This Forum

Santana

Is ******* shite. Every week I come on, and people are saying a player is shite and we need to get rid despite the week before they were singing his praises. It's also full of people who think they're better than other (just look at the thread about Paton in the Sun). It's also full of people who seem to think we should be buying the cream of the crop in players, without realising we have nae dough. The banter is also horrific.

Anyway, I could go on for longer but I can't be ******. I'm looking forward to getting some witty remarks, hopefully this thread can even turn into a punfest.

Is ******* shite. Every week I come on, and people are saying a player is shite and we need to get rid despite the week before they were singing his praises. It's also full of people who think they're better than other (just look at the thread about Paton in the Sun). It's also full of people who seem to think we should be buying the cream of the crop in players, without realising we have nae dough. The banter is also horrific.

Anyway, I could go on for longer but I can't be ******. I'm looking forward to getting some witty remarks, hopefully this thread can even turn into a punfest.

You'll get banned for telling the true like that.

Its a fu ckin forum do you want everyone to have the same point of view as you?

If so go to any old firm forum you like full of like minded wallopers!

toodle pip

toodle pip

Everyone has an opinion and has the right to complain when something goes wrong blah, blah.

The constant moaning and overreacting is just getting boring to be honest, and puts me off reading threads.

toodle pip

Not really. I'm just pointing out that this forum is gash and full of turds who make Thistle fans hatable.

Not really. I'm just pointing out that this forum is gash and full of turds who make Thistle fans hatable.

There are turds in all walks of life. Admitedly I only use this forum, and P&B occassionally, but I imagine it will be the same across the board. The over reaction to defeats annoys me, for example describing yesterday as DISGRACEFUL is unjust according to neutral observers on the radio (wasn't there myself :( ). But if you don't like something either ignore it or challenge it. Your broadbrush statement is unfair though, imo there are some very good posters on here who talk a lot of sense, but of course there are others who annoy, that's life!

Sounds like you're quite the 'hard' man. This protest sounds like it came at the end of a '10 Gallon' sesh. Maybe you would prefer 'Baseball' as I've heard there like minded people into it, although that could be a 'porkpie' blah blah blah.

Every Jags forum (no doubt just about every football forum for all I know) is or was full of posters who say one thing one week then something near the opposite the next. I'll be as guilty of that sort of hypocrisy as others.

The other side of the coin is posts by folk on a kinda agenda (not so guilty of that, I don't think :unsure: ) but again just the sort of thing you surely expect on any forum.

In some aspects the forum represents the pre and post game pub patter. It would be a dull and rather strange pub that had a clientele who never varied their opinions and only spoke when they were stone cold sober so as not to offend by uttering something contrary to whatever they were saying the last time they were in. Stretching the pub analogy a bit further every bar will have punters who take themselves a bit too seriously, low level hypocrites, snobs and even the village idiot (who I notice hasn't yet posted on this thread, yet) :) .

Every Jags forum (no doubt just about every football forum for all I know) is or was full of posters who say one thing one week then something near the opposite the next. I'll be as guilty of that sort of hypocrisy as others.

The other side of the coin is posts by folk on a kinda agenda (not so guilty of that, I don't think :unsure: ) but again just the sort of thing you surely expect on any forum.

In some aspects the forum represents the pre and post game pub patter. It would be a dull and rather strange pub that had a clientele who never varied their opinions and only spoke when they were stone cold sober so as not to offend by uttering something contrary to whatever they were saying the last time they were in. Stretching the pub analogy a bit further every bar will have punters who take themselves a bit too seriously, low level hypocrites, snobs and even the village idiot (who I notice hasn't yet posted on this thread, yet) :) .

Yes I have :P

If you dont like it-- dont come into it----simples!

@ Santana

Aye mate, lotta numpties. Thank fook fur eh few peepsels like you what tells it like how it is ur this forum wid be pure keech aw the time mate. Ah cannae even be fookin bothered to even write this. Bein a jags fan is crap an ah'd even class masel as a ***** that naebidy likes cuz ah've posted here a few times an aw and readin back on what i wrote it's aw crap.

Think ah'm gonnae chuck it and just sniff glue instead. Y'commin? :getmecoat:

It's worth remembering that the people on this forum do not represent our support as a whole. Out of the hundreds of Jags fans I know, only one person posts on here and even then it's only once in a blue moon.

I'm really grateful for the forum as it's easily the best way to keep up to date with the goings on at the club, but it's hard not to get pissed off at the ever increasing amount of doom and gloom merchants, snobs and smart arses.

We would do well to remember that we're all on this forum as we follow the same team. Less negative threads and less knicker wetting and hand-wringing would be a start.

