What A Sensation

Jordanhill Jag

Last Night was a unique event for Partick Thistle it was very much a night for the Fans by the Fans.

The "idea" was hatched four weeks ago- so it was no mean feat to put this on and try and sell tickets in a very short space of time.

We had Fans from 2 to 96 years of age in attendandance ,we tried to give everyone something special to hang onto -did it all run smoothly -No, but then again this was a different type of night ,there was no sit down Dinner or a Band to "entertian" it was very much about celebrating PTFC - the 71 Team coming onto the stage via a Gaurd of Honour formed by the Kids with there flags for me summed up the night ,we were handing over the baton of this thing we call Partick Thistle to our future fans.

I know these guys very much like to stay in the background but given the tremendous amount of work put in I would like to publicly thank Neil Sturgeon ,Lance ,Tom Hosie ,Colin Scott .Tommy Taylor and Maxi and the PTFC staff.These guys did us proud.

Special mention to Adam Lockyer for helping pulling together the tops to Ghana Video and the fantastic work he does with Right To Dream.We were supported by too many people on the night to mention - to them thank you.

Just under 400 Jags Fans turned out to sing and celebrate a special moment in our History. and for that I cant thank you enough - it makes me proud to be a Jags Fan.

Jim Alexander

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

Last Night was a unique event for Partick Thistle it was very much a night for the Fans by the Fans.

The "idea" was hatched four weeks ago- so it was no mean feat to put this on and try and sell tickets in a very short space of time.

We had Fans from 2 to 96 years of age in attendandance ,we tried to give everyone something special to hang onto -did it all run smoothly -No, but then again this was a different type of night ,there was no sit down Dinner or a Band to "entertian" it was very much about celebrating PTFC - the 71 Team coming onto the stage via a Gaurd of Honour formed by the Kids with there flags for me summed up the night ,we were handing over the baton of this thing we call Partick Thistle to our future fans.

I know these guys very much like to stay in the background but given the tremendous amount of work put in I would like to publicly thank Neil Sturgeon ,Lance ,Tom Hosie ,Colin Scott .Tommy Taylor and Maxi and the PTFC staff.These guys did us proud.

Special mention to Adam Lockyer for helping pulling together the tops to Ghana Video and the fantastic work he does with Right To Dream.We were supported by too many people on the night to mention - to them thank you.

Just under 400 Jags Fans turned out to sing and celebrate a special moment in our History. and for that I cant thank you enough - it makes me proud to be a Jags Fan.

Jim Alexander

You forgot one very important person to thank Jim, yourself.

What a sook! :P

Well said Jim! Fantastic night for the supporters. In terms of PTFC staff i would also like to recongise and thank on behalf of the Club, as well as the guys you mentioned who all were fantastic, also huge thanks to Jim Wilson, Kit and Fiona, Kirsty, Lynsey, James Shaw, Andrew, Conrad B, Stephen O'D, Tommy S, Paul C, Simon D, Charlie Kirkwood, colin's other half Charlene, Mrs Maxi, Robert Reid, Tommy D and Mrs Tom Hosie sorry if i missed anybody out!! Without all you guys this event couldn't have went ahead.

For me this night celebrated everything that is great about being a Jags fan, the room was full of people that have a mutual love and passion for this old club of ours.

The players both past and present were a credit to Thistle and their families for the way they conducted themselves on the night. Well done to Jim and his team for giving us a brilliant night. :thumbsup2:

Well said Jim! Fantastic night for the supporters. In terms of PTFC staff i would also like to recongise and thank on behalf of the Club, as well as the guys you mentioned who all were fantastic, also huge thanks to Jim Wilson, Kit and Fiona, Kirsty, Lynsey, James Shaw, Andrew, Conrad B, Stephen O'D, Tommy S, Paul C, Simon D, Charlie Kirkwood, colin's other half Charlene, Mrs Maxi, Robert Reid, Tommy D and Mrs Tom Hosie sorry if i missed anybody out!! Without all you guys this event couldn't have went ahead.

I mind that Stewart & Balatoni, though both not Jags players at that particular time, turned up at the Firhill Cup day. Paul Cairney reffed a good few of the games.

A huge well done to all those who put in their hard work into getting this event organised and for it being a huge successful. I could only stay till 10.30pm but was a great night and a great chance for Thistle supporters young and old to celebrate.

And as Ian Mac said also raised some vital funds for the club as well.

Not to sure if the 1971 cup victory could be said as most important date in clubs history by itself, surely joint most important date along with the 1921 Scottish cup victory over Rangers.

Anyway well done all :thumbsup2:

Had an excellent time with my brother, my daughter and my pal Joe. Thanks to Mr. Hosie for the replica programme Now I' ve got Photos of us with Alex Rae, Jimmy Bone, dizzy feet McQuade and Roughie. The Star for me was Bobby Lawrie, what a guy? My I-Pad also has Film sequences of Jags Fans singing songs which are no longer allowed which took me back to my plooky youth. well done to the Folk who organised this.

Had an excellent time with my brother, my daughter and my pal Joe. Thanks to Mr. Hosie for the replica programme Now I' ve got Photos of us with Alex Rae, Jimmy Bone, dizzy feet McQuade and Roughie. The Star for me was Bobby Lawrie, what a guy? My I-Pad also has Film sequences of Jags Fans singing songs which are no longer allowed which took me back to my plooky youth. well done to the Folk who organised this.

I was born under the Firhill Shed? :D