The Old Firm

angry gaz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite enjoyed the game last night... :blush:

McCoist and Lennon are most probably going to be punished for their altercation but I can't see how McCoist's behaviour is any worse than someone like Scott Brown who spends the majority of games trying to antagonise the opposition. True, he is in a position of greater responsibility, and his actions were definitely ill-advised, but is it any worse than some of the other exchanges that occur on football pitches across the country every week?

All this talk about "hoping McCoist and Lennon are proud of themselves when someone gets stabbed" is nonsense. Both clubs may be equally detestable but I don't agree that they have any obligation to uphold some sort of moral stance. People make their own decisions and these are influenced by many factors; blaming a game for someone's actions doesn't wash.

Although it is an infuriating phrase when it is directed at you, it is true; football is a game. If I lost a game of checkers and subsequently went out and killed someone, I doubt people would be queueing up to blame checkers for my actions or portioning some of the blame at the door of my opponent who made a decidedly dodgy move. I'm not ignoring the link between Old Firm games and increased violence but it is a cop-out for a more deep rooted problem in Scotland.

Unfortunately, it seems Scotland has a greater proportion of mindless degenerates, most of whom follow the Old Firm, who think it acceptable to stick a blade in someone to resolve a difference. It's a problem with the country and its whole culture. The Policeman who called for the Old Firm to be banned is simply trying to cover up the fact that Scotland is shitehole, riddled with immoral morons.

Totally agree, good post.

Chicken and egg scenario tho, is it Scottish heritage that has shaped this or is it OF rivalry that has shaped Scottish heritage? Today is a sad day for Scottish football no matter what team you support because it highlights just how fecked up our game, and country, is.

OF = Scotland's cancer but Scotland in general is the smoker, unfortunately all of us have been/will be victims of passive smoking. Bigotry has fuelled both Clubs, it has long tarnished our country and we are all suffering because of it. However, if you are crazy/stupid/sick enough to have a mind to stab someone then you are to blame not a wee row between McCoist and Lennon.

FTOF but Im not sure they are to blame for the many ****wits we have in this country.

Jimbo-Jambo Jeffries throws in his two bob's worth. A buffoon and a clown.

He is tho' correct when he says "it was good telly viewing at times. Maybe not the football, but certainly the passion and all that. That's what they're saying TV wants".

How many folk not that interested in tennis would watch McEnroe just in the strong likelihood they'd see him have one of his tantrums? Same can be said for boxing when TV could show endless re runs of rammies at the end of fight (eg Brian London v Richardson or Mintner v Hagler).

For the foreseeable future, this fixture should be played underground. There must be some old disused coal mine which, with a lick of paint and a bit of elbow grease could be converted into a suitable venue for these two paragons of shame to hold their bi-monthly bigotfest.

The new venue would be exempt from requiring a safety certificate, security and a police presence and those attending would be legally free to act as they pleased including singing their 'party songs' and harming each other with complete impunity. The TV coverage could consist of a few mobile phone cameras and alcohol could be made freely available at knockdown prices subsidised by both 'clubs'.

Deep down, I'm sure this is what both sets of knuckle-draggers really want and I'm sure most of us on here would give it approval provided the maggots who went to these fixtures were detained underground for at least 72 hours after the final whistle and were fed with raw meat thrown down the entrance shaft.

Ok, maybe I've gone too far - perhaps they could be fed offal rather than good meat.

I would sympathise with the likes of Pollok F.C. who have added something positive to the competition but, the SFA should never have allowed junior teams to play in the Scottish cup. The players and management clearly can't take the pressure of being in the media spotlight nor do these clubs have the facilities or infrastructure to control thier rowdy supporters. Best off without them I say.

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

They talk about moving the game, banning it etc, would never work, we know the spl, and sfa are too ******* scared to act so how about this for a start

1 - All games behind closed doors for next 3 seasons

2 - All shops, pubs clubs etc to be banned from selling alcohol for a 5mile radius from the ground, and any breaches result in getting their licenses suspended for 2yrs

They talk about moving the game, banning it etc, would never work, we know the spl, and sfa are too ******* scared to act so how about this for a start

2 - All shops, pubs clubs etc to be banned from selling alcohol for a 5mile radius from the ground, and any breaches result in getting their licenses suspended for 2yrs

I take it you're joking.

I take it you're joking.

Must be because if point 1 was put in force there would be no need for point 2. Although a nationwide ban on alcohol during this time may be needed given the number of numpties who will be 'on it' before DURING and after.

Simple solution, reduce the number of OF games by expanding the league. Give them 2 games, 3 at the most, and tell Sky to like it or lump it. Saddest thing of all is it will never happen.

I agree totally with the comments above. The SFA must take action by docking them points at least. Lennon and McCoist should have long touchline bans too.

Any chance of the ugly sisters joining the EPL or Championship disappeared last night. They might have had a slim chance if Cardiff and/or Swansea are promoted to the EPL this season.

