fact if we could get a couple of quick wins soon then I'd be all for bringing in the likes of Fraser and Cambell in even sooner.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Even before tonight's game our chances of getting into a title race were thinner than, well the paper on your wall. After that defeat we've no chance (and that's being optomistic).

The only thing to do now is regroup, pick up a point or two away, get a couple of home wins in so we can forget about being dragged into a relegation fight, then we can blood the youngsters. By then the likes of MacBeth will be back from Clyde. In fact if we could get a couple of quick wins soon then I'd be all for bringing in the likes of Fraser and Cambell in even sooner.

Win it this year?

You'd have to be injecting smack to believe that was ever a possibility.

I was talking about next year. Wasn't there tonight, but we need to play Grehan as much as possible to decide whether hes worth keeping or a carthorse. Sid is finished and needs punted, we can't possibly rely on Doolan alone, and the team is crying out for some pace up front.

Defensively and in the midfield we are fine. The teams around us in a years time don't look strong at all either. Of course they will say the same thing about us. The club need to push on, because no one cares for a boring team who don't compete for prizes and it'll hit the club in the pocket.

Edited by MWM