Will The Main Stand Be Open For Visit Of Celtic?

general george

Beg the bheggars to come to our wee friendly? No thanks.

Btw, you are "Partick Thistle fan" who posts on just about every club in Scotland's forum arn't you? I remember a Celtic supporting mate showing me one of your posts on their forum, asking Celtic fans to come to Firhill as they were away that day. It was near christmas and you started your post with "seasons greeting bhoys". Utterly cringeworthy.

Okay I shouldnt really respond to a pathetic keyboard, Harry Roebrts obsessed keyboard gangster like you but as I have said many a time I cannot stand Celtic or Rangers. Where I dont really have a problem is in this case loads of Celtic fans turning up for this friendly because the net result is we get all the money.

And another thing unlike you I dont need to hide behind different computer aliases. You will generally find I post under the user name Third Lanark on various forums. Not surprised you changed your user name from the infamous Rangers supporting CRM which you posted under on pie & bovril, however as it did then your pathetic keyboard gangster routine gives you away every time

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly 40 years ago, we rather famously beat Celtic 4-1 - many of you will have happy memories of the day, many wont. What is wrong with inviting them over for a friendly game in which we can mark this anniversary and make some money?

When I was handing my season ticket form in today, I had to direct a Celtic fan in so he could buy 4 tickets. If they can be up for this (meaningless) game, it amazes me that we cant.

Nearly 40 years ago, we rather famously beat Celtic 4-1 - many of you will have happy memories of the day, many wont. What is wrong with inviting them over for a friendly game in which we can mark this anniversary and make some money?

When I was handing my season ticket form in today, I had to direct a Celtic fan in so he could buy 4 tickets. If they can be up for this (meaningless) game, it amazes me that we cant.

:thumbsup2:

people are IMHO being ridiculous about this, its a friendly, we may gets lots of money out of it to get new (better) players. they may be ar**** but who cares as long they pay at the gate

I might head along to this but not sure. Like previous "all ticket" games (that aren't sell outs) can I just turn up on the day and buy my ticket from the portacabin? As in this way all our games are "all ticket" for home fans.

I presumed that the only change was to control numbers of away fans - i.e. making them buy tickets in advance (or perhaps on the day too if we open the old ticket office on Firhill Road)

Can someone clarify?

Celtic were due to play friendlies with Accrington and Carlisle on their return from Australia, which have now bothe been cancelled due to the police not wishing their millions to descend down south. This is bound to affect any plans Lennon had for squad so you may well find we see an even stronger line-up head to Firhill now.

Not someone that goes to many friendlies, and I won't be going to this game, Getting the Old Filth in the cup is good because of atmosphere etc but friendly with them doesn't fill me with any urge to go to the game, But i do think it's a decent friendly to get in regards to away fans, will be more of them than any other team we coulda played,so hopefully there are a few squad players playing for celtic and that encourages more of them lot to go to the game

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2011-2012/june_2011/celtic_friendly_update

A lot has been said about what strength of team Celtic will have and how many fans they will bring but lets remember that it is Jackie's first game at Firhill since being appointed and regardless of who we play we should be supporting our team and the bigger the crowd (home and away fans) the better in terms of finances.

I support the team and Jackie McNamara, and will try to attend as many other matches as possible when back in Glasgow this summer, but I would say that it does matter who we are playing, and have no intention of paying to see Celtic and their fans in a game that means nothing.

You're not paying to see Celtic! You're paying to see Thistle in their first home friendly of the season and it just happens to be against one of the Ugly Sisters.