Where's Grehan?

BlantyreJag

Last season anyone who was at Palmerston (2-2) game and at Falkirk (3-2) game will know Grehan can be of use. I don't know what it is with the guy but I can understand why McCall & others saw potential. Out and out duds simply aren't capable of turning it on at all. The real question is why can the lad be arguably man of the match on a couple of occasions yet struggle to get pass marks in so many other games?

Anyway hardly surprised he wasn't in the squad today tho' I'd have thought Fraser would have been ahead of Burns on the bench.

Last season anyone who was at Palmerston (2-2) game and at Falkirk (3-2) game will know Grehan can be of use. I don't know what it is with the guy but I can understand why McCall & others saw potential. Out and out duds simply aren't capable of turning it on at all. The real question is why can the lad be arguably man of the match on a couple of occasions yet struggle to get pass marks in so many other games?

Anyway hardly surprised he wasn't in the squad today tho' I'd have thought Fraser would have been ahead of Burns on the bench.

You mention 2 games, he has been here and a half. Damon Gray had more potential still does, Scott Chaplain, Stevie Murray all had far more potential and we couldnt keep them. Having a handful of great games in a year and a half is not enough.

McCall saw potential in Stevie Lennon, Lucas Akins doesnt mean he is right. Grehan is a second divison third divison player, the first is to much for him.

Edited by Third Lanark

You mention 2 games, he has been here and a half. Damon Gray had more potential still does, Scott Chaplain, Stevie Murray all had far more potential and we couldnt keep them. Having a handful of great games in a year and a half is not enough.

McCall saw potential in Stevie Lennon, Lucas Akins doesnt mean he is right. Grehan is a second divison third divison player, the first is to much for him.

Read my post again. I only mentioned those two games to highlight the fact the guy can play. The only player you mention that I can identify in context is Chaplain, who if we didn't have a youth policy might still be with us as a fringe player.

Grehan may well be 2nd or 3rd division quality but this season he's a first division player. You might as well get used to it.

Read my post again. I only mentioned those two games to highlight the fact the guy can play. The only player you mention that I can identify in context is Chaplain, who if we didn't have a youth policy might still be with us as a fringe player.

Grehan may well be 2nd or 3rd division quality but this season he's a first division player. You might as well get used to it.

Really I would have said 19 year old Gray scoring 8 goals in 26 games against 26 year Old Grehan scoring 3 goals in more games would be an interesting context

Seems to be okay for Erskine but I forgot he's a 'cult player'

Obviously saw sense and told Jackie to RAM it. Wise man!!!

If he seen sense he would have chucked it before this season, never mind continue to masquerade as a football player !

Cmon stato's

Is it 2 or 3 goals in how many seasons as a centre forward ?

Give yerself a reality check before making suck feckin rsehole statements !

Says more for Jackie Mac that the he has been left out.

Were those motm games you quote at Firhill ? We could get pumped 10 nil at home and the motm would still be drawn from a hat containing only thistle players to suit the sponsors !

Grehan will never be a football player of the level required to play for us !

I called for his taxi may times last season and was critisised for doing so but my opinion has never wavered. To find someone critisising jackie mac for not playing him is worrying that fans within our support have not seen what I have been watching over the last few seasons !

Sorry just reread and apparently those games were away !

Who said he was m.o.t.m. then ? Just assumed it was the usual Jags players that have to have been sponsors motm.

Edited by Jaggy1967

LIB isn't defending Grehan (not much anyway) but just pointing out that the guy's shown in a few games he has something to offer - but just doesn't do it anywhere near enough.

In a way that's a bigger criticism of Grehan; after all you can't blame a guy for being poor: but you can very much blame someone who can be a decent player but doesn't show it most of the time.

Trouble is you can't have a discussion about some players - just to mention the name is like a red rag to a bull.

LIB isn't defending Grehan (not much anyway) but just pointing out that the guy's shown in a few games he has something to offer - but just doesn't do it anywhere near enough.

In a way that's a bigger criticism of Grehan; after all you can't blame a guy for being poor: but you can very much blame someone who can be a decent player but doesn't show it most of the time.

That's more or less what I was getting at. No way was I defending a guy who can only turn in a decent performance once every dozen or so games.

I was watching the highlights of the 3-2 win vs Falkirk last season, and I had forgot that Grehan set up all three goals. The one-two that set Erskine up, the stunning cross for Erskine's second and a really good through ball to send Doolan 1on1 for our third.

Made me think that he must have something to offer...somewhere...unless that game was just plain luck.

Not involved in squad at all today and no mention of him carrying an injury!!

this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone! not like many jags fans i went to the accies game and had to witness his worst performance for thistle its like watching berbatov without the skill he'll only play again when theres injuries and suspensions.