Team For Tomorrow

lennythistle

Given the length of injuries and rowser suspension, we are going to be very thin on the ground tomorrow.

Having read Jackie's comments about the game it would seem we will be playing a few of the youngsters tomorrow. Campbell will surely keep his place and i'd expect to see mcgeogh, possibly in midfield.

Big big ask to get win tomorrow. Warriors playing tonight at firhill so can only imagine just how bad the park will be come KO tomorrow.

I hope for the best but I fear the worst.

We still have some experienced players ... the problem is we're really short in midfield so what's the best way round this? Only thing I can think of is to pack the midfield.

Fox

Balatoni Kinniburgh Archibald

McGeogh Cairney Campbell Erskine Boyle

Doolan Grehan

Subs: Scully, McGrotty, Fraser, Stewart, and can we play Lochhead even though he's being let go? If not, who else?

One possible variation - given that Stewart plaed for a bit in midfield his first game with us maybe he could replace McGeogh or Campbell. Don't know if we could risk it but as he's more experienced, with him in midfield, maybe 4-4-2?

Fox

McGeogh/Balatoni Kinniburgh Archibald Boyle

Campbell Cairney Stewart Erskine

Doolan Grehan

Subs: Scully, McGrotty, Fraser, McGeogh/Balatoni, ?????

By the way if you're wondering why I'm stuck in my burrow on a smashing day like this, I'm down with the myxomatosis at the moment. Hope I recover in time for tomorrow's game.

Edited by Mr Bunny

We still have some experienced players ... the problem is we're really short in midfield so what's the best way round this? Only thing I can think of is to pack the midfield.

Fox

Balatoni Kinniburgh Archibald

McGeogh Cairney Campbell Erskine Boyle

Doolan Grehan

Subs: Scully, McGrotty, Fraser, Stewart, and can we play Lochhead even though he's being let go? If not, who else?

One possible variation - given that Stewart plaed for a bit in midfield his first game with us maybe he could replace McGeogh or Campbell. Don't know if we could risk it but as he's more experienced, with him in midfield, maybe 4-4-2?

Fox

McGeogh/Balatoni Kinniburgh Archibald Boyle

Campbell Cairney Stewart Erskine

Doolan Grehan

Subs: Scully, McGrotty, Fraser, McGeogh/Balatoni, ?????

By the way if you're wondering why I'm stuck in my burrow on a smashing day like this, I'm down with the myxomatosis at the moment. Hope I recover in time for tomorrow's game.

Err, don't know the best way to put this, Mr. B, but it's usually fatal.

And if you're lucky enough to survive, the blindness is usually permanent.

But try and make it along anyway!

:D

Edited by Jaggernaut

Err, don't know the best way to put this, Mr. B, but it's usually fatal.

And if you're lucky enough to survive, the blindness is usually permanent.

But try and make it along anyway!

:D

I am sure I will be haunting the ground again some time. If I survive at least I can always imagine a better game than is actually taking place.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Looks like my second guess was almost correct as tody's team is:

1.Scott Fox

2.Willie Kinniburgh 5.Conrad Balatoni 6.Alan Archibald 3.Paddy Boyle

4.Jamie Campbell 7.Paul Cairney 8.Tommy Stewart 10.Chris Erskine

9.Kris Doolan 11.Martin Grehan

Although I've no idea whether we're playing 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 or what.

Posting from underground as a ghost bunny as the myxamatosis got the better of me. :(

Edited by Mr Bunny

Looks like my second guess was almost correct as tody's team is:

1.Scott Fox

2.Willie Kinniburgh 5.Conrad Balatoni 6.Alan Archibald 3.Paddy Boyle

4.Jamie Campbell 7.Paul Cairney 8.Tommy Stewart 10.Chris Erskine

9.Kris Doolan 11.Martin Grehan

Although I've no idea whether we're playing 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 or what.

Posting from underground as a ghost bunny as the myxamatosis got the better of me. :(

Surprised that Stewart, a trialist striker, is preferred in midfield to McGeough. McCall seemed to think that McGeough had a future as a right-sided midfielder. His contract is up in May so it is possible that Jackie will let him go.

Surprised that Stewart, a trialist striker, is preferred in midfield to McGeough. McCall seemed to think that McGeough had a future as a right-sided midfielder. His contract is up in May so it is possible that Jackie will let him go.

I said I'd no idea of the formation so that was just a guess. OS live texts suggest we're playing 4-3-3 so maybe Stewart IS playing up front.

As for not playing McGeogh, I'd guess with Rowson missing from midfield he doesn't want to weaken the team further by playing an untried youngster from the start. There's a balance between giving youngsters a chance and not losing badly. Besides, as we must have a bench of nothing but youngsters at least a couple of them are bound to come on during the game.

I said I'd no idea of the formation so that was just a guess. OS live texts suggest we're playing 4-3-3 so maybe Stewart IS playing up front.

As for not playing McGeogh, I'd guess with Rowson missing from midfield he doesn't want to weaken the team further by playing an untried youngster from the start. There's a balance between giving youngsters a chance and not losing badly. Besides, as we must have a bench of nothing but youngsters at least a couple of them are bound to come on during the game.

It does appear that we are playing 4-3-3, in practice 4-2-4 as Erskine is not a ball winner. I hope Lochhead gets a chance to show what he can do if we can get a decent lead.

It does appear that we are playing 4-3-3, in practice 4-2-4 as Erskine is not a ball winner. I hope Lochhead gets a chance to show what he can do if we can get a decent lead.

Going by what I read on the other thread that isn't there anymore, I hope Lochhead never gets near the pitch wearing our shirt.