Will The Main Stand Be Open For Visit Of Celtic?

general george

A crowd of 1,893 turned up for Kenny Arthur's Testimonial against a Celtic reserve reserve reserve team so oh yeah I bow to your vastly superior take on this. And how many of the 1,893 do you reckon were your sellik chums.

Hatstand

So still no names for all these clubs in the SPL, 1st, 2nd and possibly 3rd who would bring a bigger crowd? Thought not.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So still no names for all these clubs in the SPL, 1st, 2nd and possibly 3rd who would bring a bigger crowd? Thought not.

Choose ANY you like. And you'll find they'd bring a bigger crowd than Celtic's 5th team. Perhaps you are just blind to this because you want to be. Fair enough. Your problem, not mine.

As I understand it the objective is to make more money than we did last season (in all areas of the club). Last season we played Bristol Rovers midweek and got a crowd of 936. I would anticipate that playing on a Saturday against a reserve Celtic side would result in a larger crowd (by how much is hard to say) and thus generate more money than last season. What we then need is more season tickets sold and more paying punters on matchdays, etc.

I hope you're right, but I won't be holding my breath. :thumbsup2:

Choose ANY you like. And you'll find they'd bring a bigger crowd than Celtic's 5th team. Perhaps you are just blind to this because you want to be. Fair enough. Your problem, not mine.

I already chose Hibs as an example of a team who have brought awful crowds to a game including their 1st team for a pre-season friendly. Name those who will bring bigger crowds...

I already chose Hibs as an example of a team who have brought awful crowds to a game including their 1st team for a pre-season friendly. Name those who will bring bigger crowds...

You chose a Wednesday night fixture ffs!!! Are you really that naive? Or do you assume I'm that naive as to think a midweek fixture would attract as many paying punters as a Saturday fixture? Or maybe it's a conspiracy that they made it a midweek game just so that you be proven wanting a couple of seasons later? I chose to ignore your ludicrous remark about a Wednesday Clyde Hibs friendly, but as you seem so insistent in exposing yourself to ridicule......let's ask "Jaggy" McNamara if he wouldn't mind asking his Parkhead pals to shift the game to a Wed evening and the turn-out from the "Greatest fans in the world" would be lucky to hiy double figures. See reality? See getting a grip on it? :wall:

You chose a Wednesday night fixture ffs!!! Are you really that naive? Or do you assume I'm that naive as to think a midweek fixture would attract as many paying punters as a Saturday fixture? Or maybe it's a conspiracy that they made it a midweek game just so that you be proven wanting a couple of seasons later? I chose to ignore your ludicrous remark about a Wednesday Clyde Hibs friendly, but as you seem so insistent in exposing yourself to ridicule......let's ask "Jaggy" McNamara if he wouldn't mind asking his Parkhead pals to shift the game to a Wed evening and the turn-out from the "Greatest fans in the world" would be lucky to hiy double figures. See reality? See getting a grip on it? :wall:

would be a first for you anyway

Edited by jaggybunnet

Hang on... one of the "Greatest fans in the world" has just walked past my window (I saw the flash of green and grey hoops as he passed)...... I'll go and ask him if he knows about, or intends going to, Firhill to see his heroes..... back in a bit...

This is great entertainment, you 2 should go on tour, the saint and greavsie of our time!!!

This thread is a bit of a car crash but a mate has been texting me this morning asking if it is pay at the gate and the details of this game, I started winding him up about their exagerrated supports and stuff but he seems adament there is a lot of interest in this on Celtic forums (I'm sure as hell not going to go on them to check). Despite it being a fringe side, with it being the only game the locals can go to and with it being on a Saturday he is predicting chaos and Celtic fans easily filling the North Stand, especially if it is pay at the gate and every wee bam under the sun can turn up.

I'm not convinced butyou never know.