Scottish Clubs In Europe

stillresigned

I see once again theat Scotlands mighty SPL teams are once again struggling, to reach the dizzy heights of European footballing mediocrity.

Apart from having a chuckle, since none of the three teams involved are in any way worthy of my affection: it does reveal how shockingly poor Scottish football has become.

No doubt Chick Dung and his mates will be calling for a RoyalInquiry, np doubt in his case with the emphass on royal!

I know we can hardly talk but if Scottish football doesn't change fast then it's going to be so screwed.

Went to the Hearts game. Properly pumped. It does make it seem a bit pointless following Scottish football in a league that aspires to be as good as Hearts. I suppose I just support thistle for pride/identity. Kaboula and Dawson are just never going to lose out to any players Hearts have. Reminded me of when we have championship sides up for pre season like Birmingham. The players are just massive compared to our ones.

It seems to me what are the top clubs doing in Scotland for the past 20 years about bring through there own players, they have had the money all they seem to do is sign foreign players that are not good enough, and they keep on getting results like we have had tonight, its crazy

Eh............ :thinking:

So what was our excuse in 1995 for not being in Europe after the end of July??

I don't recall any foreigners in our squad that year, unless Paul Kinnaird's unexpected appearance in Metz counts?????

;)

Edited by Barney Rubble

Why are Thistle fans giving money to Hearts?

I've had Hearts supporting mates come with me to Firhill. I've never gone to Tynecastle though - but my reasoning is that Thistle need extra people through the turnstyle, I've had Rangers, Celtic, Ayr United, Clyde, Falkirk, Fulham fans etc and last home game I had two Hammarby(Sweden) fans at the game and would repay the favour by visiting those stadiums too(apart from Old Firm).

End of the day if getting money through the gate for Thistle and getting to see a game of football, if I pay to go to another stadium and watch someone elses team I am still watching the game I love.

Eh............ :thinking:

So what was our excuse in 1995 for not being in Europe after the end of July??

I don't recall any foreigners in our squad that year, unless Paul Kinnaird's unexpected appearance in Metz counts?????

;)

Dont think the intertoto is taken seriously like the Europa cup or the champions league, also i would not count thistle as a big club

Dont think the intertoto is taken seriously like the Europa cup or the champions league, also i would not count thistle as a big club

That reminds me of a thing one of the boys said to me in work the other day, We were talking and I said that we were were "sleeping giants" to which the guy said "mair like a fckn coma!"

Hard to take but very very true :(