Dundee Prices

macca

If i take my 3 under 16 kids to Dundee on Saturday it will cost me £49 just to get into the ground,yet if a Dundee fan brings his 3 under 16 kids to Firhill it will cost him just £17 where is the justice in this? It`s time we started charging away supporters the same price they fleece us for or try and come to some arrangement with clubs regarding our kids being allowed in free.It`s no wonder that crowds are diminishing each season

If i take my 3 under 16 kids to Dundee on Saturday it will cost me £49 just to get into the ground,yet if a Dundee fan brings his 3 under 16 kids to Firhill it will cost him just £17 where is the justice in this? It`s time we started charging away supporters the same price they fleece us for or try and come to some arrangement with clubs regarding our kids being allowed in free.It`s no wonder that crowds are diminishing each season

Don't forget tho' Dundee will probably go the extra yard and house us* in the bendy stand. For the extra two quid you get a restricted view and souvenir sore neck to remind you of your visit.

*I say us but I've no intention of going. Apart from our last visit there this will be the first Jags game I'll have missed since February. :(

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

You guys do realize that by refusing to pay the admission fees that Dundee have set, you are providing further evidence to Dundee and its supporters that everybody in Scotland - officials, other clubs, and fans - are determined to make sure that Dundee FC cease to exist?

And unless Thistle role over and let them win on Saturday, the evidence will be strengthened even further.

You guys do realize that by refusing to pay the admission fees that Dundee have set, you are providing further evidence to Dundee and its supporters that everybody in Scotland - officials, other clubs, and fans - are determined to make sure that Dundee FC cease to exist?

And unless Thistle role over and let them win on Saturday, the evidence will be strengthened even further.

don't want them to cease to exist-playing in the 2nd div. would do!!

When the real truth is that none of us would be inclined to be that generous to them.

:D Bean weighting four sew long to sea yew do sumthing like that.

Hope springs eternal

Just don't go. Save your money and don't give that scummy Club any extra money.

Save the pennies for the November triple header of away games - Dumfries, Scottish Cup then Ayr.

Spot on. Between the rip-off prices, restricted views, and nazi stewarding, unless we are playing a potential league-winning game, no way will i be stepping foot inside that odious repugnant clubs hellhole.

How the hell does hurting them in the pocket help them in any way at all?

£19 to sit in that mudhut, they can get stuffed.

Edited by MWM

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Going for one of the lads birthdays, really looking forward to the trip.

Went both times last season, and say what you like about the football club, but the ground was packed both times, and the atmosphere was superb.

Also if that daft mascot is around, I will pull his feathers.

Beer.

I won't be going. Shite team, ground, city, stewards, pies, beer.

I will be going. Cracking pubs, cracking beer and usually a decent atmosphere because unlike us, they can actually pull a decent home support. Unfortunately we will probably get beat and the stewards will do their best to spoil our day.

Word of caution to any Thistle fans who haven't been to Dens recently. Watch out for the head steward in the yellow jacket. He's an older guy and he loves stirring it up. I have seen him make a fuss out of nothing which have resulted in arrests on at least 3 occasions. He winds Thistle fans up, runs to the police and watches with delight as our fans are led out in cuffs. A cowardly scumbag of a man.

Don't sit too near the front either, as you'll be told we have a history of spitting at the players as the run out of the tunnel meaning we can't sit within 'spitting distance'... Tell you what, us fans must have some degree of accuracy with out spit, as the 2 teams come out that tunnel almost on top of each other!

I will be going. Cracking pubs, cracking beer and usually a decent atmosphere because unlike us, they can actually pull a decent home support. Unfortunately we will probably get beat and the stewards will do their best to spoil our day.

Word of caution to any Thistle fans who haven't been to Dens recently. Watch out for the head steward in the yellow jacket. He's an older guy and he loves stirring it up. I have seen him make a fuss out of nothing which have resulted in arrests on at least 3 occasions. He winds Thistle fans up, runs to the police and watches with delight as our fans are led out in cuffs. A cowardly scumbag of a man.

Rough as feck dive pubs you mean?

On our last trip up there a couple of seasons ago there was vomit on the carpets and all over the bogs!

Old women and men sleeping in corners!

Trips to Dungdee used to be good when they let you into the supporters club but the last 2 times we went up we were turned away!

All the best to those who make the trip tomorrow.

It will be the first game I've missed this season and I hope the manager and team repays the fans with a good result. What better place to get our first away win of the season.

If the stewards try their best to stir things up - bite your tongue. Don't let those Tayside scumbags get to you. They're morons and that's all they ever will be.

I'll be going tomorrow, though wholeheartedly agree we should have a reciprocal agreement with away teams over the charging, when it comes to youngsters. I raised this in the fans questionnaire that we should restrict free for under 16's to home fans only charge away fans according to what they set for us.

Don't know if there is a legal reason, but if not then don't see we do not as I see the u16's free as a means to bring new fans to the club in the long term, not for the benefit of the away support.

I'll be going tomorrow, though wholeheartedly agree we should have a reciprocal agreement with away teams over the charging, when it comes to youngsters. I raised this in the fans questionnaire that we should restrict free for under 16's to home fans only charge away fans according to what they set for us.

Don't know if there is a legal reason, but if not then don't see we do not as I see the u16's free as a means to bring new fans to the club in the long term, not for the benefit of the away support.

I agree with what you have said, why should we subsidise the away support

Far far too sensible for Scottish football clubs to understand!

Does anybody know the final outcome of the case in which a Downdee steward (mascot?) slapped a Jags fan at the game last season and then ran away to hide in his shelter? I seem to remember it went to court, but I'm not sure.

You can throw a punch [allegedly] at a fan and get off scot free, but walk unsteadily down the stairs and it is another matter.... funny ole world!

Dee Mascot

Edited by Jagsfan58