New Fan Website If You're Interested

ptfc 1971 4-1

http://partickthistlefc.devhub.com/

It has just been created, but it will give fans the chance to comment onblogs which i post, it is like the thistle website, but less official but straight from me, a fan and i will keep you up to date with stuff the official site refuses to tell you, give it a chance and it will become your preferred site from now on, you may comment on blogs i post about the games and the news. and if you wish to comment, simply click comment and then at the bottom, choose a username, put in the website section partick thistle fc, add your email adress and then comment, then comfirm this on your email and you are on completely free, and if u didn't mind havin a quick look at the adds to earn us a bit of cash i would appreciate it, u never know u might find something you like! :)

Edited by ptfc 1971 4-1

Never heard that story about Lambie till I read it there on that blog. Surprised more hasn't been mentioned about that!

Surprised? Really? Given the smokescreens around the club these days, nothing would surprise me. I hope it's not true. Gentlemen's club, gentlemen's arrangements. You know how these things are.

Never heard that story about Lambie till I read it there on that blog. Surprised more hasn't been mentioned about that!

Likewise, shocked and hope this isn't true as Lambie did a lot for the club... perhaps the understatement of the year!

My original post contained the full transcript but removed in case this leaves the site in any danger; not quite sure how these things work :unknw:

Edited by Meister Jag

Best of luck with that. The blogs from around the Jags family are usually interesting. Not sure who this is, though ...

'Possil Jag'

"n my next post I will reveal some of the financial details of that company which will worry any Thistle fan as well as analysing their strategy at the forthcoming EGM and why we should all be worried by these proposals. "

But no follow up in the next post?

• Members

Surprised? Really? Given the smokescreens around the club these days, nothing would surprise me. I hope it's not true. Gentlemen's club, gentlemen's arrangements. You know how these things are.

Surprised that no one has mentioned on this forum before now more than anything. (Edited to add) On checking the dates of the blog, maybe not so surprising after all as it seems to have sprung up around the time of the EGM and it's follow up.

The Blogger certainly doesn't like/trust the current decision makers at the Club, that's for sure, he does however, seem to have a lot of knowledge of what's happening around the Club and going by the time of his posts.... he must be the nihgtwatchman!

And as for smokescreens, they've been there as long as I can remember.

Edited by Willjag

And back to the blog about Lambie........ can the Club even stop paying a pension?

I think that's exactly the point, Will.

Either the Club was contractually obliged to pay the pension (in which case, we're headed for another Employment Tribunal) or it wasn't (in which case, why on earth were they paying a discretionary pension to a former employee at a time when the business is p***ing hundreds of thousands of pounds down the drain).

The former seems to be really basic schoolboy stuff, the likes of which (financially at least) we don't really appear to have seen from the current board so far. The latter seems to be just the sort of thing our former BoDs would have got up to. I suppose we may never know for sure which it was.

Edited by stolenscone

I think that's exactly the point, Will.

Either the Club was contractually obliged to pay the pension (in which case, we're headed for another Employment Tribunal) or it wasn't (in which case, why on earth were they paying a discretionary pension to a former employee at a time when the business is p***ing hundreds of thousands of pounds down the drain).

The former seems to be really basic schoolboy stuff, the likes of which (financially at least) we don't really appear to have seen from the current board so far. The latter seems to be just the sort of thing our former BoDs would have got up to. I suppose we may never know for sure which it was.

100% agree if it was a pension then the pension company pays it so PTFC have no say in the payment of it ,if it was a discretionary payment well being blunt we struggle to put a team on the park so Im assuming it was part of trying to balance the budget and went as a result.

100% agree if it was a pension then the pension company pays it so PTFC have no say in the payment of it ,if it was a discretionary payment well being blunt we struggle to put a team on the park so Im assuming it was part of trying to balance the budget and went as a result.

It will actually depend on the basis on which it was granted rather than who is paying it. It could have been a discretionary decision to pay a pension but that doesn't necessarily mean that it can be withdrawn at will.

It will actually depend on the basis on which it was granted rather than who is paying it. It could have been a discretionary decision to pay a pension but that doesn't necessarily mean that it can be withdrawn at will.

Spot on.

Subjectively, it can't ever be a good idea to piss about with the legend that is Lambie; not if you want to be liked and respected by Thistle fans anyway. If there is some justification for withdrawing this speculative pension, then I would imagine that both JL and the fans would've understood. It's the apparent fact that JL has stormed off vowing to "never set foot inside Firhill again" that implies that the great man has been treated shabbily...If there's any mileage in the story to begin with, that is.

This is probably the crux of the biscuit.

I'm curious as to why the blogger suddenly shut down. :thinking: Nothing like a bit of tittle-tattle to keep the chattering classes going ... or was it whistleblowing? Makes a difference from the herogrammes on this forum.

• Members

I'm curious as to why the blogger suddenly shut down. :thinking: Nothing like a bit of tittle-tattle to keep the chattering classes going ... or was it whistleblowing? Makes a difference from the herogrammes on this forum.

Never heard that word before! It's a beaut! :D

I thought it not a bad wee blog to be honest as you say bit of tittle tattle makes for interesting reading ,viva la difference :thumbsup2:

Still not clear if you think the Club should or shouldnt make "discretionary" payments if that was the case.

It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference what I thought - after all, like the rest of us, I'm a mere paying fan. Now, the chess game that's being played to move people with property industry credentials onto the board, that bothers me. There's only one way that can end, and that's with the club kicked to the kerb.