It's worth remembering that the people on this forum do not represent our support as a whole. Out of the hundreds of Jags fans I know, only one person posts on here and even then it's only once in a blue moon.

I'm really grateful for the forum as it's easily the best way to keep up to date with the goings on at the club, but it's hard not to get pissed off at the ever increasing amount of doom and gloom merchants, snobs and smart arses.

We would do well to remember that we're all on this forum as we follow the same team. Less negative threads and less knicker wetting and hand-wringing would be a start.

I agree the forum should never be taken as a mirror image of Jags fans but I always feel the nature of the beast means it'll always tend towards the negative. It's unlikely someone will start a thread either praising the catering (even if was acceptable) or saying the pitch is in good nick. That's just common nature.

What riles me somewhat is the OTT reactions particularly to individual players. We never seem to have any average players, everyone is either brilliant (less common) or about the worst player the poster has ever seen.

I agree with Tom S about the "doom and gloom merchants" tho' I'd exclude discussions about propco and those who post related info and opinions from that. The propco thingy is something too serious to ignore and is never going to be exactly a cheery subject. That's an exception tho' and on all the other threads a lot of people need to lighten up a good bit.

I agree the forum should never be taken as a mirror image of Jags fans but I always feel the nature of the beast means it'll always tend towards the negative. It's unlikely someone will start a thread either praising the catering (even if was acceptable) or saying the pitch is in good nick. That's just common nature.

What riles me somewhat is the OTT reactions particularly to individual players. We never seem to have any average players, everyone is either brilliant (less common) or about the worst player the poster has ever seen.

I agree with Tom S about the "doom and gloom merchants" tho' I'd exclude discussions about propco and those who post related info and opinions from that. The propco thingy is something too serious to ignore and is never going to be exactly a cheery subject. That's an exception tho' and on all the other threads a lot of people need to lighten up a good bit.

Hear hear.

Well I've been a Jags fan for over 40 years and it all been brilliant!

The League Cup win in 71 was brilliant.

The Glasgoe Cup win in 1980(1?) was brilliant.

Beating Rangers 2-0 at Ibrox on 31st October 1981 was brilliant

Beating anybody is brilliant.

All the strips the team have ever had have been brilliant.

John Lambie was brilliant.

Jackie Campbell, Jim Melrose, Maurice Johnston and Colin McAdam were brilliant.

Winning two consecutive promotions was brilliant.

The emergence of young players is brilliant.

Being 12,000 miles away is crap!

In summary though it looks like the good times outweigh the bad!

I'm tempted to ask: Has this thread been started as a wind up? After all, this is a football DG so all sorts of dodgy opinions will be voiced.

But when taken on balance, I don't think all Jags fans are negative; but I do feel that collectively we can be a bit hard on players. Personally speaking I'd like to think I'm honest enough to say that after 40-odd years watching football, I still know next to f*** all about tactics etc. However, I do know when I see effort so generally restrict my comments to who played well, tried hard etc...

I also accept that I'm especially guilty of talking sh*** when it comes to politics - some of it is serious but generally all I'm doing is to try to antagonise some on this DG who are two goose-steps to the right of Nick Griffin. IMO they are there to be baited and pilloried at every turn and I see it as my civic duty to perform this function for the greater good.

I've never counted, but can say that I probably post more on the General DG than on this DG; which probably confirms what I've said above and also proves that when talking about football I'm maybe out of my comfort zone.

So what is being proposed here? That Thistle fans shouldn't have a voice and shouldn't be allowed to moan, groan and grow stiff over the club that we love? And who's never had that wet dream... the one where we're owned by a billionaire Jags fan who has written-off all of our debts, is bored with us winning the SPL year-in year-out and will do anything to put the OF out of business. If that's talking s**** then guilty as charged!

• Members

I think it's just the nature of football forums. There's not much to be enthusiastic about just now, so negative type posts are going to be foremost in the discussions here.

I think the reason why the old ptfc.net forum is so fondly remembered by some is because in it's heyday, we enjoyed the back to back Championships and certain Board Members were quite happy to partake in discussions on the forum and happy enough to take part in an online Q&A session one night as well. When the team's doing well the Forum is a much better place. Indeed, my favourite thread on any Thistle forum ever was the thread that accompanied the going on at Peterhead when we won the Play-off. Getting home and reading that thread was fantastic. Seeing posters going from the lowest when Peterhead opened the scoring to go 3-1 ahead on aggregate to the extreme high when Billy Gibson's free kick was deflected into the net with the last kick of the ball, then Paul Ritchie's winning Penalty delight was almost as good as being there at the time!

The forum can be a great place to be around when the atmosphere of the place is a lot better than it is now.