Pay At The The Gate Prices Increase

northernsoul

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should a twenty year old working at asda get in cheaper than a 21 year old working at asda earning the same...

How about one price for all of 12 quid and no reductions

Same can be said for other options too. Why should a millionaire pensiore get a bus pass, why should a well off pensioner get in for £11?

That's life, a line has to be drawn somewhere. We've decided that it's 21, which is better than most clubs.

Why should a twenty year old working at asda get in cheaper than a 21 year old working at asda earning the same...

How about one price for all of 12 quid and no reductions

Twelve quid's a bit bourgeois. How about a tenner? That'll get the punters flooding back. ;)

Lets be honest, Scottish Football is shite. Rank Rotten. Fans are paying over the odds money to watch football in soul less grounds marshalled by nazi stewards and funding the over-inflated wages of some incredibly mediocre 'athletes'.

This is all true. In comparison with football elsewhere in the world we are definitely over-priced for sub-standard product. And the experience is often poor - we're treated as latent potential trouble makers to be 'managed' rather than people contributing something that matters to the local communities (if we don't support local clubs, Scottish football WILL die).

But this is not the fault of our club, though. And in this respect I believe that their hands are tied and they've taken a fairly balanced approach to pricing.

What would a fair price be in comparison with other forms of entertainment, or a similar level in other countries? Maybe £5? Could the club survive on that? Yes, if we were in a much smaller stadium, not in Glasgow (where Thistle may be in the same position as us in finding that business rates have just gone up 50%), and playing Junior/ amateur football.

If we don't support the club, or the whole of Scottish football, then it is finished. And we can sit and watch franchise football on Sky HD in our isolated houses with no Scottish players involved. I don't know about others, but I've found myself tiring of the constant 'glamour' matches on TV and yearn for something more personal and meaningful. I know that after the world cup I'll be impatient for the new season to start, in hope and fear, and will be back watching Thistle as much as I can. Is £17 value for money? Perhaps not in comparison to Arsenal, Sky HD or 3D cinema. But it does represent reasonable value in the market we're in, and helps contribute to a better (non-Thistle-free) world...

Cowdenbeath - Adults £15 OAP/Concessions £8

Dundee - Adults £19, Concessions (60+, under 16s, disabled fans and students) £10

Falkirk - Adults £15, Concessions (OAP/Student?) £10, Under 16 £7 and Primary £5

Partick Thistle - Adults £17, Concessions (OAP, 16-21 and Student) £11 and Under 16s free.

Raith Rovers - Adults £16, Concessions (under 18s and OAPS) £8 and Students £12

Still got Queens, Dunfermline, Ross County, Stirling and Morton to announce their prices..

Cowdenbeath - Adults £15 OAP/Concessions £8

Dundee - Adults £19, Concessions (60+, under 16s, disabled fans and students) £10

Falkirk - Adults £15, Concessions (OAP/Student?) £10, Under 16 £7 and Primary £5

Partick Thistle - Adults £17, Concessions (OAP, 16-21 and Student) £11 and Under 16s free.

Raith Rovers - Adults £16, Concessions (under 18s and OAPS) £8 and Students £12

Still got Queens, Dunfermline, Ross County, Stirling and Morton to announce their prices..

When you see it like that there's really much of a likeness, not huge variation. Most glaring differential is between Falkirk and Dundee two similar stands & amenities yet one is 27% dearer. I'd imagine Pars, Queens & Binos will be somewhere in between above two. As already posted Morton are the worst rip off merchants for an away fan and Ross Co will no doubt be cheaper than others but they won't have the same overheads.

Having been in Central Pk recently I imagine there'll be a few raised eyebrows about paying £15 but there's at least mitigating reasons given Cowden's dire circumstances.

When you see it like that there's really much of a likeness, not huge variation. Most glaring differential is between Falkirk and Dundee two similar stands & amenities yet one is 27% dearer. I'd imagine Pars, Queens & Binos will be somewhere in between above two. As already posted Morton are the worst rip off merchants for an away fan and Ross Co will no doubt be cheaper than others but they won't have the same overheads.

Having been in Central Pk recently I imagine there'll be a few raised eyebrows about paying £15 but there's at least mitigating reasons given Cowden's dire circumstances.

Falkirk no doubt doing their utmost to avoid a mass exodus after the high heights of the SPL.

Also they'll have the parachute payment to justify / subsidise the £15 and seem to have done some homework re. the other teams in the league, and that a fair number of derbies / "grudge" matches will be coming their way as well!