Transfer Rumours

phoenix1876

Jaggy's first signing

The first of several apparently, as Jackie looks to revamp the squad :thinking:

Hmmm.

St Johnstone have had problems filling their left back position for a while and I'm not sure Lindsay was ever in contention. Pretty unsuccessful loan spell at Dumbarton by all accounts.

Won't be on too much so probably worth a punt. Maybe McInnes has tipped Jackie off about him.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.

St Johnstone have had problems filling their left back position for a while and I'm not sure Lindsay was ever in contention. Pretty unsuccessful loan spell at Dumbarton by all accounts.

Won't be on too much so probably worth a punt. Maybe McInnes has tipped Jackie off about him.

Maybe he can play more than one position, in which case he'd be useful cover. Cetainly doesn't sound like he'd be an adequate replacement for Boyle, unless he is better than he showed when on loan.

Here's a Scottish product of the Liverpool academy who could be a useful loan player for us - http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/first-team/player/alex-cooper

"Alex Cooper is a left sided player who can play in defence and midfield.A product of the Academy, he came on as a substitute in the FA Youth Cup final defeat to Arsenal at Anfield and made his reserve team breakthrough in 2009-10 when John McMahon played him at left back.

He is a strong and determined player who loves to get forward and support the attack."

He's 19 and listed by Liverpool in their first team squad - http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/first-team. Jackie was at Parkhead when Dalglish was Director of Football.

Jags general manager Ian Maxwell insists the planning for the next campaign will go into overdrive when McNamara and his Turn to Page 43 From Back Page assistant Simon Donnelly arrive back from a charity walk in Ecuador on Wednesday.

Is that a code?

Edited by Jaggernaut

Perhaps he was one of the better players at the U19 trial on the 23rd?

As has been said that was cancelled due to the weather but there was a game arranged for youngsters freed by SPL clubs a few weeks ago so perhaps he was identified at that. I am sure Jackie knows what he is doing and best wishes to Johnny for his time at Firhill.

As has been said that was cancelled due to the weather but there was a game arranged for youngsters freed by SPL clubs a few weeks ago so perhaps he was identified at that. I am sure Jackie knows what he is doing and best wishes to Johnny for his time at Firhill.

He detests being called Johnny. Please call him Jonathan :thumbsup2:

Jaggy's first signing

The first of several apparently, as Jackie looks to revamp the squad :thinking:

GTF no thanks failed to make an impact at Dumbarton on his loan doesn't sound ideal to me to be fair :thumbdown: Kean may be worth a shout though did score a few with St Midden at this level maybe had a few poor seasons elsewhere we do need another striker might be different with us could be 15+ goal scorer a season.

GTF no thanks failed to make an impact at Dumbarton on his loan doesn't sound ideal to me to be fair :thumbdown: Kean may be worth a shout though did score a few with St Midden at this level maybe had a few poor seasons elsewhere we do need another striker might be different with us could be 15+ goal scorer a season.

My first thought was similar to yours, that replacing one of our better players with a guy who can't make it at Dumbarton is pretty uninspiring. However that may not be the full picture; Dumbarton were locked in a relegation battle, so perhaps their manager was favouring more experienced players over an untested 19 year old.

I'm not quite sure I agree with your assertion that we need another striker. Doolan scored 15 league goals this season and was the equal top scorer, we also have Grehan, Stewart, Fraser and Burns up front. I know Grehan doesn't score many, but we score more from midfield when he is playing. Perhaps though, with our main formation including three of them, we would need additional cover.

Boyle was at Dumbarton before we signed him.

Did his loan period not coincide with the start of the bad weather and that would have made it more difficult for him to get a consistent run of games? Would be interesting to hear from people who watched him play for the youths/reserves at Saints as that would give a more accurate picture of his qualities.

It's fairly obvious we're needing left side cover for Archie as well as a left back to replace Boyle. In fact we also need cover for the left back position.

Fairly sure there's none of our youth players anywhere near ready for a squad placing in either of those positions. Unless our finances are even worse than the dire state I think they're in I would hope they'll be a further left sided signing. JMcN says that Lindsay will be expected to make an immediate push for the first team. If he didn't have signing another left sided player in mind I think he wouldn't have phrased it that way.

My first thought was similar to yours, that replacing one of our better players with a guy who can't make it at Dumbarton is pretty uninspiring. However that may not be the full picture; Dumbarton were locked in a relegation battle, so perhaps their manager was favouring more experienced players over an untested 19 year old.

I'm not quite sure I agree with your assertion that we need another striker. Doolan scored 15 league goals this season and was the equal top scorer, we also have Grehan, Stewart, Fraser and Burns up front. I know Grehan doesn't score many, but we score more from midfield when he is playing. Perhaps though, with our main formation including three of them, we would need additional cover.

A bit like when paddy boyle was to replace twaddle.

As for Kean---no thanks anytime ive seen him he looks like a waste of space

Edited by Jaggyman