Christie Elliot

Alan Murray

A bit more of Christie here: Viva Northern League

He has jumped from the Wearside League to the Northern League (2 levels) already - I expect that he'll make the jump to Scottish Division 1 level, though he may need a period of adjustment.

I don't believe Cuggy has had too much to do with this - after all, if he was recommended by Blyth then he would've been signed by them. I think it's more likely that Partick had a scout at the Bay v Sunderland Reserves match where the lad tore the Premier League wannabes apart for 45 minutes (the game was abandoned at half time).

Hopefully I'll be able to get along to Firhill for the Queen of the South game and see him in action.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit more of Christie here: Viva Northern League

He has jumped from the Wearside League to the Northern League (2 levels) already - I expect that he'll make the jump to Scottish Division 1 level, though he may need a period of adjustment.

I don't believe Cuggy has had too much to do with this - after all, if he was recommended by Blyth then he would've been signed by them. I think it's more likely that Partick had a scout at the Bay v Sunderland Reserves match where the lad tore the Premier League wannabes apart for 45 minutes (the game was abandoned at half time).

Hopefully I'll be able to get along to Firhill for the Queen of the South game and see him in action.

Maybe they abandoned the game because he was taking the pish out of them so much. Go on Linford.

Just noticed in the highlights Christie kisses the badge after he scores. This boy's doing all the right things.

Nothing more cringe-worthy than a badge kisser. I seem to recall a Mr F. Torres kissing the Liverpool badge once upon a time. I think Paton has done it too...no need.

Nothing more cringe-worthy than a badge kisser. I seem to recall a Mr F. Torres kissing the Liverpool badge once upon a time.

I once told my ex that I loved her. Just because I don't at the moment doesn't mean I didn't at the time.

I've no problem with what Christie did. Six months ago he was playing for Jarrow Roofing. Thistle give him the chance to be a professional footballer and within five minutes he had his name on the vidiprinter. I'm sure it was his way of showing people how much he appreciates being given the chance by the club.

I once told my ex that I loved her. Just because I don't at the moment doesn't mean I didn't at the time.

I've no problem with what Christie did. Six months ago he was playing for Jarrow Roofing. Thistle give him the chance to be a professional footballer and within five minutes he had his name on the vidiprinter. I'm sure it was his way of showing people how much he appreciates being given the chance by the club.

I spoke to him literally 30 seconds after he signed the contract. I'm not normally one for badge kissing, but the guy is genuinely chuffed to bits about signing for us. You can usually tell if someone's flanneling, but this was genuine enthusiasm and excitement. :thumbsup:

Nothing more cringe-worthy than a badge kisser. I seem to recall a Mr F. Torres kissing the Liverpool badge once upon a time. I think Paton has done it too...no need.

I don't think this particular example of badge kissing has the cringe factor. It's not as if he's trying to dupe us into thinking Thistle are his first love. However, he's just scored a fantastic goal on his professional debut. Something that he'll remember for the rest of his life. A wee bit of appreciation for the opportunity that Thistle has given him is ok with me.

I don't think this particular example of badge kissing has the cringe factor. It's not as if he's trying to dupe us into thinking Thistle are his first love. However, he's just scored a fantastic goal on his professional debut. Something that he'll remember for the rest of his life. A wee bit of appreciation for the opportunity that Thistle has given him is ok with me.

You might just be missing the point. It's a Jags fan's duty, well on here at least, to turn any positive thread the other way.

Imo Elliot should be severely censured but then again McNamara & Donnelly are way too soft to act on this outrage. Just think what could happen if this stupid laddie is allowed to continue kissing his badge every time he scores a goal. Once was bad enough but what happens if he scores a hat-trick?Plus everyone else will feel they can get away with it and before you know it we'll have Robertson kissin' the badge if he finds another Jags player with a pass or Paton slobbering all over that wee black thistle just cause he's kicked the ball with his left foot.

Thin edge of the wedge I tell you. Get it sorted, Beattie! :mad2:

You might just be missing the point. It's a Jags fan's duty, well on here at least, to turn any positive thread the other way.

Imo Elliot should be severely censured but then again McNamara & Donnelly are way too soft to act on this outrage. Just think what could happen if this stupid laddie is allowed to continue kissing his badge every time he scores a goal. Once was bad enough but what happens if he scores a hat-trick?Plus everyone else will feel they can get away with it and before you know it we'll have Robertson kissin' the badge if he finds another Jags player with a pass or Paton slobbering all over that wee black thistle just cause he's kicked the ball with his left foot.

Thin edge of the wedge I tell you. Get it sorted, Beattie! :mad2:

:lol::blink::thinking: so true :(

The guy's happy to be here, it's the biggest move in his career & one I'm sure he's dreamt of making. If I had signed for a 'big' club & the next day scored on my debut there's a pretty high chance I'd do a bit of badge kissing!

So what he's not a Jags fan, but I'm sure he's on the road to becoming one. When he did it I'm sure it was instinct, just like his finish, lets hope he carries it on after he bangs in another couple on Saturday! :thumbsup2:

More positive stuff HERE

But he didn’t last long there, with his pre-season form being spotted by Partick who offered him the chance to play against Scotland Under-19s in a friendly last week were he starred and scored a last-minute winner.
:huh:

I thought he scored the opening goal in a 1-1 draw against Scotland Under-19s.

As for badge-kissing, I'm against it. Acceptable in internationals or if you've been at a club for 10 years, otherwise it just looks wrong.