Craig Thomson Pleads Guilty To Indecent Behaviour

kni

Don`t care what people do off the pitch. For me the only consideration is what the do or don`t do in a Thistle jersey. Anything else is a matter between them and the relevant authorities.

And of course, in this instance, the child he's been grooming for sex. Let's not forget her.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( (Thigh) No more puns, please. This is a serious matter that still rankles.

It is, he should be out on his arse right away. everybody has their own values and morals..... but i wouldnt want him if he was ours, no matter what kind of player he was for us, we would want to attract supporters, not drive them away, the OF dont have standards, as seen with their behaviour not just last season, but previously, we should have standards, and he falls way beyond them, when it comes to being a human being, he crossed the line.

Edited by east lothian jag

It is, he should be out on his arse right away. everybody has their own values and morals..... but i wouldnt want him if he was ours, no matter what kind of player he was for us, we would want to attract supporters, not drive them away, the OF dont have standards, as seen with their behaviour not just last season, but previously, we should have standards, and he falls way beyond them, when it comes to being a human being, he crossed the line.

I've read that and re-read it, and I cannae find a pun!

But I agree, and I think heel be the object of some tough treatment from football fans. I'm surprised at the tarts keeping him on, but then again they are the tarts.

Car crash of a thread, thanks to some.

HJ, sorry, but your viewpoint is just something i cannot agree with, although you are entitled to your opinion.

Some others who have made some valid comments which i happen to agree with earlier in thread, should also look at themselves with regards to how they have demeaned this thread in their latter posts.

Right that`s it then. Now that the angry mob has been officialy formed are we going straight to the lynching or are we just going to march through the town with pitchforks and burning torches.

Any discussion which sinks to the `what if it was your kids blah blah` is pretty much done as far as I`m concerned.

Right that`s it then. Now that the angry mob has been officialy formed are we going straight to the lynching or are we just going to march through the town with pitchforks and burning torches.

Any discussion which sinks to the `what if it was your kids blah blah` is pretty much done as far as I`m concerned.

But calling other people's posts "the most insane thing you've ever read" and "moronic" is an eloquent discussion?

Ach, what's the point. You're right, let's be done with it.

As much as i love to sit back eat popcorn and watch you guys fight on the forum, It's a pretty serious issue,I reckon Hearts will have no choice but to fire him.. Saying that though there will be clubs willing to take him on. Just look at Marlon King a totally despicable member of society but is still plying his trade at Coventry

It's very much a valid viewpoint, as much as , and directly related to, the viewpoint that it's ok for people to do as they please outwith the law as long as they perform good on a football pitch.

Where should the line be drawn though? What is an acceptable level of lawbreaking at a football club? Should any player found guilty in a court of law be fired?

That's a question worthy of debate, and could go on forever based on peoples own opinions.

Should we really be questioning what side of that line grooming minors for sex is?

Apparently so!

I feel that Hearts should have sacked him because this isnt just "a fight in a nightclub" or "a drunken mistake" this charge is disgusting and there are no excuses for what he was guilty of. The strict conditions of the sex offenders register will stop him being incontact with anyone under 16 while not supervised so I dont think he will be present at any "family days" or meet the players days! I certainly wouldnt let him near my kids!!!

It's difficult not to draw the conclusion that Romanov (on behalf of the club) is treating this as just another indication of conspiracy. I'd suggest he'd be daft to do so, but he's already there!!

Should Thomson get sacked? One part of me would suggest that there's no requirement for this to happen and that the courts have provided him with his punishment.

However, the issue is not just about Thomson but about his colleagues and how this will impact on their working relationships. It also impacts on his ability to be a full member of a football squad that probably takes part in community activities that involve people under 16 years of age which he won't be able to be a part of. How sympathetic are his colleagues to his situation - at best, he might just become a social pariah within the club; at worst, he may be a negative and divisive factor in the squad.

On matchdays, how is he going to be treated. Before, during and after the games, players are surrounded by kids. Is Thomson to be secreted in an out of the ground and shut away from the regular activities that are such a part of football?

When you start to widen things out in such a manner you wonder just how Thomson can seriously expect to be taken seriously as a footballer at all, never mind a player for Hearts.

To get back to the question, should Thomson get sacked? If he has any sense of self-realisation, he should make this easy for Hearts and walk away, seek a new location and try to build a life away from football. If he's very lucky, he might be able to rise above this. If not, then he (and Hearts) deserve all that's going to be heading their way.