4 More Modern Apprentices Sign

Fawlty Towers

Hopefully 3-4 years from now we'll have the core of a good side made up by some of these boys. Delighted with that side of things just now, in the near 20 years i've been a jags fan we really haven't bothered with giving youth it's chance. Other than Archie, Kenny, I'd struggle to think of players we've developed who've have a decent career out of football? I always thought Derek Lyle was utter baws but he's done ok I suppose. Couple of guys played lower league for years, likes of robert dunn Andy gibson etc, but I'm hopeful a few of this bunch we have just now will be gems

Hopefully 3-4 years from now we'll have the core of a good side made up by some of these boys. Delighted with that side of things just now, in the near 20 years i've been a jags fan we really haven't bothered with giving youth it's chance. Other than Archie, Kenny, I'd struggle to think of players we've developed who've have a decent career out of football? I always thought Derek Lyle was utter baws but he's done ok I suppose. Couple of guys played lower league for years, likes of robert dunn Andy gibson etc, but I'm hopeful a few of this bunch we have just now will be gems

We actually developed Graham Dorrans, but it has gone unacknowledged.

B)

We actually developed Graham Dorrans, but it has gone unacknowledged.

B)

I thought we just had him on loan for a couple of months??

All the best to Mr Britton.. I think I remember Lambie saying at one point it was useless trying to develop young players (could be wrong i was about 10 at the time), however there is certainly a feel good aspect about that part of the club now..

Almost makes me feel happy about the future

Edited by dougie247

I thought we just had him on loan for a couple of months??

All the best to Mr Britton.. I think I remember Lambie saying at one point it was useless trying to develop young players (could be wrong i was about 10 at the time), however there is certainly a feel good aspect about that part of the club now..

Almost makes me feel happy about the future

I agree. Very optimistic about the future :D