Flannigan

Campbell

Grehan

.....................Fox

Paton.....Kinniburgh.....Archibald.....Sinclair

Cairney..... Robertson...Rowson

.........Erskine

.........Stewart.........Doolan.....

i would give erskine a free role to run at the defence and supply the forwards but would drop grehan for :thinking: ....anybody to be honest, hinchcliff maybe :blink:

My memories from last season's three games at Falkirk were you had to line up attack minded to avoid stalemate. I feel whether we go 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 is of little consequence if Cairney and Erskine are involved. Cairney rarely works down the flanks and Erskine is, well, Erskine. I'd imagine the starting eleven will be as posted above.

My memories from last season's three games at Falkirk were you had to line up attack minded to avoid stalemate. I feel whether we go 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 is of little consequence if Cairney and Erskine are involved. Cairney rarely works down the flanks and Erskine is, well, Erskine. I'd imagine the starting eleven will be as posted above.

agree that cairny and erskin dont work as wingers which is why i would have cairny in a midfield three and erskin working off the front two

Edited by jaggybunnet

agree that cairny and erskin dont work as wingers which is why i would have cairny in a midfield three and erskin working off the front two

Agree with the Erskine is Erskine sentiments but he is capable of turning and winning games for us. IMO. Still think we're missing a hit man up front though and have to pray that the front two will (eventually) come good.

Personally, though I don't know why, I think Grehan should get a proper chance to start and see how things go. I don't think we can score any less goals and we need someone who can hold the ball up while we wait for the midfield to get forward.

I assume you weren't at Hamilton on Tuesday night?

There is still no sign of a pre-match review on the OS. Technical problem?

Or have we injury problems and the manager doens't want to give too much away too early? Could be either Kinnniburgh or Archie don't make it.

Oops ... didn't see the last post ... didn't hear it either.

Edited by Mr Bunny

There is still no sign of a pre-match review on the OS. Technical problem?

No technical problems Mr B and FK, at least not in terms of the Match Preview.

I've been away for a few days without internet access and it isn't the kind of thing that lends itself to being prepared too far in advance. Was later home last night than planned as well.

Apologies for its' absence. A bit more forward planning from myself could have had something in place. Normal service to resume for the rest of the season.

Just as a wee additional note, the Falkirk Stadium is one ground where I've had internet connection issues in the past. Hopefully all will be okay today.

Edited by Tom Hosie

I feel we actually need to give Grehan a game, towards the end of last season he didn't score many but he set plenty up. I'm sure there was one game he set up three goals in a 3-0 (or 3-1?) win and he still got criticised on here afterwards. I'd go with a fairly attacking team today:

Fox

Paton Kinniburgh Archibald Sinclair

Cairney Rowson

Stewart Erskine Grehan

Doolan

Only problem with that line up is lack of width, Stewart can play out wide but probably does best cutting in from out there, Grehan would be more of a second striker in this line up with Erskine in a free role.

Edited to add - it was in fact a 3-2 win vs Falkirk where Grehan set up all three. All the more reason to include him today.

Edited by twinny