Released From Perth

Richard Hastings has been a quality player for years but is he done?

Irvine seems to have lost is way quite a bit over the last few seasons, was he not being touted for moves down south not that long ago?

There's gonna be a lot of decent players freed this summer, but the problem we're gonna have is having the money in the budget to sign them.

There's gonna be a lot of decent players freed this summer, but the problem we're gonna have is having the money in the budget to sign them.

It's the same across the board. Queen of the South and Dunfermline have already announced squad/budget cuts, as have Falkirk. And that's only in our league. Killie, St. Mirren and even Scottish Cup finalists Dundee United all face restrictions to their playing budgets.

Release players will find they'll have to temper their demands to suit the environment. That's why I found it laughable that it was suggested Eddie Malone, an unemployed player, would be out of our range.

It's the same across the board. Queen of the South and Dunfermline have already announced squad/budget cuts, as have Falkirk. And that's only in our league. Killie, St. Mirren and even Scottish Cup finalists Dundee United all face restrictions to their playing budgets.

Release players will find they'll have to temper their demands to suit the environment. That's why I found it laughable that it was suggested Eddie Malone, an unemployed player, would be out of our range.

Maybe we should stop paying one Eddie and gain another.

agree with that.

I don't believe any chairman, manager or agent will be able to prejudge the market this summer. More than ever players will be Dutch auctioned right up to Aug 31st. But with so many technically unemployed some may not fancy the brinkmanship and opt for a lesser but secure deal earlier. Many will of course just go to the highest bidder as usual but others will be looking geographically as well. At our level a lot of players will not want to move home, kids schooling etc just for an extra £100-£200 per week. Ironically one of the best strikers in the division next season could well be a part timer from Brechin on the lowest wage level in our league.

Think what I'm trying to say is that although the size of playing budgets is important it's far from an exact science. Don't know whether our geographical situation in the centre of Scotland's largest conurbation offers a net loss or gain but I'm willing to guess it holds a significant influence on a lot of potential signings.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Alan Lithgow's rejected a new contract with Clyde and Darren McCormack's been released by Hibs. I know both of them have been into a bit of trouble off the pitch, but I'd take the two of them.

I wouldn't want to see that dirty pervert/sex offender sign for us, ever.

Edited by northernsoul

Seems as though we may well be seeing the Flying Doctor at Firhill next season after all. Know someone very close to him and when I asked when he was signing he seemed quite shocked that I even had an idea that this might be on the cards.

Still can't see how the part-time thing will fit in, but sure that Deuchar can make training a few mornings a week and fit it around his hospital duties.

I wouldn't want to see that dirty pervert/sex offender sign for us, ever.

Why not? He's quick and good in the air, which is what we're crying out for, I doubt his wages would be high either. And, if he's flashing his stuff to people, he's obviously got a good tackle on him.

One player released by Falkirk that I would love to see in a Thistle shirt is Pele. Just imagine the number of shirts that Greaves would sell with Pele on the back :D

Seriously, he was a decent defender or midfielder when he played Championship level down south. Don't know what he was like with the Bairns, or what his wage demands would be.

Alan Lithgow's rejected a new contract with Clyde and Darren McCormack's been released by Hibs. I know both of them have been into a bit of trouble off the pitch, but I'd take the two of them.

Seems as though we may well be seeing the Flying Doctor at Firhill next season after all. Know someone very close to him and when I asked when he was signing he seemed quite shocked that I even had an idea that this might be on the cards.

Still can't see how the part-time thing will fit in, but sure that Deuchar can make training a few mornings a week and fit it around his hospital duties.

I think those would be 3 good signings but doubt they are the 3 players MacCall expects to get, except maybe Deuchar. Can Lithgow play right mid tho?

Then no thanks, McCormack is also a CB is he not? We NEED a left full-back, a goalkeeper, a right mid and a striker. The figures dont add up tho if McCall is saying we are only getting three players in, we need 4 at least.

I'd go with (if available, in price range and prepared to come to us):

B.Halliwell

B.Douglas

A.McParland

K.Deuchar

If Jaggy recovers from injury and decides to sign for us then I think he will be a good addition at this level too. If we got these players in then things wouldn't look too bad...but I doubt we'd get all 4 :(

Then no thanks, McCormack is also a CB is he not? We NEED a left full-back, a goalkeeper, a right mid and a striker. The figures dont add up tho if McCall is saying we are only getting three players in, we need 4 at least.

I'd go with (if available, in price range and prepared to come to us):

B.Halliwell

B.Douglas

A.McParland

K.Deuchar

If Jaggy recovers from injury and decides to sign for us then I think he will be a good addition at this level too. If we got these players in then things wouldn't look too bad...but I doubt we'd get all 4 :(

I'd go along with that list although I still have my doubts about Halliwell's ability to play well on a regular basis.

I'd go along with that list although I still have my doubts about Halliwell's ability to play well on a regular basis.

So do I but it will be the same no matter what goalie we have next year I think, unless something is tied up wi Tuffey leaving, like some sort of loan option!