Description Of Charlie Adam

Mr Bunny

Just reading guardian Football writers awards and found this description of Charlie Adam which I think is spot on...

"Best player Charlie Adam, Blackpool. Not since the days of Jan Molby and Gazza has a player looked like he's put down his pie, vaulted the hoardings and pulled on his boots. A tubby genius giving hope to every dreamer in the crowd"

Did we ever have a player that could be described like this (I mean for being really good, not just pie-eating).

Edited by Mr Bunny

Just reading guardian Football writers awards and found this description of Charlie Adam which I think is spot on...

"Best player Charlie Adam, Blackpool. Not since the days of Jan Molby and Gazza has a player looked like he's put down his pie, vaulted the hoardings and pulled on his boots. A tubby genius giving hope to every dreamer in the crowd"

Did we ever have a player that could be described like this (I mean for being really good, not just pie-eating).

chico!

Charlie Adam's burd has just been crowned Miss Fylde Coast (Greater Blackpool).

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/local/charlie_s_girl_wins_miss_fylde_coast_1_3408482

Reminds me of that time at Rugby Park when some "beauty queen" was introduced to the crowd at half-time, leading to a loud Jags-fans' chorus of "Who let the dog out?!"

I take my hat off to Charlie Adam. We used to see him in the queue for Greggs (sometimes on a Saturday morning when we were going to get the Thistle bus) and would, of course, laugh at him. I would never have believed that he would turn his career around to the extent that he would play like he did at Old Trafford on Sunday and attract the attention of clubs like Liverpool. He deserves all the credit he is getting, if I ever see him in the street again (unlikely in St Petersburg, admittedly) I will apologise to him.

Reminds me of that time at Rugby Park when some "beauty queen" was introduced to the crowd at half-time, leading to a loud Jags-fans' chorus of "Who let the dog out?!"

:D

If I mind right there was another chant from our end that day as well. Rackin' what's left of my brains to remember what it was. Almost as funny as above :thinking:

Ah, yes!..... "Natural Blonde, you're havin' a laugh"

Charlie Adam's burd has just been crowned Miss Fylde Coast (Greater Blackpool).

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/local/charlie_s_girl_wins_miss_fylde_coast_1_3408482

I really respect how she has dyed herself the colour of a Blackpool FC shirt. What a supporter! :thumbsup2:

I take my hat off to Charlie Adam. We used to see him in the queue for Greggs (sometimes on a Saturday morning when we were going to get the Thistle bus) and would, of course, laugh at him. I would never have believed that he would turn his career around to the extent that he would play like he did at Old Trafford on Sunday and attract the attention of clubs like Liverpool. He deserves all the credit he is getting, if I ever see him in the street again (unlikely in St Petersburg, admittedly) I will apologise to him.

It is kind of ironic that the one Rangers manager who seemed to have the most time for him was the fitness-fanatic Paul Le Guen.

I am delighted how well Charlie has done though (and I don't just mean by landing himself a model girlfriend). As a Scotland fan it is really encouraging to see that we are still capable of producing players who can cut in one of the top leagues. :)

No-one I can think of better sums it up than the Morton legend........Andy Ritchie! :)

He might have been a few pounds over weight but was certainly in the "tubby genius" mould!! :P

Edited by OorWull