Craig Thomson Pleads Guilty To Indecent Behaviour

kni

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much as I believe that the law of the land should be punishment enough I think in practical terms I've gotta agree with above post.

Agreed. Or worse still, he could end up at Broadwood.

Seriously, though, the old 'Trust and Confidence' caveat would surely be a barrier to any club signing him. How could supporters of any club now be asked to tolerate this vile individual?

Fair enough, the lad deserves what comes to him.

He seemed like a pretty decent player though and had a lot of potential. Ruined his own career. I would have liked him to come on loan to us a few years ago, but I think he was in the Hearts first team the past season. Could play right/left back and in midfield.

Don`t care what people do off the pitch. For me the only consideration is what the do or don`t do in a Thistle jersey. Anything else is a matter between them and the relevant authorities.

Footballers, like musicians, film stars, are "heroes" to many youngsters, who aspire to be like them, even to live their lives like them. People, especially youngsters, are easily influenced by their role models.

Would you say the same about your child's teacher; that all that matters is what the teacher did in the classroom?

Don`t care what people do off the pitch. For me the only consideration is what the do or don`t do in a Thistle jersey. Anything else is a matter between them and the relevant authorities.

Footballers, like musicians, film stars, are "heroes" to many youngsters, who aspire to be like them, even to live their lives like them. People, especially youngsters, are easily influenced by their role models.

Would you say the same about your child's teacher; that all that matters is what the teacher did in the classroom?

Much as I'm with HJ in principle, in practice it's a completely different kettle of things you can't make puns of.

I don't think I'm being excessively cynical in saying that if this Thomson fella was a thirty goal a season striker with a lower league SPL side fans of his club would maybe be adopting a less punitive approach. :rolleyes:

So tell me. Last time I looked at the official club history I could`nt find it. Next to the player`s name, appearances and goals where does it mention character defects and previous convictions?

I was going to let your last paragraph go but sorry.....have you actualy read it? Are you honestly making this comparison?

I was going to let your last paragraph go but sorry.....have you actualy read it? Are you honestly making this comparison?

I've re-read it, and I stick by it. I think I'd want anybody who might be in a position to influence my child to have no criminal record, especially with regards to the kinds of crime that this thread relates to.

I take it you don't go in for all this "family club" stuff, then?

I've re-read it, and I stick by it. I think I'd want anybody who might be in a position to influence my child to have no criminal record, especially with regards to the kinds of crime that this thread relates to.

I take it you don't go in for all this "family club" stuff, then?

And even if the `family club` stuff is valid (and hey it`s a cheaper option than assembling a team which would attract fans) are you seriously comparing a footballer with a teacher who has daily and personal contact with children. I think it might be the most insane thing I`ve read on this forum. Apart from the role model stuff (from a Thistle player!) where does it ome from? Are the Local Authorities aware of this danger?

Is`nt it a more pertinent point to say that some on this forum just like to sit on judgement on others and actualy quite enjoy their sense of sanctimonious outrage.

Unless it affects me or mine, what a man does is a matter for his conscience and the pertinent authorities. I don`t sit in judgemnt on others.

And even if the `family club` stuff is valid (and hey it`s a cheaper option than assembling a team which would attract fans) are you seriously comparing a footballer with a teacher who has daily and personal contact with children. I think it might be the most insane thing I`ve read on this forum. Apart from the role model stuff (from a Thistle player!) where does it ome from? Are the Local Authorities aware of this danger?

Is`nt it a more pertinent point to say that some on this forum just like to sit on judgement on others and actualy quite enjoy their sense of sanctimonious outrage.

Unless it affects me or mine, what a man does is a matter for his conscience and the pertinent authorities. I don`t sit in judgemnt on others.

Aye Right!

Unless they are Directors of PTFC and not spending all their money on players or fans who think we have enough strikers for the season ahead or people who think Kenny Arthur was a good goalkeeper!

Edited by Fawlty Towers

Funniest (though unintentional, I think) post that I've read here in some time. Unless you are referring to yourself ironically, then it's faintly amusing.

This is a cute but desperate attempt by you to deflect attention away from your stated support of professional footballers being allowed to do what they like in their "private" lives, that it's of no consequence for their role as a footballer. It's perfectly clear, surely to you as well, that the private vs public distinction these days is not clear-cut, and when it comes down to something like standards of behaviour towards children, then the distinction is even less important. You can call my comparison of teachers and footballers as role models for children "insane" if you like, but you're the one that appears to be ranting, caught out by your own indefensible statement and now lashing out with little depth of thought.

