6.Scott Robertson

7.Aaron Sinclair

8.David Rowson

9.Martin Grehan

10.Tommy Stewart

11.Chris Erskine

Subs

Ryan Scully Jamie Campbell Kris Doolan Iain Flannigan Stuart Bannigan

No idea of the team formation. With all these young defenders he might play 3 CBs but on the other hand it's not his style. Maybe 4-4-2 with Sinclair in midfield and Erskine right wing?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Central defensive partnership of Scott Robertson and Conrad Balatoni. Johnny Lindsay at left back with Aaron Sinclair pushed on to the left side of midfield. Chris Erskine on the right with Rowson and Cairney inside. Martin Grehan and Tommy Stewart up front."

0-0 at half time for anyone whos interested. Weve had a few half chances but Hamilton had quite a few good chances towards the end of the half, Simon Mensing missing right in front of the Thistle goal after a corner was poorly defended.

Does the lack of posts in this thread reflect the apathy most of us have for this tournament?

0-0 at half time for anyone whos interested. Weve had a few half chances but Hamilton had quite a few good chances towards the end of the half, Simon Mensing missing right in front of the Thistle goal after a corner was poorly defended.

Does the lack of posts in this thread reflect the apathy most of us have for this tournament?

prob...cant be bothered ;)

I'm usually interested in this tournament, but the tie against Hamilton is pretty uninspiring.

It seems very end to end at the moment. We need to start taking our chances or else the confidence will start to drain away.

On another note why isn't Shaun Fraser getting a look in? Surely tonight was the perfect opportunity with Doolan carrying a knock. We keep talking about the good young players but Mcnamara isnt giving them a chance so far this season. Fraser looked very promising last season but he hasnt been in the squad at all and Bannigan has been dropped in favour of Cairney who isnt playing well. They must be wondering what they have to do to get a chance at the moment.

It seems very end to end at the moment. We need to start taking our chances or else the confidence will start to drain away.

On another note why isn't Shaun Fraser getting a look in? Surely tonight was the perfect opportunity with Doolan carrying a knock. We keep talking about the good young players but Mcnamara isnt giving them a chance so far this season. Fraser looked very promising last season but he hasnt been in the squad at all and Bannigan has been dropped in favour of Cairney who isnt playing well. They must be wondering what they have to do to get a chance at the moment.

thought he was injured :thinking:

that might have been mcbeath :blush:

Edited by jaggybunnet

The total lack of cutting edge is getting beyond a joke.

I don't like losing any game but this tournament is worthless. That apart, another loss with no goals scored. We could get away with losing a goal per game but if we can't score then it's obviously a big problem.

We weren't bad, but we certainly weren't good. We played well enough, but never really looked like scoring. Sinclair is better at LB, Lindsay had a good game, as did Cairney. Grehan was bad. Balatoni was much improved & Robertson did his job.

Onto the penalty, Robertson shouldn't have given the player the chance to go down, he did by running into the back of him. It was harsh, but probably a pen.

If Hamilton & Dundee are 2 of the best teams in the 1st Division, then if we improve slightly, gain some consistency & have some luck, we will be in with a shout.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Wee Alan, a legend of the Star and Garter, nailed it. IF YOU DONT CREATE CHANCES YOU DON'T WIN FOOTBALL GAMES!

That was garbage of the highest order.

Well done to Scott Fox for making various excellent saves, and young Lindsay - he did well. Rowson and Cairney were fine.

Special mention for the shocking Paton, the shite Erskine, the terrible Sinclair, the slow Stewart and the non footballer Grehan.

Worst still the Thistle fans, Grown men shouting 'CHEAT CHEAT' at the end. Who cheated? The ref certainly did not, it was STONEWALL!!!! Why are we moaning like girls? The only people cheated tonight were all the fans who turned up and watched that turgid pish, both sets of fans.

Wee Alan, a legend of the Star and Garter, nailed it. IF YOU DONT CREATE CHANCES YOU DON'T WIN FOOTBALL GAMES!

Well done to Scott Fox for making various excellent saves, and young Lindsay - he did well. Rowson and Cairney were fine.

Special mention for the shocking Paton, the shite Erskine, the terrible Sinclair, the slow Stewart and the non footballer Grehan.

Worst still the Thistle fans, Grown men shouting 'CHEAT CHEAT' at the end. Who cheated? The ref certainly did not, it was STONEWALL!!!! Why are we moaning like girls? The only people cheated tonight were all the fans who turned up and watched that turgid pish, both sets of fans.

Thought it was a dive myself. That said, we were all 120 yards away, so can't be sure.

Agree with most of the rest of the above, though; 'cept about Paton who I thought played okay after a dodgy first 10 minutes.

Feel a wee bit sorry for Lindsay. He did well - but Sinclair was as rotten a winger as he is as good a full back; so it's back to No 3 for him which probably knocks Lindsay back out. Good to know we have cover there, though.

As for "growing men shouting", can't complain about the "Cheat Cheat" at the end; but what got me was the fandangoes booing Grehan. Yeh, he was absolutely rank, but I just don't get booing your own player...

[cue avalanche of "I pay ma money, I get to do what I want" pish...]

Edited by Watson Towers

Thought it was a dive myself. That said, we were all 120 yards away, so can't be sure.

Agree with most of the rest of the above, though; 'cept about Paton who I thought played okay after a dodgy first 10 minutes.

Feel a wee bit sorry for Lindsay. He did well - but Sinclair was as rotten a winger as he is as good a full back; so it's back to No 3 for him which probably knocks Lindsay back out. Good to know we have cover there, though.

As for "growing men shouting", can't complain about the "Cheat Cheat" at the end; but what got me was the fandangoes booing Grehan. Yeh, he was absolutely rank, but I just don't get booing your own player...

[cue avalnche of "I pay ma money, I get to do what I want" pish...]

Edited to add: well done what's-his-name-fresh-from-Pamplona. We need more like you.