Craig Thomson Pleads Guilty To Indecent Behaviour

kni

Unbelieveable this is even up for debate! The guys a paedo FFS never mind losing his job a silver bullet would be too good for him!

Any hearts fans who do not boycott are condoning his actions, his teammates and gaffer would hand in their notices if they had any dignity.

Once again scottish football shown up to be a joke.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone should automatically lose their job over a conviction (even one of this nature). Everyone should have the right to earn a living. However, every case is individual, and should, as such, be treated on their own merits.

In my own opinion, I think the question should be asked "will his current employment put him in a position where he is near to, or even interacting with children?". The answer is a resounding yes, and therefor I think a career in football is now unsuitable for him.

But the earlier point is valid, even if Hearts sack him, someone else will still pick him up along the thoughts of "we've just got a good player for practically nothing, and he probably won't do anything like this again".

Or worse still, he could end up at Broadwood.

I know quote in jest BJags, but I see that Alan Lithgow has left Clyde for Dumbarton. Not sure of his offence but he went to Clyde after being charged with a sexual offence, think on register.

This Thompson character may have to trot a similarly lowly road. However with the media frenzy even this may be a struggle unless he lays low then tries to make his way back into the game. Ironically there's an argument that this is the last thing you want peiople commiting these kind of offences doing. Ho hum.

I know quote in jest BJags, but I see that Alan Lithgow has left Clyde for Dumbarton. Not sure of his offence but he went to Clyde after being charged with a sexual offence, think on register.

This Thompson character may have to trot a similarly lowly road. However with the media frenzy even this may be a struggle unless he lays low then tries to make his way back into the game. Ironically there's an argument that this is the last thing you want peiople commiting these kind of offences doing. Ho hum.

Lithgow was with Clyde for a few years after his offence. He's on the register because of a flashing incident. A move to Dumbarton isn't the 'lowly road' however, as Dumbarton are currently a league above Clyde and around his level.

would appear the pressure from fans and sponsors has finally hit home for hearts as they have just suspended thomson with immediate effect.

Definitely. However, this, in my opinion, shows Hearts in far greater contempt than before they suspended him. Clearly, the suspension decision now is based purely on economic reasons and not on the principle of whether a player on the SO register is a fit and proper individual to have on your playing staff.

What a rancid organisation HofM really is.

Breaking news.Craig Thomson has been sacked by Hearts.Thomson has sensationally walked straight into signing for Falkirk.In a press conference today Thomson said that he "can't wait to play with the Bairns."

What do the Falkirk players and fans think of this.

Breaking news.Craig Thomson has been sacked by Hearts.Thomson has sensationally walked straight into signing for Falkirk.In a press conference today Thomson said that he "can't wait to play with the Bairns."

Bloody hell, what are they thinking of? have they been on another planet? trouble is just going to follow Thomson, ARE THEY NOT BOTHERED WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT THIS BRINGS?

Didn't even think of that. it is very sick.

Perhaps Ozieptfc would have been better adding his post to "The Jokes Thread" on the General Chat board where equally offensive jokes are ten-a-penny.

Perhaps we need to calm down and avoid knee-jerk reactions until we're made fully aware of the facts from a reputable source.

Perhaps admin will delete all the posts back to Ozieptfc's and save a lot of blushes, finger-pointing and further "justifiable" outrage.

Who knows?

It was a joke guys totally forgot to add that at the end of the post that hE should not be allowed to play for anyone again

I was a bit surprised a few fell for it.....also surprised it took so long for a joke like this to be made.

I said this to Thornwood jag the other day.......while I find the guilty plea and the charges to be awful, it would have been beneficial to have heard on what sites these offences took place. On a social network site then they are appauling and he is lucky not to have been jailed.......but what if they took place on an adult site....i'd be very worried as to the reasons two young girls were on such a site.

we're all quick to condemn , me included, but perhaps some more information would allow us all to take a step back and gain as much of the facts as possible before we want a public hanging.

I was a bit surprised a few fell for it.....also surprised it took so long for a joke like this to be made.

I said this to Thornwood jag the other day.......while I find the guilty plea and the charges to be awful, it would have been beneficial to have heard on what sites these offences took place. On a social network site then they are appauling and he is lucky not to have been jailed.......but what if they took place on an adult site....i'd be very worried as to the reasons two young girls were on such a site.

we're all quick to condemn , me included, but perhaps some more information would allow us all to take a step back and gain as much of the facts as possible before we want a public hanging.

Some more information

No excuses.

Of course, everyone who's already posted their opinions on the matter in this thread will have been fully aware of the information in that article, prior to making their judgement.

It should no longer be a football issue so I, for one, have nothing further to say on the matter unless it develops further in a direction relating to football.

Edited by Norman

Some more information

No excuses.

Of course, everyone who's already posted their opinions on the matter in this thread will have been fully aware of the information in that article, prior to making their judgement.

It should no longer be a football issue so I, for one, have nothing further to say on the matter unless it develops further in a direction relating to football.

Thanks Norman.

Makes Hearts defence of the lad all the more appalling and their "mafia" rant just pathetic.

• 2 weeks later...