If you want to maintain a consistent position, you shouldn't care what school teachers get up to in their "private time", as long as their "interests" or "leisure preferences" don't manifest themselves in the classroom. Well, I do care, and I also care about what footballers, athletes, politicians, musicians, and others do when it comes to giving them any support, and certainly when it comes to suggesting to children that this is what they should aspire to.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Aye Right!

Unless they are Directors of PTFC and not spending all their money on players or fans who think we have enough strikers for the season ahead or people who think Kenny Arthur was a good goalkeeper!

Hey, moronic stuff.....goody.

Firstly, all what money? We`re supposed to be skint and you`ll find that my posts have reflected our well publicised poverty. What I did say was that the directors have a duty to strengthen the team and that failure to do so will result in mediocrity, low season ticket sales and falling attendances. You don`t think so.....tough.

Secondly, the club does not in my opinion have enough strikers. Anyone who disagrees with this viewpoint is wrong but that`s a matter of opinion and that`s what this site is for.

Thirdly, sorry about this but I don`t think Kenny Arthur`s apparent saintliness and all round good guy demeanour are enough to give a no more than adequate goalkeeper the legendary status witin the club that some wish for him.

Edited by hebridean jag

Funniest (though unintentional, I think) post that I've read here in some time. Unless you are referring to yourself ironically, then it's faintly amusing.

This is a cute but desperate attempt by you to deflect attention away from your stated support of professional footballers being allowed to do what they like in their "private" lives, that it's of no consequence for their role as a footballer. It's perfectly clear, surely to you as well, that the private vs public distinction these days is not clear-cut, and when it comes down to something like standards of behaviour towards children, then the distinction is even less important. You can call my comparison of teachers and footballers as role models for children "insane" if you like, but you're the one that appears to be ranting, caught out by your own indefensible statement and now lashing out with little depth of thought.

If you want to maintain a consistent position, you shouldn't care what school teachers get up to in their "private time", as long as their "interests" or "leisure preferences" don't manifest themselves in the classroom. Well, I do care, and I also care about what footballers, athletes, politicians, musicians, and others do when it comes to giving them any support, and certainly when it comes to suggesting to children that this is what they should aspire to.

Hey I seem to have upset the moral majority. Where was the funny routine (intentional or not) What indifensible statement? Would it be the one where I said that I don`t sit in judgement on others or the one wehere I accused those who apperently delight in doing so of being sanctmonious? For what it`s worth I`m not allowing professional footballers to do anything....they don`t tend to ask for my permission.

What a person`s moral compass comprises is has nothing to do with me and as long as the SFA and SFL permit convicted thieves, murderers and registered sex offenders to play then I personally think our opinion should begin and end with the subject`s footballing abilities. I still think though that comparing the moral code of teachers with football players because of some spurious `role model` personna is the most insane thing I`ve read on this forum.

Hey I seem to have upset the moral majority. Where was the funny routine (intentional or not) What indifensible statement? Would it be the one where I said that I don`t sit in judgement on others or the one wehere I accused those who apperently delight in doing so of being sanctmonious? For what it`s worth I`m not allowing professional footballers to do anything....they don`t tend to ask for my permission.

What a person`s moral compass comprises is has nothing to do with me and as long as the SFA and SFL permit convicted thieves, murderers and registered sex offenders to play then I personally think our opinion should begin and end with the subject`s footballing abilities. I still think though that comparing the moral code of teachers with football players because of some spurious `role model` personna is the most insane thing I`ve read on this forum.

Then we'll just have to agree to live on different moral worlds, you on yours where you defend and express your support for "thieves, murderers and registered sex offenders" because they also happen to play for the team you support, and me on mine where I won't.

And worlds with different definitions of "sanity".

You don't sit in judgement, you've repeatedly claimed, but my comparison is "the most insane thing" you've read on the forum, and another poster's view is "moronic".

You don't seem to get irony.

Sheesh

Gies a break HJ , you tried to give a valid viewpoint at the start but didn't express it very well.

By your logic it's ok if he bangs in the goals for your team and tries to fiddle with kids? are you serious?

but hey!! if it's your own kids you'll change your tune. :thinking:

:rolleyes:

Edited by Hot Shot

Sheesh

Gies a break HJ , you tried to give a valid viewpoint at the start but didn't express it very well.

By your logic it's ok if he bangs in the goals for your team and tries to fiddle with kids? are you serious?

but hey!! if it's your own kids you'll change your tune. :thinking:

:rolleyes:

In a nutshell. But will he admit it? Out of pig-headedness, probably not.

I believe hearts are standing by him,

He will however be hounded out of scottish football (and rightly so)

He must never play for scotland again.

If it was my 12 year old child he was trying to coax into sex(groom) I would take a hammer to his knees and ensure he never played football again