Where's Tam?

Firhillista

Not that I'm not really excited (honestly, I am that sad) about our acquisition from Whitley Bay - welcome Christie, hope you have a long and successful carer with the Jags - but I was more impressed with the thought that we might sign Tam (the Bam) McManus. It seemed a done deal, but it's all gone quiet. Anyone heard anything? I wouldn't like to think he was using Thistle to get a better offer out of Falkirk, but surely that kind of thing doesn't go on in professional football....

Not that I'm not really excited (honestly, I am that sad) about our acquisition from Whitley Bay - welcome Christie, hope you have a long and successful carer with the Jags - but I was more impressed with the thought that we might sign Tam (the Bam) McManus. It seemed a done deal, but it's all gone quiet. Anyone heard anything? I wouldn't like to think he was using Thistle to get a better offer out of Falkirk, but surely that kind of thing doesn't go on in professional football....

I really hope we sign Tam i think he would become a big favourite with the punters here but the longer it goes the less chance i think we have of getting him and of another club nicking him. The Falkirk and Ayr fans both really liked him which is rare as when you usually leave a club you automatically become rotten!! Lets hope the board put there hands in the pockets and get him in even short term.

Just yet another in the list of disappointments that we have had to endure in the last few years. Club say we have McManus training with us and are confident that he will be signed in time for Saturday. Cue a big signing announcement on the club website...yes we are pleased to announce the signing of............ Christie Elliot from Whitley Bay!!! This is not a dig at Elliot who may well turn out to be a good signing, but just when we thought we were at last getting a half decent forward it looks like our hopes have been scuppered again!!

Edited by Lindau

I saw him outside before the game heading to players entrance with a bald little foreign looking guy who perhaps was his agent??? Least he was there which kind of encourages that the deal may still be alive. Lad Christie looked promising tho and if we add McManus all of a sudden we have real quality and competition in forward areas.

I saw him outside before the game heading to players entrance with a bald little foreign looking guy who perhaps was his agent??? Least he was there which kind of encourages that the deal may still be alive. Lad Christie looked promising tho and if we add McManus all of a sudden we have real quality and competition in forward areas.

Do hope the deal is still alive. Have to think if it was dead then why was McManus still at the club today.

Seems young Christie thinks the fans were the twenty or so folk sitting in the main stand from reading that as he says he ran straight to them after the goal!!

Wondered about that one myself :lol:

Also, if you listen to the Podcast from Kicktalk, the guy at the game said the stand they were in was almost full. That would be the JHS which holds 6000 people, if only it was nearly full.

• 3 weeks later...