Trek Cotopaxi

This is way off topic but so what. I can't help it.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but the circumstances of Craigan leaving us, along with Alex Burns (?) left a bitter taste that is still with me, to this day. Motherwell signed Craigan and Burns on pre-contracts when they were bottom, and way behind us, and in administration. They don't go down of course, and what happened to us next? Am I resentful? D*mn right I am. Stinks to highest heaven. One day they will go down and I look forward to it.

Exactly the same feelings here.

At the start of every season when I look at the SPL, Motherwell are the club I want to see relegated for the reasons detailed above by others. After Motherwell it's Kilmarnock, for our historical differences in the 80's/90's.

Motherwell deserve to pay for the way they conducted themselves, the way they treated employees, and the apparent lack of remorse. I know Dundee have done it twice, but at least last season they received SOME punishment. Motherwell got away with it completely and still signed two of our best players from Season 02/03.

Here's hoping 2011/2012 is the season where we pass them on the way up.

Here's hoping 2011/2012 is the season where we pass them on the way up.

That would be ideal :thumbsup2: I don't even want to play them,, go to their ground again.

:thinking: But sadly we are forgetting the Motherwell Rule where if they finish bottom of the league the powers that be re-arrange things to ensure they still play in the top flight. Iirc the Motherwell Rule has been successfully applied at least three times. :angry:

This is way off topic but so what. I can't help it.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but the circumstances of Craigan leaving us, along with Alex Burns (?) left a bitter taste that is still with me, to this day. Motherwell signed Craigan and Burns on pre-contracts when they were bottom, and way behind us, and in administration. They don't go down of course, and what happened to us next? Am I resentful? D*mn right I am. Stinks to highest heaven. One day they will go down and I look forward to it.

Motherwell would otherwise be a club that I would not grudge any success but I was always aggrieved that they could apparently offer better contracts to Craigan and Burns than us when they had just been in administration.

Even more disgraceful was that we voted to save them from relegation because Falkirk didn't meet the SPL stadium requirements...then the following season they voted to allow Inverness Caledonian Thistle to groundshare and relegate us :mad2:

Not surprisingly the two Motherwell supporters I've mentioned this to in recent months were completely oblivious.

That would be ideal :thumbsup2: I don't even want to play them,, go to their ground again.

:thinking: But sadly we are forgetting the Motherwell Rule where if they finish bottom of the league the powers that be re-arrange things to ensure they still play in the top flight. Iirc the Motherwell Rule has been successfully applied at least three times. :angry:

Aberdeen also managed to use the Motherwell rule another team who stabbed us in the back. No tears from me if either of those 2 got relegated.

Aberdeen also managed to use the Motherwell rule another team who stabbed us in the back. No tears from me if either of those 2 got relegated.

I'm not that old to remember the Motherwell get outta jail card in the mid fifties but the second time it was used was due to them having a healthy away support. So they (SFL at that time) just re-organised the top division accordingly.

Things have changed since then and Motherwell are probably expendable these days. That's certainly not the case with Aberdeen. No way would they be allowed to be relegated.

I'm not that old to remember the Motherwell get outta jail card in the mid fifties but the second time it was used was due to them having a healthy away support. So they (SFL at that time) just re-organised the top division accordingly.

Things have changed since then and Motherwell are probably expendable these days. That's certainly not the case with Aberdeen. No way would they be allowed to be relegated.

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if a "4-sided stadium" requirement got adopted one of these days.

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if a "4-sided stadium" requirement got adopted one of these days.

We can always put up one of these things Falkirk had a few years back, a kind of long tent with benches.

Edited by Mr Bunny