That's one of the problems. If lennons ban had been activated he wouldn't have been in the vicinity of the dugout. Why don't they just do without the dugouts and the hordes of imbeciles who pollute them? Only one trainer should be anywhere near the pitchside.

Jimbo-Jambo Jeffries throws in his two bob's worth. A buffoon and a clown.

He thinks it was good for Scottish football!! Unbelievable,

I see Peter Lawell is sticking his head in the sand and claiming the behaviour of the Celtic players was fine. Rangers definitely were the major culprits and Celtic may only have picked up 3 bookings but it seems highly likely they spent the game winding Diouf up. What Lawell can't deny was the unacceptable behaviour of his coaching staff. If ever there was an obvious candidate for anger management classes it's Lennon. His reaction to McCoist at the final whistle was ridiculous whatever the provocation. He needs to calm down if only for the sake of his own health. If he can't then Celtic need to remove him from the job.

As for Rangers, Walter Smith did Scottish football a serious disservice when he brought in Diouf. I've never seen such an odious character on the football pitch. Smith claimed when he signed that he should get a second chance. Thing is that he's on about his 6th second chance. He's misbehaved on the pitch wherever he's been and sticking him into an OF game was always going to be a recipe for disaster.

Was listening to the Kaye Adams show this morning on bbc radio scotland today and it was all about the Old firm violence, think one of the top cop was on saying (Les Gray i think) that everytime there is Violence on the park the streets Become more violent after the old firm game, lets not forget the huge increase in domestic violence too.

I heard that the rangers fans when in lisbon they were singing about Tommy burns dieing, i though it couldnt get any worse so had a we look though youtube to see it could see it but on there came across another video it was Celtic fans on a supporters bus singing about the Ibrox disaster and Davie Cooper dieing

These's People really are sick

Scotlands Shame

I've seen the Tommy Burns video too and it truly is horrible. It almost defies description. :(

Same old, same old the reports could have applied to any OP game in history. It is noticeable that no mention whatever is made of the continuous sectarian bile that waffed off the crowd, and it has to be said that as usual the h*ns support were by far the worst offenders, although the Celtic mob are hardly innocents.

I would Celtic are slightly the better of the two in terms of songs that actually relate to football. Rangers are slightly the better of the two when it comes to waving flags that represent the country that they are actually from.

There's not a single post in this thread I don't agree with.

Neil Lennon and McCoist are an absolute embarassment to Scottish Football. I dread to think how much worse these incidents are going to be when McCoist is in charge next season. At least Walter Smith can act with dignity and refuses to be dragged down to the level of loathsome Lennon.

What really depresses me though, is the people in my work who I've always found to be decent, refusing to admit that the Old Firm are Scotland's shame. You have the Celtic fans defending Lennon by dismissing his thuggish behavior as "passion" and the Rangers fans insist that you cannot blame their staff for reacting to the behavior of Lennon. There really is no reasoning with these people. I will console myself with the fact I have more knowledge of football than the entire Old Firm contingent in my office combined.

On another note, Neil Lennon has over taken the likes of Stillian Petrov, Nacho Novo, Kevin Muscat and Kris Boyd and is now my most hated Old Firm figure in recent years. He's a disgusting man with no respect for anyone outside of his club and he behaves disgracefully in the dug out every other week. His persistant bullying of the referees is starting to pay off now as well which makes him even more sickening. No stranger to playing the "racism card" either.

**** the Old Firm. Two cheeks of the same ugly arse.

Lennon also seems to be crafting Scott Brown in to the new 'him'; all sneering wee nyaff-ery, with that loathsome smirk spread across his coupon as he winds-up his opponent.

Unfortunately, it seems Scotland has a greater proportion of mindless degenerates, most of whom follow the Old Firm, who think it acceptable to stick a blade in someone to resolve a difference. It's a problem with the country and its whole culture. The Policeman who called for the Old Firm to be banned is simply trying to cover up the fact that Scotland is shitehole, riddled with immoral morons.

Plenty of other countries have ********* too mate, this isn't something that is unique to Scotland; and if our country was such a shitehole people wouldn't want to come and stay here.

Having said that though, most other countries don't have an institution like the OF acting as catalyst for mindless bigotry and general thuggish behaviour. It is almost like someone coming along and rattling a cage full of neanderthals every couple of months.

Totally agree, good post.

Chicken and egg scenario tho, is it Scottish heritage that has shaped this or is it OF rivalry that has shaped Scottish heritage? Today is a sad day for Scottish football no matter what team you support because it highlights just how fecked up our game, and country, is.

OF = Scotland's cancer but Scotland in general is the smoker, unfortunately all of us have been/will be victims of passive smoking. Bigotry has fuelled both Clubs, it has long tarnished our country and we are all suffering because of it. However, if you are crazy/stupid/sick enough to have a mind to stab someone then you are to blame not a wee row between McCoist and Lennon.

FTOF but Im not sure they are to blame for the many ****wits we have in this country.

