Outrageous Comment At Poty Dance

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Guest fredthecheesecloth

I enjoyed this years POTY dance, decent crowd, players were friendly, John Robertson played Paul Cairneys mum superbly, and the awards were well done.

There was however, one outrageous remark made by the JT's finest Morag. In her speech she thanked the buses, then seemed to indicate that all supporters buses were born from the famous and fabulous North West Bus. What an unbelievable statement from a woman who should be attempting to rally, not further divide the Thistle support.

Northwest bust snobbery. The worst kind.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isnt going to descend into another farcical pun post is it? The other post regarding the new manager, a clearly important subject, has already been destroyed with this nonsense. Its getting pretty annoying that you have to sift through pages of pointless "funny" comments to try and find a bit of discussion about the topic at hand. I know one of the reasons many people got fed up with the old forum was this kind of thing. The admin on this site do a good job and W.A.T has provided a great place to talk about the Jags but can we try and do something about this? Perhaps offer all the pun fetishists their own sub forum?

This isnt going to descend into another farcical pun post is it? The other post regarding the new manager, a clearly important subject, has already been destroyed with this nonsense. Its getting pretty annoying that you have to sift through pages of pointless "funny" comments to try and find a bit of discussion about the topic at hand. I know one of the reasons many people got fed up with the old forum was this kind of thing. The admin on this site do a good job and W.A.T has provided a great place to talk about the Jags but can we try and do something about this? Perhaps offer all the pun fetishists their own sub forum?

Anyone who partakes in the usage of puns is an odious VL ****.

:mad2::thumbdown:

I enjoyed this years POTY dance, decent crowd, players were friendly, John Robertson played Paul Cairneys mum superbly, and the awards were well done.

I wasn't there sorry and I know its a bit off thread but what had Cairney's Mum got to do with anything?? lol i'm intrigued!!

The other post regarding the new manager, a clearly important subject,

Eh? What's important about that thread? Who our next manager is, now that's important. Not a thread about who do you think has applied for the job. What's important about a lot of us bandying the names of out of work managers about? The thread's just idle speculation about something that none of us will know anything about.

Of Course there's absolutely nothing wrong with that thread. This forum would be all the poorer without idle speculation threads. Think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Eh? What's important about that thread? Who our next manager is, now that's important. Not a thread about who do you think has applied for the job. What's important about a lot of us bandying the names of out of work managers about? The thread's just idle speculation about something that none of us will know anything about.

Of Course there's absolutely nothing wrong with that thread. This forum would be all the poorer without idle speculation threads. Think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Perhaps important is the wrong word then. Still doesnt detract from the fact that anyone interested in reading the idle speculation about our new manager has to put up with the endless, pointless puns. By all means have threads dedicated to that sort fo thing if that floats your boat but I just dont think we should have to suffer it on an increasingly frequent basis.

Perhaps important is the wrong word then. Still doesnt detract from the fact that anyone interested in reading the idle speculation about our new manager has to put up with the endless, pointless puns. By all means have threads dedicated to that sort fo thing if that floats your boat but I just dont think we should have to suffer it on an increasingly frequent basis.

:thumbsup2:

I thought there was definitely a point to these ones

Edited by Allan Heron

I couldn't have put it better myself, they're tedious in the extreme and seem to be cropping up on every second thread at the moment. Give it a rest for christ's sake.

Edited by redandyellowarmy

Think supporters buses died a death a long time ago anyway..I used to get on the Milngavie bus back in 1991-1996 and it was a riot...i was only 13-18..but happy happy times..had my first bottle of md 20/20 on route to the infamous game in montrose :D

I reckon that quite a number of us got introduced to under-age bevvying on the supporters' buses in times of old. I don't know who was usually drunker on the Whiteinch bus, the old guys down the front or the under-agers at the back.

I reckon that quite a number of us got introduced to under-age bevvying on the supporters' buses in times of old. I don't know who was usually drunker on the Whiteinch bus, the old guys down the front or the under-agers at the back.

Aye I remember the days when everybody used to turn up with massive carry outs for the bus to make a day out of it. When the drinks ban on buses came in the Maryhill bus just switched to waccy baccy.