Say Rangers Go Bust?

phoenix1876

Just a wee quick thought that came to my head

say for example rangers went bust (i know it probably wont happen)

where would the fans go.

This has got me worried?

They wouldnt ... would they ....... come to firhill ?!

Linfield,airdrie dundee maybe falkirk quite a few H*n associated teams around one chorus of hello hello how do you do would sort them out about where we stand.

"RANGERS GO BUST!"

There, said it!

Most of their fans would desert football entirely, as I suspect most of ours would (me, for one). A small number might look around for another team to follow follow, but the rabid orangemen/sweet chariots/god save the queen morons wouldn't be amongst them.

where would the fans go.

This has got me worried?

Maybe a trickle of the better behaved.

:whistling:

where would the fans go.

This has got me worried?

Manchester :party::fan::police:

where would the fans go.

This has got me worried?

Maybe they would break the habit of generations and actually go and watch their local sides play, both in Scotland and in Northern Ireland.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if a few of them turned up at Firhill - provided that they leave their bigoted pish at home. Let's face it, we could do with a few more people turning up to watch. However, I cannot honestly see them going bust.

Maybe they would break the habit of generations and actually go and watch their local sides play, both in Scotland and in Northern Ireland.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if a few of them turned up at Firhill - provided that they leave their bigoted pish at home. Let's face it, we could do with a few more people turning up to watch. However, I cannot honestly see them going bust.

yea dude, i agree with what your saying.

i know me neither, just in the case that they did go bust

The thistle fans wouldn't stand for any of their presbyterian insolence if they came to firhill. I know i'd make a stand against it. They would have to toe the party line or go to airdrie, hundee, falkirk, royal albert larkhall thistle etc. They'd get driven out. i do know gers fans who say they'd support us if this happened. I'd be happy of the increased gates, but i wouldn't sell my soul for them. I think they would probably follow airdrie and group together, buy over a smaller team and change their name to something like fc rangers of glasgow/ulster or Boyne Red Hands or something

:lol:

Wee bit off topic here but saves starting yet another old firm thread.

Heard from a friend in the force today that the powers that be are going all out to arrest as many 'offenders' as they can this sunday, appart from undercovers infiltrating the crowd, normal officers are being instructed to arrest anyone and everyone who even utters one single word of offensive sectarian bile nevermind singing a song, seemingly the top man is hell bent on clamping down on the OF and he's jumping on the chance to hit them hard this weekend while it's such a talking point at the moment.

Add to that the rumour I heard that Rangers fans were singing something at the weekend there, along the lines of, we're Rangers and we'll sing what we want, and it could be an interesting day in the stands.

Currant buns would be far too narrow minded to follow Thistle with Jackie and Sid at the helm

I'm not sure about Sid - he lives in Carmunnock - I nipped into the wee shop there on Sunday and there was a young lad in a Rangers top in the queue ahead of me with 'J. Donnelly' on the back of it - perhaps Sid's son is a h un :P .

Edited by Charlie Endell

Add to that the rumour I heard that Rangers fans were singing something at the weekend there, along the lines of, we're Rangers and we'll sing what we want, and it could be an interesting day in the stands.

Yup one of the wee scroats in my work gave me a rendition of it...to the same tune as the Marc Corcoran song we sang last season.

Hope the other rumour you heard was true, but is there enough cells in Glasgow Scotland to accommodate them?

Mice thought but extremely unlikely: I remember when the H*n's were really rank rotten in the eighties and a sizeable amount of them went to support Heart's, since they were not bad at the time. Success or lack of it as always the determinant factor in your average H*n's worldview. However come Souness, they all returned to their red, white and blue prams. I know there are quite a few who profess to have a soft spot for the Jags, but I think that's just a touch of self delusional affectation to make themselves feel comfortable with being a bigot or at least supporting a bigoted team. BTW the last description covers my own father , much to my great chagrin. :thumbdown:

Edited by stillresigned