Player Of The Year

RodMcDonaldJag

It was mentioned in the programme that it would be the night of the Raith Rovers game and you could get tickets from members of the JT board but doesn't tell you where to find these people to get the tickets.

The JT don't half make it difficult. No mention on their website either and with less than a month to go I've not heard anything about how to vote for POTY either.

It was mentioned in the programme that it would be the night of the Raith Rovers game and you could get tickets from members of the JT board but doesn't tell you where to find these people to get the tickets.

The JT don't half make it difficult. No mention on their website either and with less than a month to go I've not heard anything about how to vote for POTY either.

Does this really surprise you? They'll probably end up holding it for trust members only and want a DNA test to be taken at the main door to prove you are who you say you are !!

Player of the year 2011 - you would hardly know it is happening if you go by the jags trust site. Theres a brief mention of happening sometime in "April/May".

http://www.jagstrust.co.uk/events/

You would think they would be promoting it and getting as many fans as long as possible but obv not. I doubt I will waste another tenner this year to be a member!!

Altho I better remember to buy a ticket this year for poty as we nearly never got in last year despite the few empty tables lol!! :)

It wouldn't be that hard to overlook him. Fox, Boyle, Rowson and possibly even Paton could be in with a shout.

I think the only real competition would be Fox. Boyle has improved tremendously, but that doesn't make him a stand-out (for me). He's often ponderous on the wing when we're on the attack; if you get one overlap per game it's a bonus. Same for Paton, although he's a better defender and crosser. Rowser runs around and can be inspirational at times, but any midfielder should be scoring more than he has done.

I think the only real competition would be Fox. Boyle has improved tremendously, but that doesn't make him a stand-out (for me). He's often ponderous on the wing when we're on the attack; if you get one overlap per game it's a bonus. Same for Paton, although he's a better defender and crosser. Rowser runs around and can be inspirational at times, but any midfielder should be scoring more than he has done.

I think you're being harsh on Boyle, there's plenty on here who have said he'd be their player of the year over the past few months and the only thing I can see changing that is some might decide to vote for someone who is staying at the club next season. He puts in an incredible amount of work up the wing and whether he overlaps or not he's still always there providing an option for whoever is playing at left midfield. Throw in him being our 3rd top scorer from left back and him being consistently good despite playing more games than any other player and he has a very good chance of winning it. Rowson doesn't really need to score to do his job effectively, there's plenty of defensive minded midfielders who very rarely score but it doesn't make them any better or worse. For me he's one of the best midfielders in the division and his fitness levels in such a position defy his age. Paton won't win it as he's still got too many doubters but he's one of the best right backs in the division and he's the fittest player in the squad and has been very good defensively. He even used his left foot a couple of times this year.

Doolan might be one of the top scorers in the division but that's more down to there not being many great goalscorers this season than anything else. 14 is the best with 3 or 4 games to go. Rooney had 21 last season, Dobbie 24 the season before that so I don't think any strikers have been up to much in comparison with previous years.

I think you're being harsh on Boyle, there's plenty on here who have said he'd be their player of the year over the past few months and the only thing I can see changing that is some might decide to vote for someone who is staying at the club next season. He puts in an incredible amount of work up the wing and whether he overlaps or not he's still always there providing an option for whoever is playing at left midfield. Throw in him being our 3rd top scorer from left back and him being consistently good despite playing more games than any other player and he has a very good chance of winning it. Rowson doesn't really need to score to do his job effectively, there's plenty of defensive minded midfielders who very rarely score but it doesn't make them any better or worse. For me he's one of the best midfielders in the division and his fitness levels in such a position defy his age. Paton won't win it as he's still got too many doubters but he's one of the best right backs in the division and he's the fittest player in the squad and has been very good defensively. He even used his left foot a couple of times this year.

Doolan might be one of the top scorers in the division but that's more down to there not being many great goalscorers this season than anything else. 14 is the best with 3 or 4 games to go. Rooney had 21 last season, Dobbie 24 the season before that so I don't think any strikers have been up to much in comparison with previous years.

Hands up; all of that seems reasonable to me.

Heck, I cannae even find a wayward apostrophe to criticise!

.....There are plenty.....?

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that the POTY dance will take place on the 7th May kicking off at 7:30 pm till 1 am with entry by ticket only.

Tickets are available from Morag if you're going to Dundee, at the Raith game next week - from the kiosk. Or you can email myself at [email protected]

Tickets priced at a fiver, same as last year.

Will the players be in attendance or has a sponsors' doo been organised for the same time, as in previous years?

Yes, they players will be there - otherwise it wouldn't be much of a presentation! I imagine it'll be much the same as last year where the players will hang around for a bit before going on their own night out down Ashton Lane/wherever and usually a couple will stay on, Cairney. ;)

What details do you need when voting for POTY via email?

Just your name and the name of the player you want to vote for.