Trial Match

Jaggernaut

I see there's to be a trial match for U-19 players (official site).

Am I right in thinking that there was something like that for potential 1st team squad players a while back? Clyde certainly did it. Seems fair enough to me for allowing players who are looking for a club the chance to get a game and impress.

I see there's to be a trial match for U-19 players (official site).

Am I right in thinking that there was something like that for potential 1st team squad players a while back? Clyde certainly did it. Seems fair enough to me for allowing players who are looking for a club the chance to get a game and impress.

Can't do any harm, might find a gem. If we don't, nothing lost.

I've heard Stirling are doiing it for their first team squad. I might be making this part up, but I heard there was a £200 charge to participate in the trial (that seems very excessive, maybe it was £20?), which would make it a bit of a winner in my view.

Writing as I work here, just seen that it is £200... My link

If you look at it from a positive point of view we're doing this as youngsters have moved up into the first team squad thus weakening the under 19s. I think Bannigan, Fraser, Scully, Lochhead & McGrotty would all have been eligible for next season's under 19s (I'm assuming anyone not 19 by July 11) so requiring trials could be seen as a good think.

Stirling did the same last season and made a fair bit of money from it. This season they have trialists from the US and Austria apparently willing to pay £200 to try out.

Even if you make it £100 or so I'd imagine you'd get much higher quality wanting to trial for a full time job in football.

Aye. I imagine if they made it free, or a small admin charge, that plenty of us would turn up for the trial. I know I would!

I've heard Stirling are doiing it for their first team squad. I might be making this part up, but I heard there was a £200 charge to participate in the trial (that seems very excessive, maybe it was £20?), which would make it a bit of a winner in my view.

Writing as I work here, just seen that it is £200... My link

Wow, that would bring in several grand!

Looks like an excellent scam idea.

Bring in income, and maybe unearth the next Chris Erskine.

Just noticed on the Albion site that they released Andy Gibson.

We've absolutely nothing to lose by doing this and good on the club, and I would assume Gerry, Cammy and Maxy for giving it a go. There are going to be a hell of a lot of youngsters freed from clubs everywhere this summer and if we can pick up a few decent ones and bring them on in the way we have the boys we have at the club then it's a bonus.

Edited by Vom Itorium