Will The Main Stand Be Open For Visit Of Celtic?

general george

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was speaking to a colleague today who told me that he had seen an advert for the game on the side of a bus in Glasgow the other day, I don't know if it was the club or Celtic who had organised this but hopefully it helps boost the crowd.

It's one of those buses that drive round the town with changing adds. I think it is mentions the game and season tickets. Only got a quick look.

Does anyone know if Greaves will be selling tickets for the game? i don't have any way of getting to firhill during office hours :(

Phone up tomorrow and I will post them out. Alternatively they will be on sale in the Aitken suite till 2PM on matchday. Sales have been good. Friday was mental and I expect more of the same this week.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that season ticket holders get in for nowt for this game. Is it simply a case then of brandishing your 2011-2012 season ticket at the gate and getting waived in without paying any more?

Not certain, but I'd presume you'll have to hand over a voucher, probably one at the back of the book as there's always more numbered tickets than games.

Do I sense common-sense at Firhill?

Make it all ticket to help boost the cashflow and maybe contribute towards a signing (Conrad, perhaps) and then make it open to everyone to ensure a decent crowd.

Fair play. :thumbsup2:

Edited by Armand2

Do I sense common-sense at Firhill?

Make it all ticket to help boost the cashflow and maybe contribute towards a signing (Conrad, perhaps) and then make it open to everyone to ensure a decent crowd.

Fair play. :thumbsup2:

Decent enough tactic. All we need now is a good bit of PR in the latter stages of the week to draw the millions in. Is Lenny gonna be making his first appearance on Scottish soild since signing his new deal? Will there be any new signings getting a run-out?

Let's tell any of the millions that we know that they ARE! It might just add a few onto the gate.

Decent enough tactic. All we need now is a good bit of PR in the latter stages of the week to draw the millions in. Is Lenny gonna be making his first appearance on Scottish soild since signing his new deal? Will there be any new signings getting a run-out?

Let's tell any of the millions that we know that they ARE! It might just add a few onto the gate.

Well, this Wanyama fella might get a run-out since he missed their Australian tour. Niall McGinn was due to play before he got punted out on loan. I've no doubts it'll largely be a squad made up of fringe and youth players but hopefully there's a few names there to ensure the manky mob show up.

It's better than playing Clyde in an empty Broadwood anyway.

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2011-2012/june_2011/celtic_friendly_update

A lot has been said about what strength of team Celtic will have and how many fans they will bring but lets remember that it is Jackie's first game at Firhill since being appointed and regardless of who we play we should be supporting our team and the bigger the crowd (home and away fans) the better in terms of finances.

It's also his first game since he got his hair cut, first game at home since the grass has been cut, first game at home since the last one... regardless of who we play, no one should feel they must turn up just to fill the begging bowl... no matter the level of piss poor competition, or fact it's a meaningless, non-contact, excuse for players to get fit and not display any level of "football".

Sorry, just thought i'd even that up.

See you on Saturday?

Is "Pay at the gate" the same as stand in the line for the pi5sy portacabin, then stand in another line for the turnstye?

It is as it says on the tin & as is stands all turnstiles will be open to be used.

So I take it season ticket holders are just rocking straight over to the turnstyles and handing over their book as opposed to faffing about exchanging a voucher for a ticket?

Correct.

you think there's tactics at work? huvnae sold enough tickets more like and realised it was a daft idea. thought the masses from seville would have been pouring through the gates whereas they're not arsed. if we get 3000 i'll be amazed (and pleased)

Celtic fan I let in the door at Firhill today whilst getting my season ticket, said that Celtic were sending their fans to Firhill to pick up their tickets as tey weren't selling them.

That's been the case all along. The fact it's pay at the gate could sway a lot more to make the effort now, hopefully the weather's decent too and that should help push the gate up.

Celtic fan I let in the door at Firhill today whilst getting my season ticket, said that Celtic were sending their fans to Firhill to pick up their tickets as tey weren't selling them.

Do you mean Will that they were originally selling them but there was few so few people bought them they have given up and decided to tell their supporters to go to Firhill and buy them or do you mean they were never selling them in the first place and its Firhill where fans have to buy them? I hope its the latter otherwise it really is going to be a very sparse crowd

Do you mean Will that they were originally selling them but there was few so few people bought them they have given up and decided to tell their supporters to go to Firhill and buy them or do you mean they were never selling them in the first place and its Firhill where fans have to buy them? I hope its the latter otherwise it really is going to be a very sparse crowd

Not sure what you mean, but tickets have been sold from the office all week (& last) to both home & away fans, this is still happening. Fans, home & away, can now also pay at the gate instead of needing a ticket in advance of the game.

Not sure what you mean, but tickets have been sold from the office all week (& last) to both home & away fans, this is still happening. Fans, home & away, can now also pay at the gate instead of needing a ticket in advance of the game.

I was meaning were they ever on sale at Celtics stadium or was it always at Firhill? Or if they were on sale at Celtics ground is it they were selling so poorly that they have now been referred to Firhill to buy the tickets?

Sorry for the confusion :thumbsup2:

Edited by Third Lanark

I was meaning were they ever on sale at Celtics stadium or was it always at Firhill? Or if they were on sale at Celtics midden is it they were selling so poorly that they have now been referred to Firhill to buy the tickets?

Sorry for the confusion :thumbsup2:

Ahh, they have only even been on sale from Firhill.