Transfer Rumours

phoenix1876

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Erskine get a game for Hearts? I doubt it. Would hate to see him go.

However, with the financial hat on, say £100k for him plus Balatoni (who could easily be worth a good amount in a few years, it would make financial sense). Ideally we could maybe get Erskine back on loan for the season too.

Heard that it's nearer the 75k mark which is an okay amount, if we're getting Balatoni back on a permament basis.

Though if Bridge leaves then this will be the first time I've actually been upset for us to lose a player.

Heard that it's nearer the 75k mark which is an okay amount, if we're getting Balatoni back on a permament basis.

Though if Bridge leaves then this will be the first time I've actually been upset for us to lose a player.

Ok if this is true, and if Beattie is telling the truth regarding our budget (i.e. it is set for us to break even and any surplus is what is available for the playing budget), then £75k is not a bad wee boost to Jaggy Mac's coffers.

Ok if this is true, and if Beattie is telling the truth regarding our budget (i.e. it is set for us to break even and any surplus is what is available for the playing budget), then £75k is not a bad wee boost to Jaggy Mac's coffers.

Most of it would go to the debt I'd think, though I suppose that would sort of free up a bit more money due to interest reduction.

Agree with other poster about missing Erskine - we could get a player who'd be strong enough for the team but very difficult to get one who entertains so much.

Just thought - would hope it's proper money deal if it happens and not just a few quid down and wait for years for the rest.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Most of it would go to the debt I'd think, though I suppose that would sort of free up a bit more money due to interest reduction.

Agree with other poster about missing Erskine - we could get a player who'd be strong enough for the team but very difficult to get one who entertains so much.

Just thought - would hope it's proper money deal if it happens and not just a few quid down and wait for years for the rest.

IF we are set to break even this season that would include payments to the bank being made (whether just interest or not) so I'd prefer any money made in transfers to be given to Jackie in order to push for promotion. Disclaimer: That's different to the Dundee scenario as we wouldn't be increasing our debt to chase a dream.

I wasn't all that bother when Harkins went, but I'd be sad to see Erskine go at this stage.

Edited to add: it might just also have a negative effect on some people who like the way the team has been shaping up and who were planning to buy a season ticket. But I suppose £75K or so in hand is better than a few dozen extra season tickets.

Edited by Jaggernaut

I wasn't all that bother when Harkins went, but I'd be sad to see Erskine go at this stage.

Edited to add: it might just also have a negative effect on some people who like the way the team has been shaping up and who were planning to buy a season ticket. But I suppose £75K or so in hand is better than a few dozen extra season tickets.

If its true, then we should sell him. Take the money and Balatoni and dont deny Erskine his chance at SPL and a bigger club than us.Yes, sad to see him go, but what an opportunity for the lad, we cant deny him that. :(

Would suggest that Jambos are maybe ditching driver? Templeton a sound prospect. If he does go would like to see him develop under Jaggy Mac for another season. Would be good to get Con Balatoni back permanently.

I'd rather see any transfer fee we receive in the future go straight towards the debt.

If we were going to be operating at a loss this year due to the debt so would I, but according to Beattie we are going to break even and the player budget has been capitulated in order to achieve that. When the budgets were set I would assume no transfer fees were expected, so rather than drop the £75k into a black hole pointlessly (as we are going to break even without it anyway) then Id like to see that money spent on wages for 2 half decent players.

People keep saying the quality is crap,we will end up in 'mid-table mediocrity' etc, well that £75k may just be the bonus we need to get in a goalscoring striker and a left back that can turn the squad into a promotion wining one. If it can achieve this it will bring crowds back AND if we can achieve promotion the debt could be wiped out anyway.

Yes it would be a risk, but a relatively low risk given the £75k would be bonus money that hadn't been included in the budgets.

Realistically, £75k is a couple of rounds of the cup. Chris Erskine will win us that money in good results during the season which increase attendances in league games and progress us in the cups. Over the last few seasons, we've had weeks where there has been 2,500 at the game and we've lost, so the week after we have 1,800. We would surely make most if not all of the £75k over the space of a couple of seasons in results which Chris contributes to.

Ditto. He is the guy we should be building the team around, the kind of player people pay money to see play (if you know what I mean).