How 'Scottish' either club feels is debatable in itself and leads us to something deeper. Both sets of fans have a tendency to fly flags and sing songs that refer to two other cultures altogether. The fact that it has been allowed to thrive for so long smacks of 'divide and rule' tactics to me and like you say, everybody suffers from it, to varying degrees.

Who's yer big team pal?

Ye forgot their favourite question....'whit skool did ye goes tae'

ffs just ask are you a proddie or kafflik, i replied that to a H*n on a scumbernauld train few weeks ago, told them i was a muslim and i went to kandahar primary school

Must be because if point 1 was put in force there would be no need for point 2. Although a nationwide ban on alcohol during this time may be needed given the number of numpties who will be 'on it' before DURING and after.

Simple solution, reduce the number of OF games by expanding the league. Give them 2 games, 3 at the most, and tell Sky to like it or lump it. Saddest thing of all is it will never happen.

Thelyy go to houses and pubs to drink around the grounds then will still kick off afterwards

I can confidently predict that after much wailing and gnashing of teeth absolutely nothing serious will come of this fiasco.It involves entrenched interests and seriously challenging what is considered to acceptable behaviour and attitudes in this part of Scotland. Oh and of course there's the little matter of the few quid that seems to trail along forlornly after these two clubs. If that's not bad enough we have to endure the spectacle of the Scottish media who are in reality the cheerleaders of sectarianism, wringing their hands in mock moral outrage, to wit Chick Dung and friends. I see that smug git Bain is on about how Rangers players are just victims, pretty well off victims if you ask me. Whilst from Gorgie we have had an input with all the intellectual energy one would expect from an individual of such prominence in our beautiful game. Christ almighty what planet are these people on, someone should tell them it is the 21st century, mind they probably wouldn't believe you. Anyway, how many times have we been here before, sorry I've only got two sets of hands.

They talk about moving the game, banning it etc, would never work, we know the spl, and sfa are too ******* scared to act so how about this for a start1 - All games behind closed doors for next 3 seasons2 - All shops, pubs clubs etc to be banned from selling alcohol for a 5mile radius from the ground, and any breaches result in getting their licenses suspended for 2yrs

I was thinking a similar thing - all games behind closed doors next season, and not televised or live on radio. They can find out what happened the next day in the papers. If they learn to read before then.

I was thinking a similar thing - all games behind closed doors next season, and not televised or live on radio. They can find out what happened the next day in the papers. If they learn to read before then.

Theeee caaaaaaat saaaaaatt ooooaaaaannnnn raaaaa maaaaaattttt

maw wheres mah crayon

aw shutit neil

I can confidently predict that after much wailing and gnashing of teeth absolutely nothing serious will come of this fiasco.It involves entrenched interests and seriously challenging what is considered to acceptable behaviour and attitudes in this part of Scotland. Oh and of course there's the little matter of the few quid that seems to trail along forlornly after these two clubs. If that's not bad enough we have to endure the spectacle of the Scottish media who are in reality the cheerleaders of sectarianism, wringing their hands in mock moral outrage, to wit Chick Dung and friends. I see that smug git Bain is on about how Rangers players are just victims, pretty well off victims if you ask me. Whilst from Gorgie we have had an input with all the intellectual energy one would expect from an individual of such prominence in our beautiful game. Christ almighty what planet are these people on, someone should tell them it is the 21st century, mind they probably wouldn't believe you. Anyway, how many times have we been here before, sorry I've only got two sets of hands.

Good post. And, regarding the bit in bold, HTF did that wee maggot Lennon manage to get his original 6 game touchline ban reduced to 4 on appeal? This wee cnut acts with complete impunity at all times, obviously playing up to the Shellick-minded typecast that got him the job in the first place. Watching the way he was going radio all night long on Wednesday, at the drop of a hat, showed that he clearly doesn't give a flying one what the authorities think of him; was this him being on his best Sunday behaviour to demonstrate to the appeal panel that he'd mended his ways? Of course not, he knows fine well that the OF are well above the law.

I really think that all this alpha-tim crap he displays at all times from the dugout is pitched at the lowest common denominator: the most intellectually challenged knuckle-dragging section of their support.

Just as an aside, I assume that the declared attendances for these games takes into account that only half those present are there to watch the match and the other half are carers to the first half.

I really think that all this alpha-tim crap he displays at all times from the dugout is pitched at the lowest common denominator: the most intellectually challenged knuckle-dragging section of their support.

I take it that's a reference to John Reid B)

More seriously, I do think Reid adds to the issue as well. I think he's cut from the same cloth and cant' distinguish between acceptable behaviour for the 21st century and neandarthal tribal behaviour.

I take it that's a reference to John Reid B)

More seriously, I do think Reid adds to the issue as well. I think he's cut from the same cloth and cant' distinguish between acceptable behaviour for the 21st century and neandarthal tribal behaviour.

Agreed 100%. (Dr?) John Reid is, in my opinion, a truly vile individual.