Who Do We Want

Chicofan

I'll be glad of a supposed stronger team in Livingston coming up as we weren't great against either Cowdenbeath or Stirling whilst a lot of those around us picked up a good chunk of their points against them (and against Stirling in particular). Everyone taking points off of everyone else might be better for us than having another Stirling in the league who somehow manage to beat us twice yet struggle against the rest.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy behind Bodog has invested into Ayr (a sponsorship deal at least, who knows what might follow) and they could have a bit of moolah behind them next season.

I'm naturally quite pessimistic, so I'd rather have the safety net of Brechin in the league if Jaggy Mac doesn't cut the mustard than potentially an Ayr team that could be mid-table or better.

Sorry Marko.

Glad Cowden are gone though, was nice as a one-off but not somewhere I'd want to go regularly.

I'd be happy with either play off finalist in terms of away days.

But not even my joy at 4 less trips to Fife can mask my disgust at the prospect of going to Hamilton and, worse of all, Livingston. The end of the feckin earth. Does it even have any pubs left in it at all now, that Granary grief hole had shut down last time I was through.

I'd be happy with either play off finalist in terms of away days.

But not even my joy at 4 less trips to Fife can mask my disgust at the prospect of going to Hamilton and, worse of all, Livingston. The end of the feckin earth. Does it even have any pubs left in it at all now, that Granary grief hole had shut down last time I was through.

Grrrrr.

Livi's now easier to get to since the Bathgate to A*rdrie line las opened. Livi North has a couple of pubs next door and a chippy (no red puddings though)

I'm feckin delighted that we play 2 games a season within walking distance from my house. We'll hammer them. :D

Grrrrr.

Livi's now easier to get to since the Bathgate to A*rdrie line las opened. Livi North has a couple of pubs next door and a chippy (no red puddings though)

I'm feckin delighted that we play 2 games a season within walking distance from my house. We'll hammer them. :D

I hope Ayr come up, just because I feel that a club like that belongs in Devision 1.

I don't care about travel to away games. I may take in a game in Brechin as my fiancee has family in Forfar (slightly hoped they would come up for that reason) and may take in a game at Accies as have a friend that supports them. But money is tight and I think I'll save what I have to spend at Firhill, regardless of opposition. I go to watch Thistle.

I hope Ayr come up, just because I feel that a club like that belongs in Devision 1.

I don't care about travel to away games. I may take in a game in Brechin as my fiancee has family in Forfar (slightly hoped they would come up for that reason) and may take in a game at Accies as have a friend that supports them. But money is tight and I think I'll save what I have to spend at Firhill, regardless of opposition. I go to watch Thistle.

I want Ayr up too. A decent away day.

Grrrrr.

So are we better getting the old Deliverance express from Central or the new one from Queen St low level?

So are we better getting the old Deliverance express from Central or the new one from Queen St low level?

The new deliverance express brings you out in civilisation unlike Livi South which is in the middle of nowhere. It's still about a 20 min walk to the ground although there are plenty buses and taxi's. The train doesn't get you there any quicker though as there is a new group of inbred towns it stops at.

I'll do my usual travel advice for Jags fans nearer the time that we play them.

The new deliverance express brings you out in civilisation unlike Livi South which is in the middle of nowhere. It's still about a 20 min walk to the ground although there are plenty buses and taxi's. The train doesn't get you there any quicker though as there is a new group of inbred towns it stops at.

Stay at home?

What price are Livi likely to charge next season? Higher than the rest like last time?

Forget preconceptions, Livingston away is by a distance the best away match of the season. First train, alight at Linlithgow, walk up the main street until you reach the `Black Bitch` passing all sorts of pubs and then later walk back to the station visiting those pubs tbefore getting a taxi to Livingston for a few pounds. Even better, the taxi will come back after the game to take you back to Linlithgow if you ask them nice. Seriously good day out.

Forget preconceptions, Livingston away is by a distance the best away match of the season. First train, alight at Linlithgow, walk up the main street until you reach the `Black Bitch` passing all sorts of pubs and then later walk back to the station visiting those pubs tbefore getting a taxi to Livingston for a few pounds. Even better, the taxi will come back after the game to take you back to Linlithgow if you ask them nice. Seriously good day out.

I suppose even the blandest of grounds have some attraction if you're willing to travel the best part of ten miles to that ground. But by your logic surely then Falkirk must be a better away match than Livingston?

Are there any boozers near Livi North station and has that Granary place reopened?

I had forgotten that new Airdrie-Bathgate link goes through Livi North, makes a bit easier and we get to see more middle of nowhere hell holes en route. Although the trains that go to Edinburgh on the low level line don't have tables, a consideration for anyone with a carry out!

I remember you posting this up before, I think I might give that a shot this season. Far quicker train and Linlithgow sounds alright.

Are there any boozers near Livi North station and has that Granary place reopened?

I had forgotten that new Airdrie-Bathgate link goes through Livi North, makes a bit easier and we get to see more middle of nowhere hell holes en route. Although the trains that go to Edinburgh on the low level line don't have tables, a consideration for anyone with a carry out!

There are 2 pubs near Livi North. The Saltire and Grand Central. Grand Central has American pool and snooker tables.

Last time I took the train through to Glasgow from Livi North, I got a table (ideal for my carry out)

Linlithgow is indeed a decent day out with some nice pubs (if a little pricey). However, you'll have the taxi ride from hell as the road from Linlithgow to Livi is a wee windy road over the Bathgate Hills.

Edited by GrantB

Linlithgow is indeed a decent day out with some nice pubs (if a little pricey). However, you'll have the taxt ride from hell as the road from Linlithgow to Livi is a wee windy road over the Bathgate Hills.

That's why I can't follow HJ's assertion that Livinghell is the best away match of the season. Falkirk Stadium must be about half the travel time from Linlithgow than Almondvale. Main road, cheaper taxi fare. and less likely to throw up.