Realistically, £75k is a couple of rounds of the cup. Chris Erskine will win us that money in good results during the season which increase attendances in league games and progress us in the cups. Over the last few seasons, we've had weeks where there has been 2,500 at the game and we've lost, so the week after we have 1,800. We would surely make most if not all of the £75k over the space of a couple of seasons in results which Chris contributes to.

He is the guy we should be building the team around, the kind of player people pay money to see play (if you know what I mean).

:ptfc: :ptfc: :ptfc: :ptfc: The Bridge Must Stay :ptfc: :ptfc: :ptfc: :ptfc:

If we were going to be operating at a loss this year due to the debt so would I, but according to Beattie we are going to break even and the player budget has been capitulated in order to achieve that. When the budgets were set I would assume no transfer fees were expected, so rather than drop the £75k into a black hole pointlessly (as we are going to break even without it anyway) then Id like to see that money spent on wages for 2 half decent players.

People keep saying the quality is crap,we will end up in 'mid-table mediocrity' etc, well that £75k may just be the bonus we need to get in a goalscoring striker and a left back that can turn the squad into a promotion wining one. If it can achieve this it will bring crowds back AND if we can achieve promotion the debt could be wiped out anyway.

Yes it would be a risk, but a relatively low risk given the £75k would be bonus money that hadn't been included in the budgets.

In an ideal world I'd want McNamara to get all of any transfer fee we receive to invest back into the squad.

However I'm fed up with the Club being in debt. Season after season sees more and more cut backs. Financial mismanagement, in the past continues to hinder the Club's progress, even after the Propco deal.

The dark cloud of debt has been hanging over Firhill for coming on a decade now and I for one can't wait until it's gone.

Edited by northernsoul

He's worth 500k easy.75k is a joke.JP mcbride is worth more than that.Look at some of those hibs players scott brown thompson whittaker ect there not 20 times the player erskine.So why should we get 20 times less money.500k is fair anyless and we've been robbed

Agree! Even if erskine turns it on for 3/4 times per game it is worth the admission money alone. Let him get his game every week and develope further. The biig English teams will soon appear on the doorstep with bigger cheques than Hearts will offer.

Agree! Even if erskine turns it on for 3/4 times per game it is worth the admission money alone. Let him get his game every week and develope further. The biig English teams will soon appear on the doorstep with bigger cheques than Hearts will offer.

I agree, the fact that he has already attracted the interest (so it appears) from the 3rd best team in Scotland, should he continue to improve bigger teams that Hearts could easily be interested with much more money being involved. He still has 2yrs to go on his contract, we don't have to take the 1st offer given.

Maybe having McGowan/Balatoni on loan, & them presumably being watched alerted Hearts to Erskine?

I agree, the fact that he has already attracted the interest (so it appears) from the 3rd best team in Scotland, should he continue to improve bigger teams that Hearts could easily be interested with much more money being involved. He still has 2yrs to go on his contract, we don't have to take the 1st offer given.

Maybe having McGowan/Balatoni on loan, & them presumably being watched alerted Hearts to Erskine?

Excellent point. He's only going to improve, so let's keep him at Firhill and watch his value increase before selling him. In other words, let's sell him at Christies, rather than at a car boot sale.

Excellent point. He's only going to improve, so let's keep him at Firhill and watch his value increase before selling him. In other words, let's sell him at Christies, rather than at a car boot sale.

It's a good idea in theory, but if we get an offer close to the 75k/100k mentioned above he will be away. We're in no position to turn down that sort of money for a player we got from the juniors for nothing, given our financial situation. We're in no position to turn down that sort of money for any of our players. He could get a career threatening injury tomorrow, or go off form completely (something not out of the question with Erskine). Let's be realistic.

It's a good idea in theory, but if we get an offer close to the 75k/100k mentioned above he will be away. We're in no position to turn down that sort of money for a player we got from the juniors for nothing, given our financial situation. We're in no position to turn down that sort of money for any of our players. He could get a career threatening injury tomorrow, or go off form completely (something not out of the question with Erskine). Let's be realistic.

That's where you need to take a risk, I agree £100k would be gard to turn down, but a good season & he could easily attract a League 1/Championship side who could easily eclipse that offer. It's easy saying £100k can replace him, yes it can, but it's unlikely to be with someone like him. An entertainer & a player who the fans like to see play.

If he was to go, I'd like to see Willie McLaren come in, should be a fairly cheap option but has ability & will score some goals.