kni

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "new" manager to be announced on Thursday, according to tonight's Times:

http://www.eveningti...-boss-1.1100627

JM and a. n. other got interviewed.

I would have expected more than 2 applicants to be interviewed as Beattie said the standard of applications was high. Jackie was guaranteed an interview so A N Other may be the favoured applicant. If Jackie is the number one choice, why not just announce him as the new manager now? Beattie would have had plenty of chances to discuss terms with him. My guess is that he is negotiating with the other interviewee.

I would have expected more than 2 applicants to be interviewed as Beattie said the standard of applications was high. Jackie was guaranteed an interview so A N Other may be the favoured applicant. If Jackie is the number one choice, why not just announce him as the new manager now? Beattie would have had plenty of chances to discuss terms with him. My guess is that he is negotiating with the other interviewee.

Having listened to Jackie on the Jagscast where he said (possibly accidentally letting the cat out the bag, but equally possible it was just a slip of the tongue) "If I take the job here..." Id say it is possible he has the job if he wants it and is now just looking to agree terms before he leaves for higher ground on Friday. Beattie probably hasn't discussed terms with him prior to the interviews because the application process would still have been ongoing.

Wonder who the ex-player was that was involved. Interested to know in a genuinely non-judgemental way.

(Edited to add apologies for the absence of any puns in this post)

Probably Ian Maxwell. If not then Ian Cameron, perhaps.

Wonder who the ex-player was that was involved. Interested to know in a genuinely non-judgemental way.

(Edited to add apologies for the absence of any puns in this post)

Denis McQuade would be my guess.

Did I miss something in the article as I never noticed that there were only 2 applicants.

I'm still hopeful that it is Jackie that gets the job.

Think a good few of us want him to get the job. Certainly most of us who were at the fun day at the weekend were very impressed with him.

Did I miss something in the article as I never noticed that there were only 2 applicants.

I'm still hopeful that it is Jackie that gets the job.

Think a good few of us want him to get the job. Certainly most of us who were at the fun day at the weekend were very impressed with him.

I did not say that there were only two applicants. I said that only two of the applicants were interviewed - big difference!!!

I did not say that there were only two applicants. I said that only two of the applicants were interviewed - big difference!!!

Ok, did I still miss something as I don't recall seeing anywhere that there were only two interviewed ?

Oh and just for the record my initial post was not a dig, though given your snotty reply i think you have clearly taken it that way....it was a genuine question.

Ok, did I still miss something as I don't recall seeing anywhere that there were only two interviewed ?

Oh and just for the record my initial post was not a dig, though given your snotty reply i think you have clearly taken it that way....it was a genuine question.

I suggest that you re-read post number 53. It starts "I would have expected more than 2 applicants to be interviewed". :rolleyes: