Today's Game

Firhillista

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps McCall waiting until we're well clear of the bottom two before giving the young boys another run out, but I'm not holding my breath. Strange, as recent board mumblings suggest we're looking at squad cut next season. I'd imagine the older guys - Robertson, McNamara - will be among the first out the door with the youngsters playing a more prominent role.

Edited by Dark Passenger

Strange one. Perhaps we're going 4-1-3-2.

-------------------Fox

Paton----Robertson----Kinniburgh----Archibald

----------------McNamara

----Flannigan----Rowson----Hodge

----------Donnelly----Doolan

I would suspect as much tho' it may be hard to distinguish exactly what system we're actually playing. MacCall has played a lopsided set up often enough before (most common one being one wingback and one full back).

Seems rather defensive with Sid, Rowson & McNamara all capable of playing further back and no one really comfortable playing any further forward.

I would suspect as much tho' it may be hard to distinguish exactly what system we're actually playing. MacCall has played a lopsided set up often enough before (most common one being one wingback and one full back).

Seems rather defensive with Sid, Rowson & McNamara all capable of playing further back and no one really comfortable playing any further forward.

3-5-2 with Paton and Hodge as wing-backs.

3-5-2 wi Hodge at left wing back? Sounds strange to me. Flannigan in the middle wi Jaggy Mac n Rowser wi Sid up front wi Dools? McCall knows best I suppose :unsure:

We didn't start Erskine, yet he seems to score all his goals against county? hat exactly is donnelly going to do? Nothing apart from turn an already defensive, arguably 5-1-2-2 formation into a 5-1-2-1-1 formation. Great. How about attacking the teams we think we're better than? Maybe we would have to complain about nver beating the lower down sides if we actually had a go at them!

We didn't start Erskine, yet he seems to score all his goals against county? hat exactly is donnelly going to do? Nothing apart from turn an already defensive, arguably 5-1-2-2 formation into a 5-1-2-1-1 formation. Great. How about attacking the teams we think we're better than? Maybe we would have to complain about nver beating the lower down sides if we actually had a go at them!

I think that McCall is terrified of every team. He's just not an attack-minded manager.