Mcgowan Back To Hearts

honved

Shame, as he definitely strengthened our midfield, especially from an attacking perspective.

Time for one of the youngsters to show that they can cut it?

I think McCall wants us to end up in the top 4 if possible, so don't think he'll start too many youngsters in the next few games - for instance this weekend, where beating QoS is essential to us ending in the top half of the table.

I may be wrong - and I think someone like Campbell's got the strength to be risked as a starter - but I feel we'll still see the youngsters coming off the bench late in 2nd half Saturday. After that, provided we get a good result, I think he'll start bringing in the young players a bit more.

There are no easy games coming up however, so I don't think we'll see a bunch of youngsters starting at once. He'll maybe start one player and bring on others later in the game but he won't risk starting more than one I think - barring injuries - unless we win the next 2-3 games.

There isn't any reason to worry about bringing in the youngsters as they are all capable of playing in what I think are 'safe' areas of the team. None of the ones likely to start plays centre half or centre midfield or would be expected just yet to replace Doolan.

Campbell for instance can play wide midfield/wing (as can McGeogh) and so can MacBeth - although both Macbeth and Campbell can play centre midfield very well.

{Edit: I know I've contradicted myself here but I meant that because they're capable of playing wide we don't have to risk them in the more vital central area, though they are capable of playing there}

One thing that might happen is Bannigan could be called back since it could be claimed we have an emrgency and are short in midfield. That's one player I think McCall would play in centre midfield with no worries about how he'd handle it. We'll see ..

Edited by Mr Bunny

I'd probably wait until it's officially confirmed by either club instead of believing the Glasweigan; after all, they did say Erskine had stalled on a new contract and, on the same afternoon, he re-signed.

Don't really see the benefit of McGowan returning to Hearts at this moment, from a playing perspective. He's playing well for us and getting a decent run of games. As much as I think he's a good player, I still think he's a little bit away from the Hearts first team so surely, from a purely playing point of view, he'd be better staying with us. I'm pretty sure the problem with the wages could be overcome with a wee bit of discussion between the managers.

If a deal can be done, I'd like to see him stay until the end of the season.

If a deal can be done, I'd like to see him stay until the end of the season.

On balance I agree tho' I usually dislike the idea of loan players brought in for the second half of a season. In this case I feel McGowan offers us something different and other players respond well to his style of play. With Hodge and Cairney out I don't think if McGowan stayed he'd necessarily curtail MacBeth & Campbell getting a game. Even if McCall started either or both of our two youngsters, McGowan would be a handy guy to come off the bench.

Still if it's not to be it's no great upset. Final league position to me is way secondary to us blooding our youngsters and getting a head start on others by playing as much of next season's squad as possible.

On balance I agree tho' I usually dislike the idea of loan players brought in for the second half of a season. In this case I feel McGowan offers us something different and other players respond well to his style of play. With Hodge and Cairney out I don't think if McGowan stayed he'd necessarily curtail MacBeth & Campbell getting a game. Even if McCall started either or both of our two youngsters, McGowan would be a handy guy to come off the bench.

Still if it's not to be it's no great upset. Final league position to me is way secondary to us blooding our youngsters and getting a head start on others by playing as much of next season's squad as possible.

:thumbsup2:

is there much difference in the money you get for forth?

Final league position to me is way secondary to us blooding our youngsters and getting a head start on others by playing as much of next season's squad as possible.

I think it's more to do with trying to get better seedings for next years cups. Better to have a chance of an "easier" tie in the league cup second round with the prospect of "bigger" clubs in the third to generate more £££.

Unfortunately, I can see McCall sticking with the senior players. McNamara will be preferred to Campbell or McBeth. My team prediction for Saturday is

Fox

Robertson

Paton

Balatoni

Archibald

McNamara

Flannigan

Rowson

Erskine

Doolan

Grehan

Unfortunately, I can see McCall sticking with the senior players. McNamara will be preferred to Campbell or McBeth. My team prediction for Saturday is

Fox

Robertson

Paton

Balatoni

Archibald

McNamara

Flannigan

Rowson

Erskine

Doolan

Grehan

Paton's out for the season but Kinniburgh will no doubt play and keep you prediction correct. Also you seem to have dropped Boyle...??